雄州网-简阳人的网上社区

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 3278|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 1 (下)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-3-16 09:01:38 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
'. . . squealed like a pig, didn't he?' Malcolm was saying, to guffaws from the others.
'Nice right hook, Big D,' said Piers.
'Same time tomorrow?' said Dudley.
'Round at my place, my parents will be out,' said Gordon.
'See you then,' said Dudley.
'Bye, Dud!'
'See ya, Big D!'
Harry waited for the rest of the gang to move on before setting off again. When their voices had faded once more he headed around the corner into Magnolia Crescent and by walking very quickly he soon came within hailing distance of Dudley, who was strolling along at his ease, humming tunelessly.
'Hey, Big D!'
Dudley turned.
“——他像猪一样嗷嗷叫唤,是吧?”莫肯说,其他人发出粗野的笑声。
“漂亮的右钩拳,D哥。”皮尔说。
“明天还是那个时候?”达力问。
“在我家外面,我爸妈明天出去。”戈登说。
“到时候见。”达力说。
“回见,达!”
“再见,D哥!”
哈利等其他人都走开了才从树下走了出来。那些人的声音又一次远去了,他拐过街角,走上了木兰花新月街。他走得很快,很快就跟上达力能招呼他了。达力悠闲自在地迈着步子,嘴里哼着不成调儿的小曲儿。
“喂,D哥!”
达力转过身来。
'Oh,' he grunted. 'It's you.'
'How long have you been "Big D" then?' said Harry.
'Shut it,' snarled Dudley, turning away.
'Cool name,' said Harry, grinning and falling into step beside is cousin. 'But you'll always be "Ickle Diddykins" to me.'
'I said, SHUT IT!' said Dudley, whose ham-like hands had curled into fists.
'Don't the boys know that's what your mum calls you?'
'Shut your face.'
'You don't tell her to shut her face. What about "Popkin" and "Dinky Diddydums", can I use them then?'
Dudley said nothing. The effort of keeping himself from hitting Harry seemed to demand all his self-control.
'So who've you been beating up tonight?' Harry asked, his grin fading. 'Another ten-year-old? I know you did Mark Evans two nights ago - '
'He was asking for it,' snarled Dudley.
'Oh yeah?'
'He cheeked me.'
'Yeah? Did he say you look like a pig that's been taught to walk on its hind legs? 'Cause that's not cheek, Dud, that's true.'
“噢,”他嘟哝道,“是你埃”
“你什么时候成‘D哥’了?”哈利问道。
“闭嘴!”达力恶狠狠地吼道,转过身去。
“这名字蛮酷的,”哈利说,他咧嘴笑着,跟他的表哥齐步往前走,“但在我看来,你永远都是‘达达小宝贝’。”
“我叫你闭嘴!”达力说,两只火腿般粗胖的手捏成了拳头。
“那些男孩不知道你妈妈叫你什么吗?”
“住口!”
“你可没有叫她住口埃‘宝贝蛋儿’和‘达达小心肝’,我能用这些名字叫你吗?”
达力没有说话。他在拼命克制自己,不去动手揍哈利,这似乎需要他所有的自制力。
“你今天晚上把谁打了一顿?”哈利问道,脸上的笑容隐去了,“又是个十岁大的男孩?我知道你两天前的晚上打了马克伊万斯??”
“他自找的。”达力没好气地说。
“哦,是吗?”
“他侮辱我。”
“是吗?他是不是说你像一头用两条腿走路的猪?嘿,那不是侮辱,达达,那是事实呀。”
A muscle was twitching in Dudley's jaw. It gave Harry enormous satisfaction to know how furious he was making Dudley; he felt as though he was siphoning off his own frustration into his cousin, the only outlet he had.
They turned right down the narrow alleyway where Harry had first seen Sirius and which formed a short cut between Magnolia Crescent and Wisteria Walk. It was empty and much darker than the streets it linked because there were no streetlamps. Their footsteps were muffled between garage walls on one side and a high fence on the other.
Think you're a big man carrying that thing, don't you?' Dudley said after a few seconds.
'What thing?'
That - that thing you are hiding.'
Harry grinned again.
'Not as stupid as you look, are you, Dud? But I s'pose, if you were, you wouldn't be able to walk and talk at the same time.'
Harry pulled out his wand. He saw Dudley look sideways at it.
'You're not allowed,' Dudley said at once. 'I know you're not. You'd get expelled from that freak school you go to.'
'How d'you know they haven't changed the rules, Big D?'
'They haven't,' said Dudley, though he didn't sound completely convinced.
Harry laughed softly.
达力牙关上的肌肉在抽动。哈利看到自己惹得达力这么生气,心里别提有多满足了。他觉得自己似乎把他的沮丧情绪转移到了表哥身上,这是他惟一的发泄方式。
他们拐进了哈利第一次看见小天狼星的那条狭窄的小巷,那是木兰花新月街和紫藤路之间的一条近道。空荡荡的小巷,因为没有路灯,比它连接的那两条街道黑暗得多。小巷一边是车库的围墙,另一边是高高的栅栏,因此他们的脚步声显得很沉闷。
“你拿着那玩意儿,就觉得自己是个男子汉了,是吗?”达力愣了几秒钟后说。
“什么玩意儿?”
“那个——你藏起来的东西。”
哈利脸上又露出坏笑。
“你看起来很笨,实际上并不笨哪,达达?我想,如果你真的很笨,就不会一边走路一边说话了。”哈利抽出魔杖。他看见达力斜眼瞄着魔杖。
“你不能用它,”达力反应很快地说,“我知道你不能。你会被你上的那个怪胎学校开除的。”
“你怎么知道他们没有改变章程呢,D哥?”
“那不可能。”达力说,不过他的声音显得不那么肯定。
哈利轻轻笑出声来。
'You haven't got the guts to take me on without that thing, have you?' Dudley snarled.
'Whereas you just need four mates behind you before you can beat up a ten year old. You know that boxing title you keep banging on about? How old was your opponent? Seven? Eight?'
'He was sixteen, for your information,' snarled Dudley, 'and he was out cold for twenty minutes after I'd finished with him and he was twice as heavy as you. You just wait till I tell Dad you had that thing out -
'Running to Daddy now, are you? Is his ickle boxing champ frightened of nasty Harry's wand?'
'Not this brave at night, are you?' sneered Dudley.
'This is night, Diddykins. That's what we call it when it goes all dark like this.'
'I mean when you're in bed!' Dudley snarled.
He had stopped walking. Harry stopped too, staring at his cousin.
From the little he could see of Dudley's large face, he was wearing a strangely triumphant look.
“你如果不拿着那玩意儿,根本没有胆子跟我较量,是不是?”达力怒气冲冲地问。
“那你呢,你需要四个伙计给你撑腰,才能打败一个十岁的毛孩子。你知道你到处吹嘘的那个拳击称号吗?你的对手有几岁?七岁?八岁?”
“告诉你吧,他十六岁了。”达力恶狠狠地说,“我把他撂倒后,他整整昏迷了二十分钟,而且他的身体比你的重两倍。你等着吧,我要告诉爸爸你掏出了那玩意儿——”
“跑回去找爸爸,是吗?他的拳击小冠军还会害怕哈利这根讨厌的魔杖?”
“你晚上就没有这么勇敢了,是不是?”达力讥笑道。
“现在就是晚上,达达小宝贝儿。天黑成这样,不是晚上是什么?”
“我是说等你上床以后!”达力气势汹汹地说。
他停下脚步,哈利也站住了,盯着他的表哥。
他只能看见达力那张大脸的一部分,可以看出那上面透着一种古怪的得意神情。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表