QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 3075|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 3(上)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-5-10 09:58:40 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
Mad-Eye Moody, who had long grizzled grey hair and a large chunk missing from his nose, was squinting suspiciously at Harry through his mismatched eyes. One eye was small, dark and beady, the other large, round and electric blue - the magical eye that could see through walls, doors and the back of Moody's own head.
'Are you quite sure it's him, Lupin?' he growled. 'I'I'd be a nice lookout if we bring back some Death Eater impersonating him. We ought to ask him something only the real Potter would know. Unless anyone brought any Veritaserum?'
'Harry, what form does your Patronus take?' Lupin asked.
'A stag,' said Harry nervously.
That's him, Mad-Eye,' said Lupin.
Very conscious of everybody still staring at him, Harry descended the stairs, stowing his wand in the back pocket of his jeans as he came.
'Don't put your wand there, boy!' roared Moody. 'What if it ignited? Better wizards than you have lost buttocks, you know!'
'Who d'you know who's lost a buttock?' the violet-haired woman asked Mad-Eye interestedly.
'Never you mind, you just keep your wand out of your back pocket!' growled Mad-Eye. 'Elementary wand-safety, nobody bothers about it any more.' He stumped off towards the kitchen. 'And I saw that,' he added irritably, as the woman rolled her eyes towards the ceiling.
Lupin held out his hand and shook Harry's.
疯眼汉穆迪留着一头长长的花白头发.鼻子上缺了一大块肉。此刻正眯起两只不对称的眼睛怀疑地盯着哈利。他的一只眼睛又小又黑,目光明亮,另一只眼睛则又大又圆,闪烁着电光般的蓝色——这只带魔法的眼睛能够看穿墙壁、房门和穆迪自己的后脑勺。
“你能保证这就是他吗,卢平?”他粗声大气地吼道,“如果我们带回去一个冒充他的食死徒,可就闹出大麻烦了。我们最好问他一点只有波特本人才会知道的事情。除非有人带着吐真剂?”
“哈利,你的守护神是什么样子的?”卢平问道。
“一只牡鹿。”哈利紧张地说。
“没错,就是他,疯眼汉。”卢平说。
这么多人直瞪瞪地盯着自己,哈利感到有紧张。他一边往楼下走,一边把魔杖插进牛仔裤后面的口袋里。
“别把魔杖插在那儿,孩子!”疯眼汉叫道,“如果它着起火来怎么办?你知道,比你厉害的巫师都把自己的屁股给烧掉过!”
“你知道淮把屁股给烧掉啦?”紫罗兰色头发的女人很感兴趣地问疯眼汉。
“不用你管,只是别把魔杖放在裤兜里就是了!”疯眼汉气冲冲地说,“这是基本的魔杖安全守则,现在谁也不理会它了。”他脚步重重地朝着厨房走去。“我算是看明白啦。”那女人冲天花板翻眼珠时,他恼怒地加了一句。
卢平伸出手来,跟哈利握手。
'How are you?' he asked, looking closely at Harry.
'F-fine . . .'
Harry could hardly believe this was real. Four weeks with nothing, not the tiniest hint of a plan to remove him from Privet Drive, and suddenly a whole bunch of wizards was standing matter-of-factly in the house as though this was a long-standing arrangement. He glanced at the people surrounding Lupin; they were still gazing avidly at him. He felt very conscious of the fact that he had riot combed his hair for four days.
'I'm - you're really lucky the Dursleys are out . . .' he mumbled.
'Lucky, ha!' said the violet-haired woman. 'It was me who lured them out of the way. Sent a letter by Muggle post telling them they'd been short-listed for the All-England Best Kept Suburban Lawn Competition. They're heading off to the prize-giving right now . . . or they think they are.'
Harry had a fleeting vision of Uncle Vernon's face when he realised there was no All-England Best Kept Suburban Lawn Competition.
'We are leaving, aren't we?' he asked. 'Soon?'
'Almost at once,' said Lupin, 'we're just waiting for the all-clear.'
'Where are we going? The Burrow?' Harry asked hopefully.
“你怎么样?”他问,一边仔细地打量着哈利。
“还——还好——”
哈利简直不敢相信这一切都是真的。四个星期毫无音讯,没有一点蛛丝马迹显示要将他从女贞路转移出去,可是突然之间,一大堆巫师一本正经地站在这个家里,就好像这是早就安排好的事情。他望望围在卢平身边的那些人,他们依然眼巴巴地盯着他。他想起自己已经四天没有梳头,不由得很不好意思起来。
“我——你们来得真巧,德思礼一家出去了——”他吞吞吐吐地说。
“真巧,哈!”紫罗兰色头发的女人说,“是我把他们引出去的,免得碍事儿。通过麻瓜邮局给他们寄了封信,说他们在全英格兰最佳近郊草坪大奖赛中入围了。他们现在正急着去领奖——或者自以为是去领奖呢。”
哈利眼前闪过当弗农姨父得知根本就没有什么全英格兰最佳近郊草坪大奖赛时,脸上的那副表情。
“我们要离开这里,是不是?”他问,“很快就走?”
