QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 2750|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 2(上)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-4-6 09:42:16 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
' 'S'up, Figgy?' he said, staring from Mrs Figg to Harry and Dudley. 'What 'appened to staying undercover?'
'I'll give you undercover!' cried Mrs Figg. 'Dementors, you useless, skiving sneak thief!'
'Dementors?' repeated Mundungus, aghast. 'Dementors, 'ere?'
'Yes, here, you worthless pile of bat droppings, here!' shrieked Mrs Figg. 'Dementors attacking the boy on your watch!'
'Blimey,' said Mundungus weakly, looking from Mrs Figg to Harry, and back again. 'Blimey, I - '
'And you off buying stolen cauldrons! Didn't I tell you not to go? Didn't I?'
'I - well, I -' Mundungus looked deeply uncomfortable. 'It - it was a very good business opportunity see - '
Mrs Figg raised the arm from which her string bag dangled and whacked Mundungus around the lace and neck with it; judging by the clanking noise it made it was full of cat food.
'Ouch - gerroff - gerroff, you mad old bat! Someone's gotta tell Dumbledore!'
'Yes - they - have!' yelled Mrs Figg, swinging the bag of cat food at every bit of Mundungus she could reach. 'And - it - had - better - be - you - and - you - can - tell - him - why - you - weren't - there - to - help!'
'Keep your 'airnet on!' said Mundungus, his arms over his head, cowering. 'I'm going, I'm going!'
And with another loud crack, he vanished.
“出什么事了,费格?”他问道,眼睛望望费格太太,望望哈利,又望望达力,“不是说不暴露身份的吗?”
“去你的不暴露身份!”费格太太嚷道,“摄魂怪,你这个逃避责任的没用的大骗子!”
“摄魂怪?”蒙顿格斯重复了一句,吓坏了,“摄魂怪,在这儿?”
“没错,就在这儿,你这堆一无是处的臭大粪,就在这儿!”费格太太尖声嚷道,“摄魂怪袭击了你负责监护的孩子!”
“天哪——”蒙顿格斯轻声叫道,看看费格太太,看看哈利,又看看费格太太,“天哪,我——”
“你去买那些偷来的坩埚了!我不是叫你别去的吗?是不是?”
“我——唉,我——”蒙顿格斯显得心烦意乱,“这——这笔生意可是机会难得啊,你看——”
费格太太举起拎着网袋的胳膊,用网袋使劲抽打蒙顿格斯的脸和脖子。从丁丁当当的声音来推测,网袋里肯定装满了猫食。
“哎哟——够了——够了,你这只发疯的老蝙蝠!可得派人去告诉邓布利多呀!”
“是的——他们——去了!”费格太太一边嚷,一边把那袋猫食没头没脑地砸向蒙顿格斯。“最好——你自己去——你可以——告诉他——你为什么——没在这里——解围!”
“把你的发网戴好了!”蒙顿格斯用胳膊护住脑袋,往后退缩着说,“我这就去,我这就去!”
啪,又是一声刺耳的爆响,他消失了。
'I hope Dumbledore murders him!' said Mrs Figg furiously. 'Now come on, Harry, what are you waiting for?'
Harry decided not to waste his remaining breath on pointing out that he could barely walk under Dudley's bulk. He gave the semi-conscious Dudley a heave and staggered onwards.
'I'll take you to the door,' said Mrs Figg, as they turned into Privet Drive. 'Just in case there are more of them around . . . oh my word, what a catastrophe . . . and you had to fight them off yourself . . . and Dumbledore said we were to keep you from doing magic at all costs . . . well, it's no good crying over spilt potion, I suppose . . . but the cat's among the pixies now.'
'So,' Harry panted, 'Dumbledore's . . . been having . . . me followed?'
'Of course he has,' said Mrs Figg impatiently. 'Did you expect him to let you wander around on your own after what happened in June? Good Lord, boy, they told me you were intelligent . . . right . . . get inside and stay there,' she said, as they reached number four. 'I expect someone will be in touch with you soon enough.'
'What are you going to do?' asked Harry quickly.
'I'm going straight home,' said Mrs Figg, staring around the dark street and shuddering. 'I'll need to wait for more instructions. Just stay in the house. Goodnight.'
'Hang on, don't go yet! I want to know - '
But Mrs Figg had already set off at a trot, carpet slippers flopping, string bag clanking.
