QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 2873|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 2(上)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-4-14 09:15:54 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
'How come you fell over, son?' said Uncle Vernon, in an unnaturally quiet voice, the kind of voice he might adopt at the Bedside of a very ill person.
'T-tripped,' said Dudley shakily. 'And then - '
He gestured at his massive chest. Harry understood. Dudley was remembering the clammy cold that filled the lungs as hope and happiness were sucked out of you.
'Horrible,' croaked Dudley. 'Cold. Really cold.'
'OK,' said Uncle Vernon, in a voice of forced calm, while Aunt Petunia laid an anxious hand on Dudley's forehead to feel his temperature. 'What happened then, Dudders?'
'Felt . . . felt . . . felt . . . as if . . . as if . . .'
'As if you'd never be happy again,' Harry supplied dully.
'Yes,' Dudley whispered, still trembling.
'So!' said Uncle Vernon, voice restored to full and considerable volume as he straightened up. 'You put some crackpot spell on my on so he'd hear voices and believe he was - was doomed to misery, or something, did you?'
“你是怎么摔倒的,儿子?”弗农姨父问道,用的是一种很不自然的轻声细语,就像在一个病入膏肓的病人床边说话。
“绊——绊了一跤,”达力发着抖说道,“后来——”他指了指他肥阔的胸脯。
哈利明白了。达力想起了他的希望和快乐被吸取时灌满他肺部的那股阴森森的寒气。
“可怕,”达力声音嘶哑地说,“冷。冷极了。”
“好吧,”弗农姨父说,尽量使声音显得平静,“接下来发生了什么事,达力?”佩妮姨妈焦急地把手放在达力的额头上,试试他发不发烧。
“觉得——觉得——觉得——好像——好像——”
“好像你再也不会感到快乐了。”哈利干巴巴地替他说道。
“就是这样!”达力小声说,仍然抖个不停。
“知道了!”弗农姨父直起身,重新扯开了嗓子,声音震耳欲聋,“你给我儿子念了一个古怪的咒语,害得他听见自己脑子里有人说话,还以为自己——自己一辈子也快活不起来了,是不是?”
'How many times do I have to tell you?' said Harry, temper and voice both rising. 'It wasn't me! It was a couple of Dementors!'
'A couple of - what's this codswallop?'
'De - men - tors,' said Harry slowly and clearly. Two of them.'
'And what the ruddy hell are Dementors?'
'They guard the wizard prison, Azkaban,' said Aunt Petunia.
Two seconds of ringing silence followed these words before Aunt Petunia clapped her hand over her mouth as though she had let slip a disgusting swear word. Uncle Vernon was goggling at her. Harry's brain reeled. Mrs Figg was one thing - but Aunt Petunia?
'How d'you know that?' he asked her, astonished.
Aunt Petunia looked quite appalled with herself. She glanced at Uncle Vernon in fearful apology, then lowered her hand slightly to reveal her horsy teeth.
'I heard - that awful boy - telling her about them - years ago,' she said jerkily.
'If you mean my mum and dad, why don't you use their names?' said Harry loudly but Aunt Petunia ignored him. She seemed horribly flustered.
“我还要告诉你们多少遍?”哈利说道,他的声音和火气同时上升,“不是我。是两个摄魂怪!”
“两个——什么乱七八糟的玩意儿?”
“摄-魂-怪,”哈利慢慢地一字一句地说,“两个。”
“这摄魂怪又是什么古怪玩意儿?”
“他们看守阿兹卡班巫师监狱。”佩妮姨妈说。
话一出口,是两秒钟的死寂,然后佩妮姨妈猛地用手捂住嘴巴,似乎刚才一不小心说了一句令人恶心的脏话。弗农姨父瞪大眼睛看着她。哈利的脑子里一片混乱。费格太太倒也罢了——可是佩妮姨妈——
“你怎么知道?”他惊讶极了,问道。
佩妮姨妈似乎被自己吓坏了。她战战兢兢带着歉意地看了一眼弗农姨父,手微微下垂,露出嘴里的长牙。
“好多年前——我听见——那个可怕的男孩——对她说起过他们。”她断断续续地说。
“如果你是指我的妈妈和爸爸,你为什么不说他们的名字呢?”哈利大声问道,但佩妮姨妈没有理睬他。她似乎惊慌失措到了极点。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表