“差不多立即动身,”卢平说,“我们在等平安无事的信号。”
“我们去哪儿呢?陋居吗?”哈利满怀希望地问。
'Not The Burrow, no,' said Lupin, motioning Harry towards the kitchen; the little knot of wizards followed, all still eyeing Harry curiously. Too risky. We've set up Headquarters somewhere un-detectable. It's taken a while . . .'
Mad-Eye Moody was now sitting at the kitchen table swigging from a hip flask, his magical eye spinning in all directions, taking in the Dursleys' many labour-saving appliances.
This is Alastor Moody, Harry,' Lupin continued, pointing towards Moody. 'Yeah, I know,' said Harry uncomfortably. It felt odd to be introduced to somebody he'd thought he'd known for a year.
'And this is Nymphadora - '
'Don't call me Nymphadora, Remus,' said the young witch with a shudder, 'it's Tonks.'
'Nymphadora Tonks, who prefers to be known by her surname only,' finished Lupin.
'So would you if your fool of a mother had called you Nymphadora,' muttered Tonks.
'And this is Kingsley Shacklebolt.' He indicated the tall black wizard, who bowed. 'Elphias Doge.' The wheezy-voiced wizard nodded.
'Dedalus Diggle - '
'We've met before,' squeaked the excitable Diggle, dropping his violet-coloured top hat.
'Emmeline Vance.' A stately-looking witch in an emerald green shawl inclined her head.
'Sturgis Podmore.' A square-jawed wizard with thick straw-coloured hair winked. 'And Hestia Jones.' A pink-cheeked, black-haired witch waved from next to the toaster.
“不去陋居,那里不行,”卢平说着示意哈利朝厨房走去。那一小伙巫师都跟在后面,仍然好奇地打量着哈利,“太冒险了。我们在一个别人发现不了的地方建了指挥部。花了一些时间——”疯眼汉穆迪已经坐在厨房的桌子边,大口大口地喝着弧形酒瓶里的酒,那只带魔法的眼睛滴溜溜乱转,把德思礼家那许多节省劳力的用具尽收眼底。“哈利,这是阿拉斯托穆迪。”卢平指着穆迪继续说。
“是啊,我知道。”哈利尴尬地说。一个自己以为认识了一年的人,又被别人介绍来重新认识,这感觉真是很奇怪。
“这位是尼法朵拉——”
“莱姆斯,别叫我尼法朵拉。”那个年轻女巫打了个冷战,说道,“是唐克斯。”
“尼法朵拉·唐克斯,更喜欢别人只称呼她的姓。”卢平把话说完。
“如果你的傻瓜妈妈管你叫尼法朵拉,你也会这样的。”唐克斯嘟囔道。
“这位是金斯莱·沙克尔,”他指的是那位高个子、黑皮肤巫师,那人欠了欠身。
“埃非亚多戈。”那个说话呼哧呼哧的巫师点了点头。
“德达洛·迪歌——”
“我们以前见过。”爱激动的迪歌尖声尖气地说,他那顶紫色高顶大礼帽掉了下来。
“爱米琳万斯。”一位披着深绿色披肩、端庄典雅的女巫微微点了点头。
“斯多吉·波德摩。”一个长着一头厚厚的稻草色头发的方下巴巫师眨了眨眼睛。
Harry inclined his head awkwardly at each of them as they were introduced. He wished they would look at something other than him; it was as though he had suddenly been ushered on-stage. He also wondered why so many of their, were there.
'A surprising number of people volunteered to come and get you,' said Lupin, as though he had read Harry's mind; the corners of his mouth twitched slightly.
'Yeah, well, the more the better,' said Moody darkly. 'We're your guard, Potter.'
'We're just waiting for the signal to tell us it's safe to set off,' said Lupin, glancing out of the kitchen window. 'We've got about fifteen minutes.'
'Very clean, aren't they, these Muggles?' said the witch called Tonks, who was looking around the kitchen with great interest. 'My dad's Muggle-born and he's a right old slob. I suppose it varies, just as it does with wizards?'
'Er - yeah,' said Harry. 'Look - ' he turned back to Lupin, 'what's going on, I haven't heard anything from anyone, what's Vol-?'
Several of the witches and wizards made odd hissing noises; Dedalus Diggle dropped his hat again and Moody growled, 'Shut up!'
