QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 2623|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 2(下)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-4-26 10:26:23 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
'He must have sent them,' said Harry quietly, more to himself than to Uncle Vernon.
'What's that? Who must have sent them?'
'Lord Voldemort,' said Harry.
He registered dimly how strange it was that the Dursleys, who flinched, winced and squawked if they heard words like 'wizard', 'magic' or 'wand', could hear the name of the most evil wizard of all time without the slightest tremor.
'Lord - hang on,' said Uncle Vernon, his face screwed up, a look of dawning comprehension coming into his piggy eyes. 'I've heard that name . . . that was the one who - '
'Murdered my parents, yes,' Harry said dully.
'But he's gone,' said Uncle Vernon impatiently, without the slightest sign that the murder of Harry's parents might be a painful topic. That giant bloke said so. He's gone.'
'He's back,' said Harry heavily.
It felt very strange to be standing here in Aunt Petunia's surgically clean kitchen, beside the top'-of-the-range fridge and the wide-screen television, talking calmly of Lord Voldemort to Uncle Vernon. The arrival of the Dementors in Little Whinging seemed to have breached the great, invisible wall that divided the relentlessly non-magical world of Privet Drive and the world beyond.
Harry's two lives had somehow become fused and everything had been turned upside-down; the Dursleys were asking for details about the magical world, and Mrs Figg knew Albus Dumbledore; Dementors were soaring around Little Whinging, and he might never return to Hogwarts. Harry's head throbbed more painfully.
“一定是他派它们来的。”哈利轻声道,与其说他在对弗农姨父说话,还不如说是他在自言自语。
“什么意思?一定是淮派它们来的?”
“伏地魔。”哈利说。
他模模糊糊地意识到眼前的情景是多么奇怪:德思礼一家人听到“巫师”、“魔法”和“魔杖”这样的词都会吓得连连退缩,失声尖叫,而听到有史以来最邪恶的恶魔的名字,居然能没有一丝一毫的惊慌。
“伏——慢着,”弗农姨父说,他的脸皱成一团,猪眼似的小眼睛里慢慢露出恍然大悟的神情,“我听说过这个名字——他就是那个——”
“杀死我爸爸妈妈的人,没错。”哈利干巴巴地说。
“可是他走了,”弗农姨父不耐烦地说,丝毫没有显示出哈利父母被害是一个痛苦的话题,“那个大块头说的。他走了。”
“他又回来了。”哈利语气沉重地说。
他站在佩妮姨妈那像手术室一样整洁干净的厨房里,挨着最高档的冰箱和超宽屏幕电视机,心平气和地跟弗农姨父谈论伏地魔,这感觉真是非常怪异。今晚摄魂怪光临小惠金区,似乎打破了一堵挡在女贞路这个冷漠的非魔法世界和另一个世界之间的无形高墙。
哈利的两种不同的生活好像交融在了一起,一切都乱了套。德思礼夫妇在询问魔法世界的详细情况,费格太太居然认识阿不思·邓布利多,摄魂怪在小惠金区上空飘来荡去,而他恐怕再也不能回到霍格沃茨去了。哈利的脑袋一跳一跳地疼得厉害。
'Back?' whispered Aunt Petunia.
She was looking at Harry as she had never looked at him before. And all of a sudden, for the very first time in his life, Harry fully appreciated that Aunt Petunia was his mother's sister. He could not have said why this hit him so very powerfully at this moment. All he knew was that he was not the only person in the room who had an inkling of what Lord Voldemort being back might mean.
Aunt Petunia had never in her life looked at him like that before. Her large, pale eyes (so unlike her sisters) were not narrowed in dislike or anger, they were wide and fearful. The furious pretence that Aunt Petunia had maintained all Harry's life - that there was no magic and no world other than the world she inhabited with Uncle Vernon - seemed to have fallen away.
'Yes,' Harry said, talking directly to Aunt Petunia now. ;He came back a month ago. I saw him.'
Her hands found Dudley's massive leather-clad shoulders and clutched them.
'Hang on,' said Uncle Vernon, looking from his wife to Harry and back again, apparently dazed and confused by the unprecedented understanding that seemed to have sprung up between them. 'Hang on. This Lord Voldything's back, you say.'
'Yes.'
The one who murdered your parents.'
'Yes.'
“回来了?”佩妮姨妈压低声音问。
她望着哈利,那目光是以前从未有过的。突然之间,哈利有生以来第一次充分意识到佩妮姨妈是他妈妈的姐姐。他说不出来为什么此刻这样强烈地感受到了这一点。他只知道,这个屋子里不止他一个人模糊地意识到伏地魔的复出意味着什么。佩妮姨妈这辈子从未用这种目光看过他。她那双浅色的大眼睛(与她妹妹的眼睛如此不同)不再因厌恶和愤怒而眯起,而是睁得大大的,充满恐惧。哈利有生以来一直看着佩妮姨妈在很激烈地维护一种假相——魔法根本不存在,除了她和弗农姨父共同生活的这个世界,根本不存在另一个世界——而现在这种假相似乎消失了。
“是的,”哈利说,现在他直接对佩妮姨妈说话了,“他一个月前回来的。我看见过他。”
佩妮姨妈的手摸索着抓住达力那穿着皮夹克的肥阔肩膀,紧紧地抓着。
“慢着,”弗农姨父望望妻子,望望哈利,然后又望望妻子,似乎被他们之间突然出现的前所未有的相互理解弄糊涂了,“慢着。你是说,那个叫伏地魔的家伙回来了?”