“真希望邓布利多取了他的小命!”费格太太气呼呼地说道,“好了,快走吧,哈利,你还等什么呀?”
哈利已经累得气都喘不匀了,心想还是不要浪费口舌去向费格太太解释说达力压得他几乎走不动路了吧。他使劲拉了一下半昏半醒的达力,继续踉踉跄跄地往前走。
“我送你们到门口,”他们拐进女贞路时,费格太太说,“以防附近还有摄魂怪——哎呀呀,真是一场大祸啊——你不得不独自把他们赶跑——而邓布利多说我们要不惜一切代价阻止你使用魔法——唉,得啦,药水已经洒了,哭也没有用——不过那只猫这会儿已经到了小精灵那儿了。”
“这么说,”哈利喘着气说,“邓布利多——一直在——派人跟踪我?”
“当然是这样,”费格太太不耐烦地说,“六月份发生了那件事之后,你难道还指望他让你一个人四处乱逛?孩子,他们告诉我说你很聪明——好了——进去吧,待着别出来。”这时他们已经到了四号门前。“我想很快就会有人跟你联系的。”
“你准备做什么?”哈利赶紧问道。
“我直接回家,”费格太太说着,朝漆黑的街道张望了一下,打了个冷战,“我需要等候新的指令。待在家里别出来。晚安。”
“等等,先别走!我还想知道——”
但是费格太太已经一溜小跑走远了,厚拖鞋啪嗒啪嗒,网袋丁丁当当。
'Wait!' Harry shouted after her. He had a million questions to ask anyone who was in contact with Dumbledore; but within seconds Mrs Figg was swallowed by the darkness. Scowling, Harry readjusted Dudley on his shoulder and made his slow, painful way up number four's garden path.
The hall light was on. Harry stuck his wand back inside the waistband of his jeans, rang the bell and watched Aunt Petunia's outline grow larger and larger, oddly distorted by the rippling glass in the front door.
'Diddy! About time too, I was getting quite - quite - Diddy, what's the matter?'
Harry looked sideways at Dudley and ducked out from under his arm just in time. Dudley swayed on the spot for a moment, his face pale green . . . then he opened his mouth and vomited all over the doormat.
'DIDDY! Diddy, what's the matter with you? Vernon? VERNON!'
Harry's uncle came galumphing out of the living room, walrus moustache blowing hither and thither as it always did when he was agitated. He hurried forwards to help Aunt Petunia negotiate a weak-kneed Dudley over the threshold while avoiding stepping in the pool of sick.
'He's ill, Vernon!'
'What is it, son? What's happened7 Did Mrs Polkiss give you something foreign for tea?'
'Why are you all covered in dirt, darling? Have you been lying on the ground?'
'Hang on - you haven't been mugged, have you, son?'
Aunt Petunia screamed.
“等一下!”哈利对着她的背影喊道。他心里有数不清的问题要问任何一个与邓布利多有联系的人,但是一眨眼的工夫,费格太太的身影就被黑暗吞没了。哈利紧锁着眉头,重新调整了一下瘫在他肩膀上的达力,拖着沉重的脚步,慢慢走上女贞路四号的花园小径。
客厅里亮着灯。哈利把魔杖重新插进牛仔裤的腰带,摁响了门铃。佩妮姨妈的身影越来越大,被前门上起着波纹的玻璃折射得奇形怪状。
“达达!回来得正是时候,我正感到非常——非常——达达,怎么回事?”
哈利侧脸望着达力,及时地从他胳膊下脱出身来。达力原地摇晃了一会儿,脸色发青——然后他张开大嘴,哇的一口,全吐在门垫子上了。
“达达,达达,你怎么啦?弗农?弗农!”
哈利的姨父拖着笨重的身体从起居室赶来,他的海象胡子乱七八糟地飘了起来,每当他激动不安时总是这样。他三步两步赶上来,和佩妮姨妈一起搀扶着膝盖发软的达力跨过门槛,同时小心别踩着达力吐出来的那堆脏东西。
“他病了,弗农!”
“怎么回事,儿子?出了什么事?波奇斯太太在茶点上给你吃什么不合适的东西了?”
“你怎么身上都是土,亲爱的?你一直躺在地上吗?”
“慢着——你没有挨打吧,儿子,嗯?”
佩妮姨妈尖叫起来。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表