只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 2892|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 2(上)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-3-30 09:21:37 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
'What?' said Harry blankly.
'He left!' said Mrs Figg, wringing her hands. 'Left to see someone about a batch of cauldrons that fell off the back of a broom! I told him I'd flay him alive if he went, and now look! Dementors! It's just lucky I put Mr Tibbles on the case! But we haven't got time to stand around! Hurry, now, we've got to get you back! Oh, the trouble this is going to cause! I will kill him!'
'But - ' The revelation that his batty old cat-obsessed neighbour knew what Dementors were was almost as big a shock to Harry as meeting two of them down the alleyway. 'You're - you're a witch?'
'I'm a Squib, as Mundungus knows full well, so how on earth was I supposed to help you fight off Dementors? He left you completely without cover when I'd warned him - '
This Mundungus has been following me? Hang on - it was him! He Disapparated from the front of my house!'
'Yes, yes, yes, but luckily I'd stationed Mr Tibbles under a car just in case, and Mr Tibbles came and warned me, but by the time I got to your house you'd gone - and now - oh, what's Dumbledore going to say? You!' she shrieked at Dudley, still supine on the alley floor. 'Get your fat bottom off the ground, quick!'
'You know Dumbledore?' said Harry, staring at her.
'Of course I know Dumbledore, who doesn't know Dumbledore? But come on - I'll be no help if they come back, I've never so much as Transfigured a teabag.'
“什么?”哈利迷惑地问。
“他去了!”费格太太绞着自己的两只手说,“去见一个人,去谈一批从飞天扫帚上掉下来的坩埚!我对他说,如果他敢去,我就活剥他的皮,结果你看看现在!摄魂怪!幸亏我叫踢踢给我通风报信!哎呀,我们没有时间在这里闲站着了!哈利,我们得赶紧把你送回去!哦,这会惹来多大的麻烦啊!我非宰了他不可!”
“可是——”哈利突然得知这位脾气古怪、喜欢养猫的老邻居居然知道摄魂怪,这份惊讶不亚于他刚才在小巷里碰见两个摄魂怪。“你——你是个巫师?”
“我是个哑炮,蒙顿格斯什么都知道,所以我怎么可能帮你赶跑摄魂怪呢?他自个儿跑了,留下你毫无掩护,我还提醒过他——”
“这个蒙顿格斯一直在跟踪我?慢着——原来是他!他在我家门口幻影移形了!”
“是啊,是啊,是啊,幸亏我安排踢踢躲在一辆汽车下面以防万一,踢踢跑过来告诉了我,可是等我赶到你家时你已经走了——结果现在——哦,邓布利多会怎么说呢?你!”她尖着嗓子冲着仍然躺在小巷里的达力嚷道,“把你的肥屁股从地上抬起来,快点!”
“你认识邓布利多?”哈利吃惊地瞪着她问道。
“我当然认识邓布利多,谁不认识邓布利多呢?可是快点吧——如果他们再回来,我可帮不上什么忙。我没有多少本事,连给一只茶叶包变形都不会。”
She stooped down, seized one of Dudley's massive arms in her wizened hands and tugged.
'Get up, you useless lump, get up!'
But Dudley either could not or would not move. He remained on the ground, trembling and ashen-faced, his mouth shut very tight.
'I'll do it.' Harry took hold of Dudley's arm and heaved. With an enormous effort he managed to hoist him to his feet. Dudley seemed to be on the point of fainting. His small eyes were rolling in their sockets and sweat was beading his face; the moment Harry let go of him he swayed dangerously.
'Hurry up!' said Mrs Figg hysterically.
Harry pulled one of Dudley's massive arms around his own shoulders and dragged him towards the road, sagging slightly under the weight. Mrs Figg tottered along in front of them, peering anxiously around the corner.
'Keep your wand out,' she told Harry, as they entered Wisteria Walk. 'Never mind the Statute of Secrecy now, there's going to be hell to pay anyway, we might as well be hanged for a dragon as an egg. Talk about the Reasonable Restriction of Underage Sorcery . . . this was exactly what Dumbledore was afraid of - What's that at the end of the street? Oh, it's just Mr Prentice . . . don't put your wand away, boy, don't I keep telling you I'm no use?'
她弯下腰,用皱巴巴的手抓住达力一只肥粗的胳膊使劲拉着。
“站起来,你这个没用的傻大个儿。快站起来!”
