QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 2917|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 4(上)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-5-30 10:31:07 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
What's the Order of the - ?' Harry began.'Not here, boy!' snarled Moody. Wait till we're inside!'
He pulled the piece of parchment out of Harry's hand and set fire to it with his wand-tip. As the message curled into flames and floated to the ground, Harry looked around at the houses again. They were standing outside number eleven; he looked to the left and saw number ten; to the right, however, was number thirteen.
'But where's - ?'
'Think about what you've just memorised,' said Lupin quietly.
Harry thought, and no sooner had he reached the part about number twelve, Grimmauld Place, than a battered door emerged out of nowhere between numbers eleven and thirteen, followed swiftly by dirty walls and grimy windows. It was as though an extra house had inflated, pushing those on either side out of its way. Harry gaped at it. The stereo in number eleven thudded on. Apparently the Muggles inside hadn't felt anything.
'Come on, hurry,' growled Moody, prodding Harry in the back.
Harry walked up the worn stone steps, staring at the newly materialised door. Its black paint was shabby and scratched. The silver doorknocker was in the form of a twisted serpent. There was no keyhole or letterbox.
Lupin, pulled out his wand and tapped the door once. Harry heard many loud, metallic clicks and what sounded like the clatter o' a chain. The door creaked open.
'Get in quick, Harry,' Lupin whispered, 'but don't go far inside and don't touch anything.'
Harry stepped over the threshold into the almost total darkness of the hall. He could smell damp, dust and a sweetish, rotting smell; the place had the feeling of a derelict building. He looked over his shoulder and saw the others filing in behind him, Lupin and Tonks carrying his trunk and Hedwig's cage. Moody was standing on the top step releasing the balls of light the Put-Outer had stolen from the streetlamps; they flew back to their bulbs and the square glowed momentarily with orange light before Moody limped inside and closed the front door, so that the darkness in the hall became complete.
“什么是凤——?”哈利刚要发问。
“别在这儿说,孩子!”穆迪厉声吼道,“等我们进去再说!”
他抽走了哈利手里的那张羊皮纸,用魔杖头把它点燃了。纸片卷曲着燃烧起来,飘落到地上。哈利抬头打量着周围的房屋,他们此时站在11号外面。他望望左边,看见的是10号,望望右边,却是13号。
“可是怎么不见——?”
“想想你刚才记住的话。”卢平轻声说。
哈利专心地想着,刚想到格里莫广场12号,就有一扇破破烂烂的门在11号和13号之间凭空冒了出来,接着肮脏的墙壁和阴森森的窗户也出现了,看上去就像一座额外的房子突然膨胀起来,把两边的东西都挤开了。哈利看得目瞪口呆。11号的立体声音响还在沉闷地响着,显然住在里面的麻瓜们什么也没有感觉到。
“走吧,快点儿。”穆迪粗声吼道,捅了一下哈利的后背。
哈利一边走上破烂的石头台阶,一边睁大眼睛望着刚变出来的房门。门上的黑漆都剥落了,布满左一道右一道的划痕。银制的门环是一条盘曲的大蛇形状。门上没有钥匙孔,也没有信箱。
卢平抽出魔杖,在门上敲了一下。哈利听见许多金属撞击的响亮声音,以及像链条发出的哗啦哗啦声。门吱吱呀呀地打开了。
“快点进去,哈利,”卢平小声说道,“但是别往里走得太远,别碰任何东西。”
哈利跨过门槛,走进几乎一片漆黑的门厅。他闻到湿乎乎、灰扑扑的气味,还有一股甜滋滋的腐烂味儿。这地方给人的感觉像是一座废弃的空房子。他扭头望望后面,看见其他人正跟着鱼贯而入。卢平和唐克斯抬着他的箱子,拎着海德薇的笼子。穆迪站在外面最上面一级台阶上,把刚才熄灯器从路灯上偷来的一个个光球释放出来。光球一个接一个地跳进了各自的灯泡,转眼间广场又被橙黄色灯光照得通亮了。穆迪一瘸一拐地走了进来,关上前门,这下子门厅更是黑得伸手不见五指了。
'Here - '
He rapped Harry hard over the head with his wand; Harry felt as though something hot was trickling down his back this time and knew that the Disillusionment Charm must have lifted.
