QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 2934|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 4(上)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-6-6 11:01:57 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
'Let him breathe, Hermione,' said Ron, grinning as he closed the door behind Harry. He seemed to have grown several more inches during their month apart, making him taller and more gangly looking than ever, though the long nose, bright red hair and freckles were the same.
Still beaming, Hermione let go of Harry, but before she could say another word there was a soft whooshing sound and something white soared from the top of a dark wardrobe and landed gently on Harry's shoulder.
'Hedwig!'
The snowy owl clicked her beak and nibbled his ear affectionately as Harry stroked her feathers.
'She's been in a right state,' said Ron. 'Pecked us half to death when she brought your last letters, look at this - '
He showed Harry the index finger of his right hand, which sported a half-healed but clearly deep cut.
'Oh, yeah,' Harry said. 'Sorry about that, but I wanted answers, you know - '
'We wanted to give them to you, mate,' said Ron. 'Hermione was going spare, she kept saying you'd do something stupid if you were stuck all on your own without news, but Dumbledore made us - '
'- swear not to tell me,' said Harry. 'Yeah, Hermione's already said.'
The warm glow that had flared inside him at the sight of his two best friends was extinguished as something icy flooded the pit of his stomach. All of a sudden - after yearning to see them for a solid month - he felt he would rather Ron and Hermione left him alone.
There was a strained silence in which Harry stroked Hedwig automatically, not looking at either of the others.
'He seemed to think it was best,' said Hermione rather breathlessly. 'Dumbledore, I mean.'
'Right,' said Harry. He noticed that her hands, too, bore the marks of Hedwig's beak and found that he was not at all sorry.
'I think he thought you were safest with the Muggles -' Ron began.
'Yeah?' said Harry, raising his eyebrows. 'Have either of you been attacked by Dementors this summer?'
“让他喘口气吧,赫敏。”罗恩一边说一边微笑着在哈利身后把门关上。在他们分开的这个月里,他似乎又长高了几英寸,这使他比以前显得更瘦长、更笨拙了,不过那个长鼻子、那头火红色的头发,还有那一脸的雀斑仍然和以前一模一样。
赫敏放开了哈利,仍然满脸喜色,但没等她再说什么,就听见传来一阵轻微的呼呼声,一个白色的东西从黑黑的衣柜顶上飞过来,轻捷地落在哈利肩头。
“海德薇!”哈利抚摸着这只雪白的猫头鹰的羽毛,它的嘴巴发出咔哒咔哒的声音,爱怜地轻轻啄着哈利的耳朵。
“它一直烦躁不安,”罗恩说,“它捎来你最后那两封信时,差点把我们啄个半死,你看看这个——”他举起右手的食指给哈利看,上面有一个已经快要愈合、但显然很深的伤口。
“哎呀,”哈利说,“真是对不起,但我想得到答复,你知道——”
“我们也想给你答复啊,哥们儿,”罗恩说,“赫敏担忧得要命,她不停地说,如果你一直困在那里,得不到一点儿消息,你肯定会做出什么傻事来的。但邓布利多逼着我们——”
“——发誓不告诉我,”哈利说,“是啊,赫敏已经说过了。”
见到两个最要好朋友时的那种热乎乎的喜悦现在慢慢熄灭了,一股冷冰冰的东西涌进了他的内心深处。突然之间——虽然整整一个月眼巴巴地渴望见到他们——他却觉得情愿罗恩和赫敏走开,让他独自待着。
一阵令人紧张的沉默,哈利机械地抚摸着海德薇,眼睛连看都不看他们俩。
“他似乎觉得这样做最合适,”赫敏呼吸有点急促地说,“我指的是邓布利多。”
“是埃”哈利说。他注意到赫敏的手上也留着被海德薇啄伤的疤痕,而他却没有丝毫歉意。
“我想,他大概认为你跟麻瓜待在一起是最安全的——”罗恩说道。
“是吗?”哈利扬起眉毛反问道,“你们在这个暑假里谁遭到摄魂怪的袭击啦?”
'Well, no - but that's why he's had people from the Order of the Phoenix tailing you all the time - '
Harry felt a great jolt in his guts as though he had just missed a step going downstairs. So everyone had known he was being followed, except him.
'Didn't work that well, though, did it?' said Harry, doing his utmost to keep his voice even. 'Had to look after myself after all, didn't I?'
'He was so angry,' said Hermione, in an almost awestruck voice. 'Dumbledore. We saw him. When he found out Mundungus had left before his shift had ended. He was scary.'
'Well, I'm glad he left,' Harry said coldly 'II he hadn't, I wouldn't have done magic and Dumbledore would probably have left me at Privet Drive all summer.'
'Aren't you . . . aren't you worried about the Ministry of Magic hearing?' said Hermione quietly.
'No,' Harry lied defiantly. He walked away from them, looking around, with Hedwig nestled contentedly on his shoulder, but this room was not likely to raise his spirits. It was dank and dark. A blank stretch of canvas in an ornate picture frame was all that relieved the bareness of the peeling walls, and as Harry passed it he thought he heard someone, who was lurking out of sight, snigger.
'So why's Dumbledore been so keen to keep me in the dark?'
Harry asked, still trying hard to keep his voice casual. 'Did you - er - bother to ask him at all?'
He glanced up just in time to see them exchanging a look that told him he was behaving just as they had feared he would. It did nothing to improve his temper.
'We told Dumbledore we wanted to tell you what was going on,' said Ron. 'We did, mate. But he's really busy now, we've only seen him twice since we came here and he didn't have much time, he just made us swear not to tell you important stuff when we wrote, he said the owls might be intercepted.'
