雄州网-简阳人的网上社区

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 16005|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 13(上)

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-6-26 15:38:54 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
Malfoy walked away, smirking over his shoulder at Harry, who felt suddenly sick. Did Malfoy know something? His father was a Death Eater after all; what if he had information about Hagrid's fate that had not yet reached the ears of the Order? He hurried back around the table to Ron and Hermione who were squatting on the grass some distance away and attempting to persuade a Bowtruckle to remain still long enough for them to draw it. Harry pulled out parchment and quill, crouched down beside the others and related in a whisper what Malfoy had just said.
'Dumbledore would know if something had happened to Hagrid,' said Hermione at once. 'It's just playing into Malfoy's hands to look worried; it tells him we don't know exactly what's going on. We've got to ignore him, Harry. Here, hold the Bowtruckle for a moment, just so I can draw its face . . .'
'Yes,' came Malfoy's clear drawl from the group nearest them, 'Father was talking to the Minister just a couple of days ago, you know, and it sounds as though the Ministry's really determined to crack down on sub-standard teaching in this place. So even if that overgrown moron does show up again, he'll probably be sent packing straightaway.'
'OUCH!'
Harry had gripped the Bowtruckle so hard that it had almost snapped, and it had just taken a great retaliatory swipe at his hand with its sharp fingers, leaving two long deep cuts there. Harry dropped it. Crabbe and Goyle, who had already been guffawing at the idea of Hagrid being sacked, laughed still harder as the Bowtruckle set off at full tilt towards the Forest, a little moving stick-man soon swallowed up among the tree roots. When the bell echoed distantly over the grounds, Harry rolled up his blood-stained Bowtruckle picture and marched off to Herbology with his hand wrapped in Hermione's handkerchief, and Malfoy's derisive laughter still ringing in his ears.
马尔福走开了,一边还扭头朝哈利坏笑着,哈利突然觉得一阵恶心。莫非马尔福真的知道一些情况?毕竟他父亲是一个食死徒埃会不会他掌握了海格的下落,而凤凰社的人还没有听说呢?他匆忙绕过桌子,找到罗恩和赫敏,他们正蹲在不远处的草地上,试图说服护树罗锅安安稳稳地待一会儿,好让他们把它画下来。哈利掏出羊皮纸和羽毛笔,蹲在他们俩身边,小声地把马尔福刚才说的话告诉了他们。
“如果海格出了什么事,邓布利多一定会知道的。”赫敏立刻说道,“你要是显出担心的样子,那就正好中了马尔福的圈套,他就会看出来我们不知道事情到底怎么样了。我们千万别去理睬他,哈利。来,抓住护树罗锅一会儿,让我把它的脸画下来……”
“没错,”从旁边那组人里传来马尔福清楚的、拖腔拖调的声音,“两天前我爸爸刚跟部长谈过话,听那意思,魔法部真的下决心要采取严厉措施,扭转这个地方不规范的教学了。所以,即使那个傻大个儿真的又露面了,他大概也会立马被打发回家的。”
“哎哟!”
因为哈利把护树罗锅抓得太紧,几乎都要把它折断了。护树罗锅挥起尖利的手指,报复性地在哈利手上狠狠打了一下,哈利的手上留下了两条又长又深的伤口。哈利丢下了护树罗锅。克拉布和高尔听说海格会被开除就已经在粗声大笑,现在笑得更厉害了。只见护树罗锅使出全身力气向禁林跑去,一个快速移动的棍棍小人儿很快就消失在树根间不见了。当场地那边远远传来下课铃声时,哈利卷起那张血迹斑斑的护树罗锅草图大步赶去上草药课,他手上包着赫敏的手帕,耳朵里还回响着马尔福讥讽的笑声。
'If he calls Hagrid a moron one more time . . .' said Harry through gritted teeth.
'Harry, don't go picking a row with Malfoy, don't forget, he's a prefect now, he could make life difficult for you . . .'
'Wow, I wonder what it'd be like to have a difficult life?' said Harry sarcastically. Ron laughed, but Hermione frowned. Together, they traipsed across the vegetable patch. The sky still appeared unable to make up its mind whether it wanted to rain or not.
'I just wish Hagrid would hurry up and get back, that's all,' said Harry in a low voice, as they reached the greenhouses. 'And don't say that Grubbly-Plank woman's a better teacher!' he added threateningly.
'I wasn't going to,' said Hermione calmly.
'Because she'll never be as good as Hagrid,' said Harry firmly, fully aware that he had just experienced an exemplary Care of Magical Creatures lesson and was thoroughly annoyed about it.
The door of the nearest greenhouse opened and some fourth-years spilled out of it, including Ginny.
