雄州网-简阳人的网上社区

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 5025|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 12(下)

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-5-22 10:14:22 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
'Come back, you scurvy dog! Stand fast and fight!' yelled Sir Cadogan in a muffled voice from behind his visor, but Harry merely walked on and when Sir Cadogan attempted to follow him by running into a neighbouring picture, he was rebuffed by its inhabitant, a large and angry-looking wolfhound.
Harry spent the rest of the lunch hour sitting alone underneath the trapdoor at the top of North Tower. Consequently, he was the first to ascend the silver ladder that led to Sybill Trelawney's classroom when the bell rang.
After Potions, Divination was Harry's least favourite class, which was due mainly to Professor Trelawney's habit of predicting his premature death every few lessons. A thin woman, heavily draped in shawls and glittering with strings of beads, she always reminded Harry of some kind of insect, with her glasses hugely magnifying her eyes.
She was busy putting copies of battered leather-bound books on each of the spindly little tables with which her room was littered when Harry entered the room, but the light cast by the lamps covered by scarves and the low-burning, sickly-scented fire was so dim she appeared not to notice him as he took a seat in the shadows. The rest of the class arrived over the next five minutes. Ron emerged from the trapdoor, looked around carefully, spotted Harry and made directly for him, or as directly as he could while having to wend his way between tables, chairs and overstuffed pouffes.
'Hermione and me have stopped arguing,' he said, sitting down beside Harry.
'Good,' grunted Harry.
'But Hermione says she thinks it would be nice if you stopped taking out your temper on us,' said Ron.
'I'm not - '
'I'm just passing on the message,' said Ron, talking over him. 'But I reckon she's right. It's not our fault how Seamus and Snape treat you.'
'I never said it - '
“回来,你这逃跑的懦夫!不许退缩,跟我战斗!”卡多根爵士从面罩后面用发闷的声音喊道,但哈利只顾继续往前走,卡多根爵士想来追他,于是跳进相邻的一幅画里,但住在画里的一只模样凶狠的大狼狗把他赶了回去。
在剩下来的吃午饭时间里,哈利一直独自坐在北塔楼顶上的活板门下。当上课铃响起时,他便第一个爬上了通往西比尔·特里劳妮教室的银色梯子。
除了魔药课,占卜课是哈利最不喜欢的课程,这主要是因为特里劳妮教授有一个习惯,每过几堂课就要预言哈利会死于非命。特里劳妮教授是一个瘦巴巴的女人,裹着厚厚的披肩,戴着一串串闪闪发亮的珠子,她的眼镜把她的一双眼睛放大了好几倍,总使哈利联想起某种昆虫。
哈利进屋时,她正忙着把一本本破破烂烂皮革装订的书分发在每张桌子上,那些单薄的小桌子杂乱无章地摆放在教室里。盖着罩布的灯发出的光线和散发出一股难闻气味的不太旺的炉火都十分昏暗,当哈利在阴影里找到了一个座位坐下时,她似乎没有看见他。接下来的五分钟里,班里的同学陆陆续续地来了。罗恩从活板门里探出头,仔细往四下里张望着,看见了哈利,直接朝他走了过来,或者说是尽量直接走了过来,因为他必须小心地绕过那么多桌子、椅子和一只只塞得鼓鼓囊囊的小坐垫。
“赫敏和我已经不吵了。”他说,在哈利身边坐了下来。
“很好。”哈利嘟囔了一句。
“但赫敏说,她希望你不要动不动就朝我们发脾气。”罗恩说。
“我没有——”
“我只是传个话,”罗恩好言好语地劝说道,“但我认为她说得对。西莫和斯内普那么对待你又不是我们的错。”
“我从没有说过——”
'Good-day,' said Professor Trelawney in her usual misty, dreamy voice, and Harry broke off, again feeling both annoyed and slightly ashamed of himself. 'And welcome back to Divination. I have, of course, been following your fortunes most carefully over the holidays, and am delighted to see that you have all returned to Hogwarts safely - as, of course, I knew you would.
'You will find on the tables before you copies of The Dream Oracle, by Inigo Imago. Dream interpretation is a most important means of divining the future and one that may very probably be tested in your OWL. Not, of course, that I believe examination passes or failures are of the remotest importance when it comes to the sacred art of divination. If you have the Seeing Eye, certificates and grades matter very little. However, the Headmaster likes you to sit the examination, so . . .'
Her voice trailed away delicately, leaving them all in no doubt that Professor Trelawney considered her subject above such sordid matters as examinations.