“噢,没有——正因为那样,他才派了凤凰社的人随时跟踪你呀——”
哈利感到心里猛地忽悠一下,好像下楼梯时一脚踏空了一样。这么说大家都知道他被人跟踪,只有他一个人蒙在鼓里。
“看来并不怎么管用,是不是?”哈利说,拼命使声音保持平稳,“我还是得自己保护自己,是不是?”
“他气极了,”赫敏用一种几乎战战兢兢的口吻说,“邓布利多。我们看见他了。当他弄清蒙顿格斯不到换岗时间就擅自离开时,他那副样子简直吓人。”
“噢,我倒巴不得他离开呢。”哈利冷冰冰地说,“如果他不离开,我就不会使用魔法,邓布利多大概会让我整个暑假都待在女贞路吧。”
“你对于——对于到魔法部受审不感到担心吗?”赫敏轻声问。
“不。”哈利倔强地没说实话。他从他们身边走开了,四下打量着,海德薇心满意足地歇在他的肩头,但这个房间似乎并不能使他的情绪有所好转。这里阴暗、潮湿。墙皮剥落的墙面上空荡荡的,只有一张空白的油画布镶在一个华丽的镜框里。哈利从它旁边经过时,仿佛听见有谁躲在暗处轻声发笑。
“那么,邓布利多为什么这样热心地把我蒙在鼓里呢?”哈利问,仍然竭力保持着淡漠的声音,“你们——嗯——有没有费心问问他呢?”
他一抬头,正好瞥见他们俩交换了一个眼神,似乎在说他的表现正像他们所担心的一样。这并没有使他的情绪好转一点。
“我们对邓布利多说,我们很想告诉你到底发生了什么事,”罗恩说,“我们真的这么做了,哥们儿。但他现在忙得要命,我们到这里之后只见过他两次。他没有多少时间,他只是叫我们保证写信时不把重要的事情告诉你,他说猫头鹰可能会被人半路截走。”
'He could still've kept me informed if he'd wanted to,' Harry said shortly. 'You're not telling me he doesn't know ways to send messages without owls.'
Hermione glanced at Ron and then said, 'I thought that, too. But he didn't want you to know anything.'
'Maybe he thinks I can't be trusted,' said Harry, watching their expressions.
'Don't be thick,' said Ron, looking highly disconcerted.
'Or that I can't take care of myself.'
'Of course he doesn't think that!' said Hermione anxiously.
'So how come I have to stay at the Dursleys' while you two get to join in everything that's going on here?' said Harry, the words tumbling over one another in a rush, his voice growing louder with every word. 'How come you two are allowed to know everything that's going on?'
'We're not!' Ron interrupted. 'Mum won't let us near the meetings, she says we're too young - '
But before he knew it, Harry was shouting.
'So you haven't been in the meetings, big deal! You've still been here, haven't you? You've still been together! Me, i've been stuck at the dursleys' for a month! And i've handled more than you two've ever managed and dumbledore knows it - 'who saved the philosopher's stone? Who got rid of riddle? Who saved both your skins from the dementors?'
Every bitter and resentful thought Harry had had in the past month was pouring out of him: his frustration at the lack of news, the hurt that they had all been together without him, his fury at being followed and not told about it - all the feelings he was half-ashamed of finally burst their boundaries. Hedwig took fright at the noise and soared off to the top of the wardrobe again; Pigwidgeon twittered in alarm and zoomed even faster around their heads.
'Who had to get past dragons and sphinxes and every other foul thing last year? Who saw him come back? Who had to escape from him? Me!'
“如果他真的愿意,还是可以把消息告诉我的。”哈利粗暴地说,“难道除了猫头鹰,他就不知道还有其他送信的办法吗?”
赫敏扫了一眼罗恩,然后说道:“这点我也想过。但他就是不想让你知道任何事情。”
“也许他认为我不可信任。”哈利一边说一边观察着他们的表情。
“别说傻话啦。”罗恩说,显得有点儿惊慌失措。
“或者认为我不能照顾好自己。”
“他当然不是这么想的!”赫敏焦急地说。
“那么我为什么不得不留在德思礼家,而你们俩却参与了这里发生的每件事情?”他的话一句接一句地喷了出来,声音越来越高,“为什么你们俩就允许知道所有发生的事情?”
“不是这样!”罗恩打断了他,“妈妈不让我们走进他们开会的地方,她说我们年纪太小——”
哈利不知不觉地喊了起来:“这么说你们没能参加会议,真是太遗憾了!但你们一直待在这里,是不是?你们一直待在一起!而我呢,我被困在德思礼家整整一个月!可我经历过的事情比你们俩都多,邓布利多明明知道这一点——是谁保住了魔法石?是谁除掉了里德尔?是谁从摄魂怪手里救了你们两个人的命?”
过去一个月里哈利有过的每一个痛苦、怨恨的想法现在都一股脑儿地涌了出来:得不到消息时的焦虑不安,得知他们一直待在一起、惟独把他撇在一边时的委屈,被人跟踪、自己却蒙在鼓里的愤怒——所有这些令他感到屈辱的感觉,终于像决堤的洪水一样冲了出来。海德薇被他的声音吓坏了,抖抖翅膀飞回到衣柜顶上去了。小猪惊慌地吱吱叫着,在他们头顶上嗖嗖地越飞越快。
“是谁去年不得不穿越火龙和斯芬克司以及其他每一种令人恶心的东西?是谁亲眼看见那家伙复活?是谁不得不逃脱他的魔爪?是我!”

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表