'What?' said Harry.
'We're not discussing anything here, it's too risky,' said Moody, turning his normal eye on Harry. His magical eye remained focused on the ceiling. 'Damn it,' he added angrily, putting a hand up to the magical eye, 'it keeps getting stuck - ever since that scum wore it.'
“还有海丝佳琼斯。”一位头发乌黑、面颊粉嘟嘟的女巫从烤面包炉旁朝他们挥了挥手。
介绍到每个人时,哈利都笨拙地朝他们点头打招呼。他真希望他们能把目光投向别处,别老盯着他看。他感到自己好像突然被请到了舞台上。而且,他不明白他们为什么一下子来了这么多人。
“没想到那么多人主动提出要来接你。”卢平说,似乎读出了哈利的心思,两个嘴角微微动了动。
“是啊,是啊,越多越好。”穆迪闷闷不乐地说道,“我们是你的警卫,波特。”
“现在就等发信号来告诉我们一切平安我们就可以出发。”卢平说着朝厨房窗外望了望,“我们大概还有十五分钟。”
“弄得真干净啊,这些麻瓜,是不是?”那个姓唐克斯的女巫怀着极大的兴趣打量着厨房说道,“我爸爸也是麻瓜出身,他是个典型的邋遢鬼。我想麻瓜也是多种多样的,就像巫师一样。”
“嗯——是埃”哈利说。“对了——”他重新转向卢平,“发生了什么事情,谁也不给我一点儿消息,伏地——?”
几个巫师嘴里发出古怪的嘘嘘声,德达洛迪歌的帽子又掉了下来,穆迪低吼道:“闭嘴!”
“怎么啦?”哈利问。
“在这里什么也不能说,太危险了。”穆迪说,那只正常的眼睛转向哈利,而那只带魔法的眼睛还是一动不动地盯着天花板。“该死,”他恼火地说,举起一只手去掏魔眼,“老是卡住——自从那个卑鄙小人戴过以后就出毛病了。”
And with a nasty squelching sound much like a plunger being pulled from a sink, he popped out his eye.
'Mad-Eye, you do know that's disgusting, don't you?' said Tonks conversationally.
'Get me a glass of water, would you, Harry,' requested Moody.
Harry crossed to the dishwasher, took out a clean glass and filled it with water at the sink, still watched eagerly by the band of wizards. Their relentless staring was starting to annoy him.
'Cheers,' said Moody, when Harry handed him the glass. He dropped the magical eyeball into the water and prodded it up and down; the eye whizzed around, staring at them all in turn. 'I want three hundred and sixty degrees visibility on the return journey.'
'How're we getting - wherever we're going?' Harry asked.
'Brooms,' said Lupin. 'Only way. You're too young to Apparate, they'll be watching the Floo Network and it's more than our life's worth to set up an unauthorised Portkey.'
'Remus says you're a good flier,' said Kingsley Shacklebolt in his deep voice.
'He's excellent,' said Lupin, who was checking his watch. 'Anyway, you'd better go and get packed, Harry, we want to be ready to go when the signal comes.'
'I'll come and help you,' said Tonks brightly.
She followed Harry back into the hall and up the stairs, looking around with much curiosity and interest.
随着一阵刺耳的嘎吱嘎吱声,就像从洗涤池里抠出活塞一样,穆迪把那只魔眼掏了出来。
“疯眼汉,你这样做怪叫人恶心的,是不是?”
唐克斯亲切随和地说。“劳驾,给我一杯水,哈利。”穆迪要求道。
哈利走到洗碗机前,拿出一只干净杯子,在水池边接满了清水,而那帮巫师仍然眼巴巴地注视着他。他们这样毫不留情地盯着他看,他开始有点恼怒了。
“谢谢。”哈利把杯子递过去时穆迪说。他把那只魔眼丢进水里,用手捅得它一沉一福那只眼睛嗖嗖地转动着,挨个儿瞪着屋里的每个人。“在回去的路上,我希望我能有三百六十度的视野。”
“我们怎么去——我们要去的地方?”哈利问。
“骑扫帚,”卢平说,“只有这个办法。你年纪太小,还不能幻影移形,飞路网会遭到他们的监视,而如果起用一个未经批准的门钥匙,那要搭上我们的性命还不够呢。”
“莱姆斯说你飞得很出色。”金斯莱·沙克尔用低沉的声音说。
“他飞得棒极了,”卢平说,他不停地看着手表,“不管怎样,哈利,你最好去收拾一下东西,等信号一来,我们就要上路。”
“我去帮帮你吧。”唐克斯欢快地说。
她跟着哈利回到门厅,往楼上走去,一路兴趣盎然、充满好奇地东张西望。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表