QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 2663|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 7(下)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-10-31 13:45:03 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
Harry squeezed himself into the chair behind Perkins's desk while Mr Weasley riffled through the sheaf of parchment Kingsley Shacklebolt had given him.
'Ah,' he said, grinning, as he extracted a copy of a magazine entitled The Quibbler from its midst, 'yes . . .' He flicked through it. 'Yes, he's right, I'm sure Sirius will find that very amusing - oh dear, what's this now?'
A memo had just zoomed in through the open door and fluttered to rest on top of the hiccoughing toaster. Mr Weasley unfolded it and read it aloud.
"Third regurgitating public toilet reported in Bethnal Green, kindly investigate immediately." This is getting ridiculous . . .'
'A regurgitating toilet?'
'Anti-Muggle pranksters,' said Mr Weasley, frowning. 'We had two last week, one in Wimbledon, one in Elephant and Castle. Muggles are pulling the flush and instead of everything disappearing - well, you can imagine. The poor things keep calling in those - pumbles, I think they're called - you know, the ones who mend pipes and things.'
'Plumbers?'
'Exactly, yes, but of course they're flummoxed, f only hope we can catch whoever's doing it.'
'Will it be Aurors who catch them?'
'Oh no, this is too trivial for Aurors, it'll be the ordinary Magical Law Enforcement Patrol - ah, Harry, this is Perkins.'
A stooped, timid-looking old wizard with fluffy white hair had just entered the room, panting.
'Oh, Arthur!' he said desperately, without looking at Harry. Thank goodness, I didn't know what to do for the best, whether to wait here for you or not. I've just sent an owl to your home but you've obviously missed it - an urgent message came ten minutes ago - '
'I know about the regurgitating toilet,' said Mr Weasley.
'No, no, it's not the toilet, it's the Potter boy's hearing - they've changed the time and venue - it starts at eight o'clock now and it's down in old Courtroom Ten - '
'Down in old - but they told me - Merlin's beard!'
Mr Weasley looked at his watch, let out a yelp and leapt from his chair.
'Quick, Harry, we should have been there five minutes ago!'
Perkins flattened himself against the filing cabinets as Mr Weasley left the office at a run, Harry close on his heels.
哈利勉强挤进珀金斯办公桌后的那张椅子,这时韦斯莱先生飞快地翻查着金斯莱·沙克尔刚才给他的那扎羊皮纸。
“啊,”他咧嘴笑着说,从羊皮纸中间抽出一本名为《唱唱反调》的杂志,“是的……”他草草地翻看着。“是的,他说得没错,我敢肯定小天狼星会觉得非常有意思的——哦,天哪,这又是怎么啦?”
一张字条嗖地飞进了敞开的门,慢悠悠地落在那个不断打嗝的祝酒人头上。韦斯莱先生打开字条,大声念道:“‘据报告,在贝斯纳绿地发生了第三例公共厕所污水回涌事件,请火速前去调查。’这可真是见鬼了……”
“厕所污水回涌?”
“反麻瓜的恶作剧分子干的,”韦斯莱先生皱着眉头说,“上个星期就有过两次,一次是在温布尔顿,另一次是在象堡。麻瓜一冲厕所,结果脏东西不仅没消失——哎,你自己想象一下吧。可怜的人们不停地叫那些——管子人,我想他们是这么说的吧——你知道的,就是那些修理管子之类东西的人。”
“管子工?”
“对啦,就是这个,但是当然啦,他们也毫无办法。我只希望我们能抓住干这种勾当的人。”
“傲罗不会去抓他们吗?”
“噢,不,这种区区小事不需要傲罗出动,普通的魔法法律执行侦察队就能对付——啊,哈利,这位是珀金斯。”
一个弯腰驼背、神情有些腼腆、一头松软的花白头发的老巫师微微喘着粗气走进了房间。
“啊,亚瑟!”他没有看哈利,只是着急地说道,“谢天谢地,我本来正发愁该怎么办才好呢,不知道要不要在这里等你们。我刚才打发一只猫头鹰给你家里送信,但你显然没有收到——十分钟前来了一条紧急消息——”
“厕所污水回涌的事我已经知道了。”韦斯莱先生说。
“不,不,不是厕所的事,是波特那孩子的受审——他们把时间、地点给改了——改成了八点钟在下面那间旧的第十审判室——”
“在下面那间——可是他们告诉我说——我的天哪!”
韦斯莱先生看了看表,惊呼了一声,从椅子上一跃而起。
“快点儿,哈利,我们应该五分钟前就到那里的!”
珀金斯把身体贴在文件柜上让出道来,韦斯莱先生飞跑出办公室,哈利紧跟在后面。
'Why have they changed the time?' Harry said breathlessly, as they hurtled past the Auror cubicles; people poked out their heads and stared as they streaked past. Harry felt as though he'd felt all his insides back at Perkins's desk.
'I've no idea, but thank goodness we got here so early, if you'd missed it, it would have been catastrophic!'
Mr Weasley skidded to a halt beside the lifts and jabbed impatiently at the 'down' button.
'Come ON!'
The lift clattered into view and they hurried inside. Every time it stopped Mr Weasley cursed furiously and pummelled the number nine button.
'Those courtrooms haven't been used in years,' said Mr Weasley angrily. 'I can't think why they're doing it down there - unless - but no - '
A plump witch carrying a smoking goblet entered the lift at that moment, and Mr Weasley did not elaborate.