'Hi,' she said brightly as she passed. A few seconds later, Luna Lovegood emerged, trailing behind the rest of the class, a smudge of earth on her nose, and her hair tied in a knot on the top of her head. When she saw Harry, her prominent eyes seemed to bulge excitedly and she made a beeline straight for him. Many of his classmates turned curiously to watch. Luna took a great breath and then said, without so much as a preliminary hello, 'I believe He Who Must Not Be Named is back and I believe you fought him and escaped from him.'
“如果他再管海格叫傻大个儿……”哈利恶狠狠地说。
“哈利,别去跟马尔福吵架,别忘了,他现在是级长,他可以使你的日子变得非常难过……”
“哇,我倒想知道难过的日子是什么滋味呢。”哈利讽刺地说。罗恩笑了,但赫敏皱起了眉头。三个人拖着沉重的脚步穿过菜地。天空似乎仍然拿不定主意要不要下雨。
“我只希望海格赶紧把事情办完早点回来,就是这样。”他们来到温室时,哈利低声地说。“不许说格拉普兰那个女人上课上得比他强!”他又威胁地说了一句。
“我本来就没想说。”赫敏平静地说。
“因为她永远也不会有海格那么好。”哈利斩钉截铁地说,其实他心里很清楚,他刚才经历的是一节保护神奇生物课的示范课,他为此气恼得要命。
离他们最近的那间温室的门开了,一些四年级学生从里面拥了出来,其中就有金妮。
“嘿。”她走过时愉快地说。几秒钟后,卢娜·洛夫古德也出来了,落在全班其他同学的后面,鼻子上沾着一块泥土,头发在头顶上打成了一个结。她一看见哈利,那双向外凸起的眼睛似乎兴奋得鼓了出来,她直冲着哈利走了过来。哈利班上的许多同学都好奇地转过脸来看着他们。卢娜深深地吸了口气,也没有先打一个招呼,就直通通地说道:“我相信那个连名字都不能提的魔头回来了,我相信你跟他展开过搏斗,并逃脱了他的魔爪。”
'Er - right,' said Harry awkwardly. Luna was wearing what looked like a pair of orange radishes for earrings, a fact that Parvati and Lavender seemed to have noticed, as they were both giggling and pointing at her earlobes.
'You can laugh,' Luna said, her voice rising, apparently under the impression that Parvati and Lavender were laughing at what she had said rather than what she was wearing, 'but people used to believe there were no such things as the Blibbering Humdinger or the Crumple-Horned Snorkack!'
'Well, they were right, weren't they?' said Hermione impatiently. There weren't any such things as the Blibbering Humdinger or the Crumple-Horned Snorkack.'
Luna gave her a withering look and flounced away, radishes swinging madly. Parvati and Lavender were not the only ones hooting with laughter now.
'D'you mind not offending the only people who believe me?' Harry asked Hermione as they made their way into class.
'Oh, for heaven's sake, Harry, you can do better than her,' said Hermione. 'Ginny's told me all about her; apparently, she'll only believe in things as long as there's no proof at all. Well, I wouldn't expect anything else from someone whose father runs The Quibbler.'
Harry thought of the sinister winged horses he had seen on the night he had arrived and how Luna had said she could see them too. His spirits sank slightly. Had she been lying? But before he could devote much more thought to the matter, Ernie Macmillan had stepped up to him.
'I want you to know, Potter,' he said in a loud, carrying voice, 'that it's not only weirdos who support you. I personally believe you one hundred per cent. My family have always stood firm behind Dumbledore, and so do I.'
'Er - thanks very much, Ernie,' said Harry, taken aback but pleased. Ernie might be pompous on occasions like this, but Harry was in a mood to deeply appreciate a vote of confidence from somebody who did not have radishes dangling from their ears. Ernie's words had certainly wiped the smile from Lavender Browns face and as he turned to talk to Ron and Hermione, Harry caught Seamus's expression, which looked both confused and defiant.
“嗯——是的。”哈利尴尬地说。卢娜戴着两个胡萝卜般的耳坠,帕瓦蒂和拉文德看来注意到了这点,她们俩咯咯笑着,一边用手指着她的耳垂。
“你们可以笑,”卢娜说,声音提高了,显然她以为帕瓦蒂和拉文德是在笑她刚才说的话,而不是笑她戴的东西,“可是人们以前还以为世界上没有泡泡鼻涕怪和弯角鼾兽之类的东西呢!”