Turn, please, to the introduction and read what Imago has to say on the matter of dream interpretation. Then, divide into pairs. Use The Dream Oracle to interpret each other's most recent dreams. Carry on.'
The one good thing to be said for this lesson was that it was not a double period. By the time they had all finished reading the introduction of the book, they had barely ten minutes left for dream interpretation. At the table next to Harry and Ron, Dean had paired up with Neville, who immediately embarked on a long-winded explanation of a nightmare involving a pair of giant scissors wearing his grandmother's best hat; Harry and Ron merely looked at each other glumly.
'I never remember my dreams,' said Ron, 'you say one.'
'You must remember one of them,' said Harry impatiently.
He was not going to share his dreams with anyone. He knew perfectly well what his regular nightmare about a graveyard meant, he did not need Ron or Proiessor Trelawney or the stupid Dream Oracle to tell him.
“同学们好,”特里劳妮教授用她模糊的、如梦似幻的惯常声音说道,哈利赶紧闭了嘴,心里既恼火又有些羞愧,“欢迎你们回到占卜课上。当然啦,整个暑假我一直十分用心地关注着你们的命运,看到你们全都安然无恙地返回霍格沃茨,我非常高兴——因为,当然啦,我知道你们都会回来的。
“你们会发现在你们的桌子上有一本伊尼戈·英麦格写的《解梦指南》。解梦是占卜未来的一个十分重要的方法,也是你们的O.W.Ls考试中很可能会出现的一个题目。当然啦,我认为相比于占卜这门神圣的艺术来说,能否通过考试实在是很不重要的。只要你们有了慧眼,什么证书啦,等级啦,都是区区小事。不过,校长愿意让你们参加考试,所以……”
她的声音很优雅地逐渐降低了,使得同学们都确信,特里劳妮教授认为她这门课要比考试之类的俗事重要得多。
“请把书翻到导论,读一读英麦格关于解梦问题的说法。然后,分成两人一组,用《解梦指南》来解释对方最近做过的梦。开始吧。”
这门课倒是有一个好处,它不是连上两节。等全班同学都读完那本书的导论时,就只有十分钟时间让他们解释梦境了。在与哈利和罗恩相邻的桌子上,迪安和纳威分在一组,纳威立刻就开始啰里啰嗦地解释一个噩梦,梦里有一把大剪刀嘎吱嘎吱地剪他奶奶最好的一顶帽子。哈利和罗恩只是愁眉苦脸地大眼瞪小眼。
“我做梦从来不记得。”罗恩说,“你说一个吧。”
“你总能想起一个的。”哈利不耐烦地说。
他不想把自己的梦说给任何人听。他心里很清楚他三天两头梦见一片墓地意味着什么,他不需要罗恩、特里劳妮教授,或愚蠢的《解梦指南》来告诉他。
'Well, I dreamed I was playing Quidditch the other night,' said Ron, screwing up his face in an effort to remember. 'What d'you reckon that means?'
'Probably that you're going to be eaten by a giant marshmallow or something,' said Harry, turning the pages of The Dream Oracle without interest. It was very dull work looking up bits of dreams in the Oracle and Harry was not cheered up when Professor Trelawney set them the task of keeping a dream diary for a month as homework. When the bell went, he and Ron led the way back down the ladder, Ron grumbling loudly.
'D'you realise how much homework we've got already? Binns set us a foot-and-a-half-long essay on giant wars, Snape wants a foot on the use of moonstones, and now we've got a month's dream diary from Trelawney! Fred and George weren't wrong about OWL year, were they? That Umbridge woman had better not give us any . . .'
When they entered the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom they found Professor Umbridge already seated at the teachers desk, wearing the fluffy pink cardigan of the night before and the black velvet bow on top of her head. Harry was again reminded forcibly of a large fly perched unwisely on top of an even larger toad.
The class was quiet as it entered the room; Professor Umbridge was, as yet, an unknown quantity and nobody knew how strict a disciplinarian she was likely to be.
'Well, good afternoon!' she said, when finally the whole class had sat down.
A few people mumbled 'good afternoon' in reply.
'Tut, tut,' said Professor Umbridge. 'That won't do, now, will it? I should like you, please, to reply "Good afternoon, Professor Umbridge". One more time, please. Good afternoon, class!'
'Good afternoon, Professor Umbridge,' they chanted back at her.