'The Atrium,' said the cool female voice and the golden grilles slid open, showing Harry a distant glimpse of the golden statues in the fountain. The plump witch got out and a sallow-skinned wizard with a very mournful face got in.
'Morning, Arthur,' he said in a sepulchral voice as the lift began to descend. 'Don't often see you down here.'
'Urgent business, Bode,' said Mr Weasley, who was bouncing on the balls of his feet and throwing anxious looks over at Harry.
'Ah, yes,' said Bode, surveying Harry unblinkingly. 'Of course.'
“他们为什么要改时间呢?”哈利气喘吁吁地问。他们一溜烟地跑过傲罗的那些小隔间,人们纷纷探出头来,惊讶地望着他们飞奔而过。哈利觉得他似乎把自己的五脏六腑都留在珀金斯的办公桌后面了。
“真不明白,幸亏我们这么早就来了。如果你错过了,可就大祸临头了!”
韦斯莱先生在电梯旁刹住脚步,不耐烦地敲打着“向下”的按钮。
“快点儿!”
电梯咔啦咔啦地出现了,他们闪身进了电梯。每次电梯一停,韦斯莱先生都要气愤地咒骂几句,并用拳头使劲击打九层的按钮。
“那些审判室已经好多年没有使用了,”韦斯莱先生气呼呼地说,“我真不明白他们为什么要选择在那里——除非——不,不会——”
这个时候,一个胖胖的女巫端着一只冒烟的高脚酒杯走进了电梯,韦斯莱先生也没有心思去问个究竟。
“正厅。”那个冷冷的女人声音说道,金色的栅栏门滑开了,哈利远远地看见了喷泉中的那几尊黄金雕像。胖胖的女巫走了出去,一个满面菜色的巫师愁眉苦脸地走了进来。
“早上好,亚瑟,”电梯开始下降时,他用忧郁低沉的声音说,“最近不怎么看见你下来。”
“我有急事,博德。”韦斯莱先生说,一边心急火燎地踮着脚尖,并不时用焦急的目光望望哈利。
“啊,是吗,”博德眼睛一眨不眨地打量着哈利,说道,“当然是这样。”
Harry barely had emotion to spare for Bode, but his unfaltering gaze did not make him feel any more comfortable.
'Department of Mysteries,' said the cool female voice, and left it at that.
'Quick, Harry,' said Mr Weasley as the lift doors rattled open, and they sped up a corridor that was quite different from those above. The walls were bare; there were no windows and no doors apart from a plain black one set at the very end of the corridor. Harry expected them to go through it, but instead Mr Weasley seized him by the arm and dragged him to the left, where there was an opening leading to a flight of steps.
'Down here, down here,' panted Mr Weasley, taking two steps at a time. The lift doesn't even come down this far . . . why they're doing it down there I , . .'
They reached the bottom of the steps and ran along yet another corridor, which bore a great resemblance to the one that led to Snape's dungeon at Hogwarts, with rough stone walls and torches in brackets. The doors they passed here were heavy wooden ones with iron bolts and keyholes.
'Courtroom . . . Ten . . . I think . . . we're nearly . . . yes.'
Mr Weasley stumbled to a halt outside a grimy dark door with an immense iron lock and slumped against the wall, clutching at a stitch in his chest.
'Go on,' he panted, pointing his thumb at the door. 'Get in there.'
'Aren't - aren't you coming with - ?'
'No, no, I'm not allowed. Good luck!'
Harry's heart was beating a violent tattoo against his Adams apple. He swallowed hard, turned the heavy iron door handle and stepped inside the courtroom.
哈利几乎没有心情理睬博德,但他那目不转睛的凝视仍使他感到很不舒服。
“神秘事务司。”那个冷冷的女人声音说完就陷入了沉默。
“快点儿,哈利。”电梯的门哗啦啦地打开了,韦斯莱先生催促道。他们飞快地跑过一道走廊。这道走廊与上面的那些走廊完全不同,墙壁上空荡荡的,没有门也没有窗户,只是走廊的尽头有一扇简简单单的黑门。哈利以为他们会走这扇门,不料韦斯莱先生抓住他的胳膊把他拉到左边,这里有一个豁口通向一道阶梯。
“下来,下来,”韦斯莱先生气喘吁吁地说,一步跨下两个台阶,“连电梯都下不到这么深的地方……他们为什么要弄到这里来,我真……”
他们下到阶梯底下,又顺着一道走廊往前跑,这里跟霍格沃茨的那些通向斯内普地下教室的走廊简直一模一样:粗糙的石头墙壁,托架上插着一支支火把。他们在这里经过的门都是沉重的木门,上面嵌着铁门闩和钥匙孔。
“第十……审判室……我想……我们差不多到了……没错。”
在一扇阴森森的挂着一把大铁锁的黑门前,韦斯莱先生跌跌撞撞地停下了脚步,精疲力竭地靠在墙上,揪着胸前的衣服直喘粗气。
“走吧,”他喘着气说,用大拇指点着那扇门,“进去吧。”
“你不——你不和我一起——”
“哦,不行。我不能进去。祝你好运!”
哈利狂跳的心脏扑通扑通地撞击着他的喉结。他费力地咽了口唾沫,拧了一下门上沉重的铁把手,走进了审判室。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表