搜索
查看: 2623|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 5(上)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-7-11 10:50:02 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
'Seen old Figgy since?' he asked.
'No,' said Harry, 'I haven't seen anyone.'
'See, I wouldn't 'ave left,' said Mundungus, leaning forward, a pleading note in his voice, 'but I 'ad a business opportunity - '
Harry felt something brush against his knees and started, but it was only Crookshanks, Hermione's bandy-legged ginger cat, who wound himself once around Harry's legs, purring, then jumped on to Sirius's lap and curled up. Sirius scratched him absent-mindedly behind the ears as he turned, still grim-faced, to Harry.
'Had a good summer so far?'
'No, it's been lousy,' said Harry.
For the first time, something like a grin flitted across Sirius's free.
'Don't know what you're complaining about, myself.'
'What?' said Harry incredulously.
'Personally, I'd have welcomed a Dementor attack. A deadly struggle for my soul would have broken the monotony nicely. You think you've had it bad, at least you've been able to get out and about, stretch your legs, get into a few fights . . . I've been stuck inside for a month.'
“后来又看见费格老太了吗?”他问。
“没有,”哈利说,“我谁也没看见。”
“你看,我不应该离开的,”蒙顿格斯探着身子,声音里带着恳求,“但我有机会做成一笔大买卖——”
哈利感到什么东西正蹭着他的膝盖,不禁吓了一跳,原来是克鲁克山——赫敏那只姜黄色的罗圈腿猫,它把身体绕在哈利的腿上,呼噜呼噜叫着,然后一下子跳到小天狼星的膝头,蜷做一团。小天狼星心不在焉地挠着它的耳根,同时转过脸来望着哈利,脸上表情仍然很沉重。
“这个夏天过得还好吧?”
“不,糟糕透了。”哈利说。
小天狼星的脸上第一次掠过一丝若有若无的笑容。
“我真不知道你还有什么可抱怨的。”
“什么?”哈利不敢相信地说。
“就我个人来说,我还巴不得摄魂怪来袭击我呢。为保卫我的灵魂而殊死搏斗,这多好啊,可以打破令人厌烦的单调生活。你以为你的日子很难熬,但你至少可以出门到处走动走动,伸展伸展腿脚,跟人打打架什么的——我已经在屋里困了一个月了。”
'How come?' asked Harry, frowning.
'Because the Ministry of Magic's still after me, and Voldemort will know all about me being an Animagus by now, Wormtail will have told him, so my big disguise is useless. There's not much I can do for the Order of the Phoenix . . . or so Dumbledore feels.'
There was something about the slightly flattened tone of voice in which Sirius uttered Dumbledore's name that told Harry that Sirius, too, was not very happy with the Headmaster. Harry felt a sudden upsurge of affection for his godfather.
'At least you've known what's been going on,' he said bracingly.
'Oh yeah,' said Sirius sarcastically. 'Listening to Snape's reports, having to take all his snide hints that he's out there risking his life while I'm sat on my backside here having a nice comfortable time . . . asking me how the cleaning's going - '
'What cleaning?' asked Harry.
'Trying to make this place fit for human habitation,' said Sirius, waving a hand around the dismal kitchen. 'No one's lived here for ten years, not since my dear mother died, unless you count her old house-elf, and he's gone round the twist - hasn't cleaned anything in ages.'
“怎么会呢?”哈利皱起眉头问道。
“因为魔法部仍然在追捕我,伏地魔这会儿已经知道我是个阿尼马格斯了,虫尾巴肯定告诉了他,所以我再怎么伪装也没有用了。我已经不能为凤凰社做多少事情——至少邓布利多是这样感觉的。”
小天狼星说出邓布利多的名字时声音显得有点儿消沉,这使哈利明白,小天狼星对校长也有点儿不满。哈利顿时对教父产生了一种亲切的情感。
“至少你知道正在发生什么事情吧。”他安慰道。
“哦,是啊,”小天狼星讥讽地说,“听斯内普的长篇报告,忍受他的冷嘲热讽,似乎他冒着生命危险,出生人死,而我却安坐在这里,舒舒服服地混日子——他还问我大扫除搞得怎么样了——”
“什么大扫除?”哈利问。
“把这个地方搞得可以住人,”小天狼星说,挥手指了指阴暗破败的厨房,“这里已经十年没有人居住,自从我亲爱的母亲去世之后就没人了,除非你算上她留下的家养小精灵,但那小精灵已经变得疯疯癫癫——好长时间没做任何打扫了。”
'Sirius,' said Mundungus, who did not appear to have paid any attention to the conversation, but had been closely examining an empty goblet. This solid silver, mate?'