“对啊,他们没有错啊,是不是?”赫敏不耐烦地说,“世界上确实没有泡泡鼻涕怪和弯角鼾兽之类的东西呀。”
卢娜咄咄逼人地瞪了她一眼,猛一转身走开了,两个胡萝卜剧烈地晃荡着。这时尖声大笑的可不止帕瓦蒂和拉文德两个人了。
“你能不能不要惹惟一相信我的人生气?”他们走进教室时,哈利对赫敏说道。
“哦,看在上天的份儿上,哈利,你总不至于把希望寄托在她身上吧。”赫敏说道,“金妮把她所有的事情都告诉我了。显然,她只相信那些毫无根据的事情。唉,我就知道,她父亲办着《唱唱反调》,她还能好到哪儿去呢?”
哈利想起了他到校那天晚上看见的那些不祥的带翅膀的怪马,想起卢娜当时说她也能看见它们。他的心微微往下一沉。难道她在说谎?可是没等哈利进一步深想这个问题,厄尼·麦克米兰走到了他的面前。
“我希望你知道,波特,”他用响亮的、传得很远的声音说道,“并不是只有怪人才支持你。我个人百分之百地相信你。我们全家始终坚决拥护邓布利多,我也是这样。”
“哦——非常感谢,厄尼。”哈利说,他很吃惊,同时也很高兴。厄尼这么做也许有点儿哗众取宠,但是以哈利当时的心情,能够得到一个没在耳朵上挂胡萝卜的人投来的信任的一票,他真是由衷地感激。厄尼的话无疑使拉文德·布朗脸上的笑容一扫而光;当哈利转身跟罗恩和赫敏说话时,他瞥见了西莫的表情,看上去又困惑又不服气。
To nobody's surprise, Professor Sprout started their lesson by lecturing them about the importance of OWLs. Harry wished all the teachers would stop doing this; he was starting to get an anxious, twisted feeling in his stomach every time he remembered how much homework he had to do, a feeling that worsened dramatically when Professor Sprout gave them yet another essay at the end of class. Tired and smelling strongly of dragon dung, Professor Sprouts preferred type of fertiliser, the Gryffindors trooped back up to the castle an hour and a half later, none of them talking very much; it had been another long day.
As Harry was starving, and he had his first detention with Umbridge at five o'clock, he headed straight for dinner without dropping off his bag in Gryffindor Tower so that he could bolt something down before facing whatever she had in store for him. He had barely reached the entrance of the Great Hall, however, when a loud and angry voice yelled, 'Oi, Potter!'
'What now?' he muttered wearily, turning to face Angelina Johnson, who looked as though she was in a towering temper.
'I'll tell you what now,' she said, marching straight up to him and poking him hard in the chest with her finger. 'How come you've landed yourself in detention for five o'clock on Friday?'
'What?' said Harry. 'Why . . . oh yeah, Keeper tryouts!'
'Now he remembers!' snarled Angelina. 'Didn't I tell you I wanted to do a tryout with the whole team, and find someone who fitted in with everyone? Didn't I tell you I'd booked the Quidditch pitch specially? And now you've decided you're not going to be there!'
不出大家所料,斯普劳特教授一上课就向他们强调O.W.Ls的重要性。哈利真希望所有的老师都别再谈这件事了。每当他想起他有那么多家庭作业要做,他就会感到焦躁不安,心里一阵阵发紧,下课时斯普劳特教授又布置他们写一篇论文,哈利的这种感觉顿时变得更强烈了。
一个半小时后,格兰芬多的同学们一个个精疲力竭,身上散发着浓浓的龙粪味儿——这是斯普劳特教授最喜欢的一种肥料——排着队返回城堡,谁也没有心思多说话。这又是特别累人的一天。
哈利饿坏了,五点钟他还要到乌姆里奇那里去关第一次禁闭。他来不及把书包送到格兰芬多塔楼,就直接赶去吃晚饭,这样可以匆匆忙忙吃点东西,再去面对乌姆里奇为他准备的不知什么差使。然而,他刚来到礼堂门口,就听见一个愤怒的声音高喊道:“喂,波特!”
“又怎么了?”他不耐烦地嘀咕道,一转身看见了安吉利娜·约翰逊,看她那样子好像马上就要大发雷霆了。
“我来告诉你又怎么了,”她说,几步冲到他面前,用手指使劲戳着他的胸口,“你怎么在星期五下午五点钟给自己弄了个关禁闭?”
“什么?”哈利说,“哎呀……对了,选拔守门员!”
“这会儿倒想起来了!”安吉利娜吼叫着说道,“我不是告诉过你,我希望全队球员都参加选拔,找到一个能跟每个队员都配合默契的人吗?我不是告诉过你,我已经特地定好了魁地奇球场了吗?现在你又决定不去参加了!”

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表