'Now stay still, everyone, while I give us a bit of light in here,' Moody whispered.
The others' hushed voices were giving Harry an odd feeling of foreboding; it was as though they had just entered the house of a dying person. He heard a soft hissing noise and then old-fashioned gas lamps sputtered into life all along the walls, casting a flickering insubstantial light over the peeling wallpaper and threadbare carpet of a long, gloomy hallway, where a cobwebby chandelier glimmered overhead and age-blackened portraits hung crooked on the walls. Harry heard something scuttling behind the skirting board. Both the chandelier and the candelabra on a rickety table nearby were shaped like serpents.
There were hurried footsteps and Ron's mother, Mrs Weasley, emerged from a door at the far end of the hall. She was beaming in welcome as she hurried towards them, though Harry noticed that she was rather thinner and paler than she had been last time he had seen her.
'Oh, Harry, it's lovely to see you!' she whispered, pulling him into a rib-cracking hug before holding him at arm's length and examining him critically. 'You're looking peaky; you need feeding up, but you'll have to wait a bit for dinner, I'm afraid.'
She turned to the gang of wizards behind him and whispered urgently, 'He's just arrived, the meeting's started.'
The wizards behind Harry all made noises of interest and excitement and began filing past him towards the door through which Mrs Weasley had just come. Harry made to follow Lupin, but Mrs Weasley held him back.
'No, Harry, the meeting's only for members of the Order. Ron and Hermione are upstairs, you can wait with them until the meetings over, then we'll have dinner. And keep your voice down in the hall,' she added in an urgent whisper.
“这儿——”他用魔杖重重地敲了一下哈利的脑袋。这次哈利觉得仿佛有一股热乎乎的东西顺着后背流淌下去,他知道幻身咒被解除了。“好了,大家都待着别动,我给这里弄出点儿亮光。”穆迪轻声说。
听到别人这样压低声音说话,哈利产生了一种奇怪的不祥之感,就好像他们走进了一座快要死人的房子。他听见了一阵窸窸窣窣的声音,然后墙上一排老式气灯都亮了起来,投下一片晃晃悠悠的不真实的亮光,照着长长的阴森森的门厅里剥落的墙纸和磨光绽线的地毯。头顶上一盏蛛网状的枝形吊灯闪烁着微光,墙上歪歪斜斜地挂着一些因年深日久而发黑的肖像。哈利听见壁脚板后面有什么东西急匆匆跑过。枝形吊灯和旁边一张摇摇晃晃的桌子上的枝形烛台都做成了大蛇的形状。
随着一阵匆匆的脚步声,罗恩的母亲韦斯莱夫人从门厅另一端的一扇门里走了出来。她三步并作两步地朝他们走来,脸上洋溢着热情的笑容,不过哈利注意到,她比他上回见到她时消瘦和苍白了许多。
“哦,哈利,见到你真是太高兴了!”她低声说,一把将他搂到怀里,差点儿把他的肋骨都挤断了,然后又把他推开一点,仔仔细细地端详着他。“你看上去瘦了;你需要多吃点东西,不过恐怕你得等一会儿才能吃晚饭。”
她转向哈利身后的那伙巫师,口气急促地小声说:“他刚来,会议已经开始了。”
哈利身后的巫师们都发出了关注和兴奋的声音,开始从他身边朝韦斯莱夫人刚才出来的那扇门走去。哈利正要跟着卢平过去,韦斯莱夫人把他拉住了。
“不行,哈利,只有凤凰社的成员才能参加会议。罗恩和赫敏都在楼上呢,你可以跟他们一起等到会议结束,然后我们就去吃晚饭。在门厅里说话要压低声音。”她又用急迫的语气小声说。
'Why?'
'I don't want anything to wake up.'
'What d'you - ?'
'I'll explain later, I've got to hurry, I'm supposed to be at the meeting - I'll just show you where you're sleeping.'