'Yes,' said Sirius, surveying it with distaste. 'Finest fifteenth-century goblin-wrought silver, embossed with the Black family crest.'
'That'd come orf, though,' muttered Mundungus, polishing it with his cuff.
'Fred - George - NO, JUST CARRY THEM!' Mrs Weasley shrieked.
Harry, Sirius and Mundungus looked round and, within a split second, they had dived away from the table. Fred and George had bewitched a large cauldron of stew, an iron flagon of Butterbeer and a heavy wooden breadboard, complete with knife, to hurtle through the air towards them.
The stew skidded the length of the table and came to a halt just before the end, leaving a long black burn on the wooden surface; the flagon of Butterbeer fell with a crash, spilling its contents everywhere; the bread knife slipped off the board and landed, point down and quivering ominously, exactly where Sirius's right hand had been seconds before.
'FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!' screamed Mrs Weasley. THERE WAS NO NEED - I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS - JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE ALLOWED TO USE MAGIC NOW, YOU DON'T HAVE TO WHIP YOUR WANDS OUT FOR EVERY TINY LITTLE THING!'
“小天狼星,”蒙顿格斯说话了,他似乎根本没注意他们在说什么,而是在细细地端详一只高脚酒杯,“这是纯银的吧,伙计?”
“是的,”小天狼星厌恶地看了看杯子,说道,“十五世纪小妖精制造的最精美银器,上面还刻着布莱克家族的饰章。”
“那倒真是好东西。”蒙顿格斯含混地说,用袖口把杯子擦亮。
“弗雷德——乔治——别这样,把它们端起来!”韦斯莱夫人尖叫道。
哈利、小天狼星和蒙顿格斯扭头一看,说时迟那时快,三个人赶紧一猫腰,从桌子旁躲开了。弗雷德和乔治动用魔法把一大锅炖菜、一大铁壶黄油啤酒、一块沉重的切面包板,外加一把刀子,一股脑儿地朝他们猛抛过来。那锅炖菜哧溜溜滑过整个桌面,正好在桌子边缘停住了,木头桌面上留下了一长条烧焦发黑的痕迹。
那壶黄油啤酒哗啦一声翻倒了,啤酒洒得到处都是。切面包的刀子从板上掉下来,刀尖朝下扎进了桌子,凶险地微颤着,那正好是几秒钟前小天狼星的右手放着的地方。
“看在老天的分儿上!”韦斯莱夫人大声嚷道,“没必要这么做——这一套我受够了——就算现在允许你们使用魔法了,你们也用不着做每件鸡毛蒜皮的小事都挥动魔杖吧!”
'We were just trying to save a bit of time!' said Fred, hurrying forward to wrench the bread knife out of the table. 'Sorry, Sirius, mate - didn't mean to - '
Harry and Sirius were both laughing; Mundungus, who had toppled backwards off his chair, was swearing as he got to his feet; Crookshanks had given an angry hiss and shot off under the dresser, from where his large yellow eyes glowed in the darkness.
'Boys,' Mr Weasley said, lifting the stew back into the middle of the table, 'your mother's right, you re supposed to show a sense f responsibility now you've come of age - '
'None of your brothers caused this sort of trouble!' Mrs Weasley raged at the twins as she slammed a fresh flagon of Butterbeer on lo the table, and spilling almost as much again. 'Bill didn't feel the need to Apparate every few feet! Charlie didn't charm everything he met! Percy - '
She stopped dead, catching her breath with a frightened look at her husband, whose expression was suddenly wooden.