可是达力不知是动不了还是压根儿就不愿意动弹,他还是躺在地上,浑身发抖,脸如死灰,嘴巴闭得紧紧的。
“我来吧。”哈利抓住达力的胳膊用力拽着。他费了九牛二虎之力,总算把达力拖得站了起来。达力似乎随时都会昏倒,他的小眼睛在眼窝里转来转去,脸上沁出粒粒汗珠。哈利刚松开手,他就摇晃起来,好像要摔倒的样子。
“快走!”费格太太心急火燎地说。
哈利抓起达力一只粗大无比的胳膊,搭在自己的肩膀上,拖着他往前走去。达力的重量把他压得连腰都直不起来了。费格太太跌跌撞撞地走在他们前面,警惕地注视着拐角里的动静。
“把你的魔杖拿在外面,”他们走进紫藤路时,她对哈利说,“现在别管什么《保密法》啦,反正是免不了受罚,为一条龙是一死,为一个蛋也是一死。说到《对未成年巫师加以合理约束法》——这正是邓布利多一直担心的——路口那儿是什么?噢,是普伦提斯先生——别把魔杖收起来,孩子,我不是一直跟你说吗,我是不管用的!”
It was not easy to hold a wand steady and haul Dudley along at the same time. Harry gave his cousin an impatient dig in the ribs, but Dudley seemed to have lost all desire for independent movement. He was slumped on Harry's shoulder, his large feet dragging along the ground.
'Why didn't you tell me you're a Squib, Mrs Figg?' asked Harry, panting with the effort to keep walking. 'All those times I came round your house - why didn't you say anything?'
'Dumbledore's orders. I was to keep an eye on you but not say anything, you were too young. I'm sorry I gave you such a miserable time, Harry, but the Dursleys would never have let you come if they'd thought you enjoyed it. It wasn't easy, you know . . . but oh my word,' she said tragically, wringing her hands once more, 'when Dumbledore hears about this - how could Mundungus have left, he was supposed to be on duty until midnight - where is he? How am I going to tell Dumbledore what's happened? I can't Apparate.'
'I've got an owl, you can borrow her.' Harry groaned, wondering whether his spine was going to snap under Dudley's weight.
'Harry, you don't understand! Dumbledore will need to act as quickly as possible, the Ministry have their own ways of detecting underage magic, they'll know already, you mark my words.'
'But I was getting rid of Dementors, I had to use magic - they're going to be more worried about what Dementors were doing floating around Wisteria Walk, surely?'
'Oh, my dear, I wish it were so, but I'm afraid - MUNDUNGUS FLETCHER, I AM GOING TO KILL YOU!'
There was a loud crack and a strong smell of drink mingled with stale tobacco filled the air as a squat, unshaven man in a tattered overcoat materialised right in front of them. He had short, bandy legs, long straggly ginger hair and bloodshot, baggy eyes that gave him the doleful look of a basset hound. He was also clutching a silvery bundle that Harry recognised at once as an Invisibility Cloak.
既要稳稳地举着魔杖,同时又要拖着达力往前走,这真不是一件容易的事。哈利不耐烦地捅了捅表哥的肋骨,可是达力似乎完全丧失了自己行动的愿望。他瘫倒在哈利的肩膀上,两只大脚拖在地上。
“你以前为什么没有告诉我你是个哑炮,费格太太?”哈利问道,他不敢停脚,累得气喘吁吁。“我那么多次到你家去——你为什么一字不提呢?”
“邓布利多吩咐的,要我留心照看你,但什么也不能说,你当时还太小呢。对不起,我那时弄得你很不开心,哈利,但如果德思礼家的人觉得你喜欢上我家来,他们就再也不会让你来了。这挺不容易的,你知道——可是,哎呀,”她悲痛地说,又一次把双手紧紧地绞在一起,“如果邓布利多听说了这件事——蒙顿格斯怎么能离开呢,他应该值班到午夜的——他去了哪儿?我怎么去向邓布利多汇报这件事呢?我不会幻影显形。”
“我有一只猫头鹰,可以借给你。”哈利嘴里直哼哼,怀疑他的脊椎骨都要被达力压断了。
“哈利,你不明白!邓布利多需要尽快采取行动,因为魔法部自己有一套办法侦察未成年人使用魔法的情况,他们恐怕已经知道了,信不信由你。”
“但我要摆脱摄魂怪呀,我不得不使用魔法——他们肯定更关心为什么摄魂怪总是在紫藤路飘来飘去,是不是?”
“哦,我亲爱的,我也巴不得是这样呢,但我担心——蒙顿格斯弗莱奇,我要宰了你!”
啪,随着一声刺耳的爆响,空气里升起一股烟酒混合的强烈臭味,一个胡子拉碴、身穿一件破烂外套的矮胖子突然出现在他们面前。两条短短的罗圈腿,一头又长又乱的姜黄色头发,一双肿胀充血的眼睛,使得他看上去像一只短腿猎狗那样愁苦。他手里还抓着一包银色的东西,哈利一眼认出那是一件隐形衣。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表