“是的。”
“就是杀死你父母的那个人?”
“是的。”
'And now he's sending Dismembers after you?'
'Looks like it,' said Harry.
T see,' said Uncle Vernon, looking from his white-faced wife to Harry and hitching up his trousers. He seemed to be swelling, his
great purple face stretching before Harry's eyes. 'Well, that settles it,' he said, his shirt front straining as he inflated himself, 'you can get out of this house, boy!'
'What?' said Harry.
'You heard me - OUT!' Uncle Vernon bellowed, and even Aunt Petunia and Dudley jumped. 'OUT! OUT! I should've done this years ago! Owls treating the place like a rest home, puddings exploding, half the lounge destroyed, Dudley's tail, Marge bobbing around on the ceiling and that flying Ford Anglia - OUT! OUT! You've had it! You're history! You're not staying here if some loony's after you, you're not endangering my wife and son, you're not bringing trouble down on us. It you're going the same way as your useless parents, I've had it! OUT!'
Harry stood rooted to the spot. The letters from the Ministry, Mr Weasley and Sirius were all crushed in his left hand. Don't leave the house again, whatever you do. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR AUNT AND UNCLE'S HOUSE.
“现在他派摄魂怪来追杀你?”
“看来是这样。”哈利说。
“我明白了。”弗农姨父说,目光从面色苍白的妻子脸上转向哈利,然后把裤子往上拉了拉。他整个人似乎正在膨胀,那张紫红色的大脸膛在哈利眼前拉长了。
“好了,这下子全解决了,”他吸足了气,衬衫的前胸绷得紧紧的,“你可以从这个家中滚出去了,小子!”
“什么?”哈利问。
“我说过了——出去!”弗农姨父吼道,就连佩妮姨妈和达力也吓得跳了起来。“出去!出去!我好多年前就应该这么做了!猫头鹰把这里当成了疗养所,布丁炸开了花,半个起居室被糟蹋得不成样子,达力长出了尾巴,玛姬在天花板上飘来飘去,还有那辆会飞的福特安格里亚车——出去!出去!你玩够了!你该退出了!如果有疯子正在追杀你,你就不能留在这里,不能威胁到我的妻子和儿子,不能给我们带来麻烦。如果你要跟你那没用的父母走同一条路,我受够了!出去!”
哈利站在原地,脚底像生了根。魔法部、韦斯莱先生和小天狼星的来信都捏在他的左手里。无论如何,你千万别再离开那所房子。不要离开你姨妈和姨父的家。
'You heard me!' said Uncle Vernon, bending forwards now, his massive purple face coming so close to Harry's, he actually felt flecks of spit hit his face. 'Get going! You were all keen to leave half an hour ago! I'm right behind you! Get out and never darken our doorstep again! Why we ever kept you in the first place, I don't know, Marge was right, it should have been the orphanage. We were too damn soft for our own good, thought we could squash it out of you, thought we could turn you normal, but you've been rotten from the beginning and I've had enough - owls!'
The fifth owl zoomed down the chimney so fast it actually hit the floor before zooming into the air again with a loud screech. Harry raised his hand to seize the letter, which was in a scarlet envelope, but it soared straight over his head, flying directly at Aunt Petunia, who let out a scream and ducked, her arms over her face. The owl dropped the red envelope on her head, turned, and flew straight back up the chimney.
Harry darted forwards to pick up the letter, but Aunt Petunia beat him to it.
“你听见我的话了!”弗农姨父这时向前探过身子,那张紫红色的大阔脸凑近了哈利的脸,哈利都能感觉到他的唾沫星子喷到了自己脸上。“快走!你半小时前不是急着要离开吗?我支持你!滚出去,永远不要再玷污我们家的门槛!我真不明白当初我们怎么会把你留下?玛姬说得对,应该把你送到孤儿院去。我们心肠太软了,到头来自己倒霉,我们以为能铲除你身上的孽根,以为能把你变成一个正常人,没想到你从一开始就不可救药,我受够了——猫头鹰!”
第五只猫头鹰嗖的一声从烟囱里蹿了下来,因速度太快,一头撞在地上,它尖厉地叫了一声,又忽地腾空飞起。哈利举起一只手去抓那个鲜红色的信封,可猫头鹰掠过他的头顶,径直朝佩妮姨妈飞去。佩妮姨妈尖叫一声,抬起两只胳膊护住脸,闪身躲避。猫头鹰把红信封扔在她头上,转身又从烟囱里飞了出去。
哈利冲过去捡那封信,但佩妮姨妈抢先把信拿在了手里。
'You can open it if you like,' said Harry, 'but I'll hear what it says anyway. That's a Howler.'