'Let's eat,' said Bill quickly.
'It looks wonderful, Molly,' said Lupin, ladling stew on to a plate lor her and handing it across the table.
For a few minutes there was silence but for the chink of plates and cutlery and the scraping of chairs as everyone settled down to their food. Then Mrs Weasley turned to Sirius.
“我们只是为了节约一点儿时间!”弗雷德说着匆忙赶过来,把切面包的刀子拔出桌面,“对不起,小天狼星,哥们儿——不是故意的——”
哈利和小天狼星都放声大笑。蒙顿格斯刚才向后栽下了椅子,这会儿正骂骂咧咧地爬起身来。克鲁克山愤怒地嘶嘶叫了一声,箭一般地钻到碗橱底下去了,那双黄澄澄的大眼睛在黑暗中闪闪发亮。
“儿子们,”韦斯莱先生把那锅炖菜重新端到桌子中央,说道,”你们的妈妈说得对,你们现在已经长大成人,应该表现出一点责任感了——”
“你们的几个哥哥就从没闹出这种乱子!”韦斯莱夫人一边朝双胞胎儿子吼道,一边把另一壶黄油啤酒重重地放在桌上,洒出的啤酒几乎跟上一壶一样多。“比尔觉得没有必要几步路就幻影移形!查理不会碰到什么东西都施魔法!珀西——”
她猛地停住话头,屏住呼吸,惊慌地望了丈夫一眼,韦斯莱先生的表情突然僵住了。
“我们吃饭吧。”比尔赶紧说道。
“看上去很不错啊,莫丽。”卢平说着替她盛了一些炖菜在盘子里,隔着桌子递了过去。
几分钟没有人说话,只有大家坐下来就餐时盘子和餐具发出的碰撞声,还有椅子的摩擦声。然后,韦斯莱夫人转脸望着小天狼星。
'I've been meaning to tell you, Sirius, there's something trapped in that writing desk in the drawing room, it keeps rattling and shaking. Of course, it could just be a Boggart, but I thought we ought to ask Alastor to have a look at it before we let it out.'
'Whatever you like,' said Sirius indifferently.
The curtains in there are full of Doxys, too,' Mrs Weasley went on. 'I thought we might try and tackle them tomorrow.'
'I look forward to it,' said Sirius. Harry heard the sarcasm in his voice, but he was not sure that anyone else did.
Opposite Harry, Tonks was entertaining Hermione and Ginny by transforming her nose between mouthfuls. Screwing up her eyes each time with the same pained expression she had worn back in Harry's bedroom, her nose swelled to a beak-like protuberance that resembled Snape's, shrank to the size of a button mushroom and then sprouted a great deal of hair from each nostril. Apparently this was a regular mealtime entertainment, because Hermione and Ginny were soon requesting their favourite noses.
'Do that one like a pig snout, Tonks.'
“小天狼星,我一直想告诉你,客厅的那张写字台里面关着什么东西,它不停地摇晃,发出咯啦啦的声音。也许只是一个博格特,但我想我们还是先请阿拉斯托来看看再把它放出来。”
“随便吧。”小天狼星兴味索然地说。
“还有,那儿的窗帘里都是狐猸子,”韦斯莱夫人接着说道,“我想明天我们得想办法把它们处理一下。”
“我正巴不得呢。”小天狼星说。哈利听出了他声音里的讽刺意味,但不知道其他人有没有听出来。
在哈利对面,唐克斯一边吃饭一边给她的鼻子变形,逗赫敏和金妮开心。每次她都紧紧地闭上眼睛,露出她在哈利卧室里时露出的那种痛苦表情,她的鼻子忽而肿胀得像鸟嘴一样,看上去活脱脱是斯内普的鼻子,忽而又缩回去,变成圆球蘑菇一般大小,然后每个鼻孔里都冒出一大堆鼻毛。这显然是吃饭时的固定娱乐节目,因为很快赫敏和金妮就要求她变出她们最喜欢的鼻子。
“变出一只猪鼻子来,唐克斯。”

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表