Pressing her finger to her lips, she led him on tiptoe past a pair of long, moth-eaten curtains, behind which Harry supposed there must be another door, and after skirting a large umbrella stand that looked as though it had been made from a severed troll's leg they started up the dark staircase, passing a row of shrunken heads mounted on plaques on the wall. A closer look showed Harry that the heads belonged to house-elves. All of them had the same rather snout-like nose.
Harry's bewilderment deepened with every step he took. What on earth were they doing in a house that looked as though it belonged to the Darkest of wizards?
'Mrs Weasley, why -?'
'Ron and Hermione will explain everything, dear, I've really got to dash,' Mrs Weasley whispered distractedly. There - ' they had reached the second landing, ' - you're the door on the right. I'll call you when it's over.'
And she hurried off downstairs again.
Harry crossed the dingy landing, turned the bedroom doorknob, which was shaped like a serpent's head, and opened the door.
He caught a brief glimpse of a gloomy high-ceilinged, twin-bedded room; then there was a loud twittering noise, followed by an even louder shriek, and his vision was completely obscured by a large quantity of very bushy hair. Hermione had thrown herself on to him in a hug that nearly knocked him flat, while Ron's tiny owl, Pigwidgeon, zoomed excitedly round and round their heads.
'HARRY! Ron, he's here, Harry's here! We didn't hear you arrive! Oh, how are you? Are you all right? Have you been furious with us? I bet you have, I know our letters were useless - but we couldn't tell you anything, Dumbledore made us swear we wouldn't, oh, we've got so much to tell you, and you've got things to tell us - 'the Dementors! When we heard - and that Ministry hearing - it's just outrageous, I've looked it all up, they can't expel you, they just can't, there's provision in the Decree for the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery for the use of magic in life-threatening situations - '
“为什么?”
“我不想吵醒任何东西。”
“你说什——?”
“我待会儿再给你解释,现在我得赶紧过去了,我应该在会上的——我来告诉你睡在什么地方。”
她用一根手指压在嘴唇上,领着哈利蹑手蹑脚地走过两道长长的、布满虫眼的窗帘——哈利猜想那后面一定是另外一扇门,接着他们绕过一个看上去是用巨怪的一条断腿做成的大伞架,然后顺着黑暗的楼梯往上走,旁边墙上的饰板上聚着一排皱巴巴的脑袋。哈利仔细一看,发现那都是些家养小精灵的脑袋。他们都长着同样难看的大鼻子。
哈利每走一步,内心的困惑就更多一层。他们在这座看上去属于最邪恶的黑巫师的房子里做什么呢?“韦斯莱夫人,为什么——?”
“罗恩和赫敏会把一切给你解释清楚的,亲爱的,我真的得赶紧过去了,”韦斯莱夫人心烦意乱地小声说,“到了——”他们来到楼梯第二层平台,“——你在右边的第二个门。会开完了我来叫你们。”
说完,她就急匆匆地又下楼去了。
哈利走过昏暗的楼梯平台,转动了一下蛇头形状的卧室门把手,打开了门。
他只匆匆扫了一眼这个光线昏暗的房间,高高的天花板,并排放着的两张单人床,就听见一阵刺耳的吱吱叫声,既而是一声更尖厉的惊叫,接着他的视线就被一大堆毛茸茸、乱糟糟的头发完全挡住了。赫敏猛地扑到他身上,差点儿把他撞得仰面摔倒,罗恩的那只小猫头鹰小猪,兴奋地在他们头顶上一圈一圈飞个不停。
“哈利!罗恩,他来了,哈利来了!我们没听见你进来!哦,你怎么样?你一切都好吧?你是不是生我们的气了?肯定生气了。我知道我们的信都是没用的废话——但是我们什么也不能告诉你,邓布利多要我们发誓什么都不说的,哦,我们有太多事情要告诉你啊,你也有好多事情要告诉我们——摄魂怪!当我们听说——还有那个到魔法部受审的事儿——真是太不像话了。我仔细查过了,他们不能开除你,绝对不能,《对未成年巫师加以合理约束法》里规定在生命受到威胁的情况下可以使用魔法——”

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表