'Let go of it, Petunia!' roared Uncle Vernon. 'Don't touch it, it could be dangerous!'
'It's addressed to me,' said Aunt Petunia in a shaking voice. 'It's addressed to me, Vernon, look! Mrs Petunia Dursley, The Kitchen, Number Four, Privet Drive - '
She caught her breath, horrified. The red envelope had begun to smoke.
'Open it!' Harry urged her. 'Get it over with! It'll happen anyway.'
'No.'
Aunt Petunia's hand was trembling. She looked wildly around the kitchen as though looking for an escape route, but too late - the envelope burst into flames. Aunt Petunia screamed and dropped it.
An awful voice filled the kitchen, echoing in the confined space, issuing from the burning letter on the table.
'Remember my last, Petunia.'
“如果你愿意,你可以打开,”哈利说,“反正我能听见里面说些什么。这是一封吼叫信。”
“扔掉它,佩妮!”弗农姨父大声吼道,“别碰它,可能会有危险的!”
“信是写给我的,”佩妮姨妈声音颤抖地说道,“写着我的名字,弗农,你看!女贞路四号,厨房,佩妮德思礼夫人——”她喘不过气来,完全吓坏了。
这时红信封开始冒烟了。
“快打开!”哈利催促道,“让它快点结束!你逃不过去的。”
“不。”
佩妮姨妈的手在颤抖着。她惊慌失措地环顾着厨房,似乎在寻找一条逃生之路,可是来不及了——信封蹿出了火苗。佩妮姨妈失声尖叫,扔掉了信封。一个可怕的声音从落在桌上的那封燃烧的信里传了出来,充满了整个厨房,在有限的空间里回荡着。
记住我最后的,佩妮。
Aunt Petunia looked as though she might faint. She sank into the chair beside Dudley, her face in her hands. The remains of the envelope smouldered into ash in the silence.
'What is this?' Uncle Vernon said hoarsely. 'What - I don't - 'Petunia?'
Aunt Petunia said nothing. Dudley was staring stupidly at his mother, his mouth hanging open. The silence spiralled horribly. Harry was watching his aunt, utterly bewildered, his head throbbing fit to burst.
'Petunia, dear?' said Uncle Vernon timidly. 'P-Petunia?'
She raised her head. She was still trembling. She swallowed.
'The boy - the boy will have to stay, Vernon,' she said weakly.
'W-what?'
'He stays,' she said. She was not looking at Harry. She got to her feet again.
'He . . . but Petunia . . .'
'If we throw him out, the neighbours will talk,' she said. She was rapidly regaining her usual brisk, snappish manner, though she was still very pale. 'They'll ask awkward questions, they'll want to know where he's gone. We'll have to keep him.'
佩妮姨妈看上去似乎要晕倒了。她跌坐在达力旁边的椅子上,用两只手捂着脸。信封剩下来的残片在寂静中化成了灰烬。
“这是什么?”弗农姨父声音嘶哑地说,“什么——我不明——佩妮?”
佩妮姨妈什么也投说。达力呆呆地瞪着他母亲,嘴巴张得大大的。寂静在可怕地升级。哈利无比惊愕地望着姨妈,脑袋疼得像要裂开一般。
“佩妮,亲爱的?”弗农姨父怯生生地问,“佩——佩妮?”
佩妮姨妈抬起头。她仍然抖个不停,费力地咽了口唾沫。
“那孩子——那孩子必须留在这里,弗农。”她有气无力地说。
“什——什么?”
“他留在这里。”她说,但眼睛没有望着哈利。她重新站了起来。
“他——可是佩妮——”
“如果我们把他赶出去,邻居们会说闲话的。”她说。她很快恢复了平日里那种精干、严厉的傲派,尽管脸色仍然十分苍白,“他们会问一些令人尴尬的问题,他们会打听他上哪儿去了。我们必须把他留下。”
Uncle Vernon was deflating like an old tyre.
'But Petunia, dear - '
Aunt Petunia ignored him. She turned to Harry.
'You're to stay in your room,' she said. 'You're not to leave the house. Now get to bed.'
Harry didn't move.
'Who was that Howler from?'
'Don't ask questions,' Aunt Petunia snapped.
'Are you in touch with wizards?'
'I told you to get to bed!'
'What did it mean? Remember the last what?'
'Go to bed!'
'How come - ?'
'YOU HEARD YOUR AUNT, NOW GO UP TO BED!'
弗农姨父像只旧轮胎一样泄了气。“可是佩妮。亲爱的——”
佩妮姨妈没有理睬他,而是转向了哈利。“你必须待在自己的房间里,”她说,“不许离开这所房子。现在上床去吧。”
哈利没有动弹,“那封吼叫信是谁寄来的?”
“别问东问西了。”佩妮姨妈厉声呵斥道。
“你跟巫师有联系?”
“我叫你上床去!”
“那句话是什么意思?记住最后的什么?”
“上床去!”
“怎么会——?”
“听见你姨妈的话了吗!快上床去!”

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表