'There, now,' said Professor Umbridge sweetly. That wasn't too difficult, was it? Wands away and quills out, please.'
“好吧,那天夜里我梦见自己在打魁地奇球,”罗恩说,皱起眉头拼命回忆着,“你认为那意味着什么?”
“那大概意味着你要被一颗巨大的软糖吃掉。”哈利兴味索然地翻看着《解梦指南》说道。
在《指南》上查找一个个梦境真是一件枯燥乏味的事情,后来特里劳妮教授布置他们记录下一个月里每天做的梦作为家庭作业,哈利听了更是闷闷不乐。下课铃响了,他和罗恩领头走下梯子,罗恩大声抱怨道:“你知不知道我们已经有多少家庭作业了?宾斯叫我们写一篇一英尺半长的论文,谈巨人战争;斯内普要的论文是一英尺长,讲月长石的用途;现在特里劳妮又要我们记下一个月里每天做的梦!弗雷德和乔治说这个O.W.Ls年日子难熬,看来确实这样,是不是?那个姓乌姆里奇的女人最好别再给我们……”
他们走进黑魔法防御术课的教室时,发现乌姆里奇教授已经坐在讲台的后面了。她穿着前一天晚上穿的那件毛绒绒的粉红色开襟毛衣,头顶上戴着那个黑天鹅绒的蝴蝶结。哈利又一次强烈而鲜明地想到一只大苍蝇愚蠢地落在了一只更大的癞蛤蟆身上。
全班同学走进教室时都默不作声,乌姆里奇教授还是个未知数,谁也不知道她对于课堂纪律的要求有多么严格。
“同学们,下午好!”全班同学都坐下后,她说道。
几个同学嘟哝着“下午好”作为回答。
“啧,啧,”乌姆里奇教授说道,“这可不行,是不是?我希望你们这样回答:‘下午好,乌姆里奇教授。’请再来一遍。同学们,下午好!”
“下午好,乌姆里奇教授。”他们异口同声地回答。
“这就对了,”乌姆里奇教授声音嗲嗲地说,“这并不太难,是不是?请收起魔杖,拿出羽毛笔。”
Many of the class exchanged gloomy looks; the order 'wands away' had never yet been followed by a lesson they had found interesting. Harry shoved his wand back inside his bag and pulled cut quill, ink and parchment. Professor Umbridge opened her handbag, extracted her own wand, which was an unusually short one, and tapped the blackboard sharply with it; words appeared on the board at once:
Defence Against the Dark Arts
A Return to Basic Principles
'Well now, your teaching in this subject has been rather disrupted and fragmented, hasn't it?' stated Professor Umbridge, turning to face the class with her hands clasped neatly in front of her. The constant changing of teachers, many of whom do not seem to have followed any Ministry-approved curriculum, has unfortunately resulted in your being far below the standard we would expect to see in your OWL year.
'You will be pleased to know, however, that these problems are now to be rectified. We will be following a carefully structured, theory-centred, Ministry-approved course of defensive magic this year. Copy down the following, please.'
She rapped the blackboard again; the first message vanished and was replaced by the 'Course Aims'.
1. Understanding the principles underlying defensive magic.
2. Learning to recognise situations in which defensive magic can legally
he used
3. Placing the use of defensive magic in a context for practical use.
许多同学交换着郁闷的眼神。跟在“收起魔杖”这个命令后面的,从来都不是他们觉得有趣的课。哈利把他的魔杖塞进书包里,拿出了羽毛笔、墨水和羊皮纸。乌姆里奇教授打开她的手提包,抽出一根短得出奇的魔杖,在黑板上使劲一敲,黑板上立刻出现了两行字:
黑魔法防御术
回归基本原理
“同学们,你们这门课的教学一直是断断续续的,不成系统,是不是?”乌姆里奇教授转身面对着全班同学,两只手十指交叉,端端正正地放在胸前,然后说道,“教师不断更换,其中许多人似乎并没有遵照魔法部批准的课程标准进行授课,这不幸使你们现在远远没有达到O.W.Ls年理应达到的水平。
“然而你们将会很高兴地知道,这些问题即将得到改正。今年,我们将要学习的是一门经过精心安排、以理论为中心、由魔法部批准的魔法防御术课程。请把这些话抄下来。”
她又敲了敲黑板,刚才那两行字消失了,取而代之的是“课程目标”。
1、理解魔法防御术的基本原理。
2、学会辨别可以合法使用魔法防御术的场合。
3、在实际运用的背景下评定魔法防御术。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表