雄州网-简阳人的网上社区

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 2352|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 12(上)

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-5-3 10:15:51 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
'Because you'll keep bleeding till you shrivel up, we haven't got an antidote yet,' said George, helping himself to a kipper.
'Cheers,' said Ron moodily, pocketing his timetable, 'but I think I'll take the lessons.'
'And speaking of your Skiving Snackboxes,' said Hermione, eyeing Fred and George beadily, 'you can't advertise for testers on the Gryffindor noticeboard.'
'Says who?' said George, looking astonished.
'Says me,' said Hermione. 'And Ron.'
'Leave me out of it,' said Ron hastily.
Hermione glared at him. Fred and George sniggered.
'You'll be singing a different tune soon enough, Hermione,' said Fred, thickly buttering a crumpet. 'You're starting your fifth year, you'll be begging us for a Snackbox before long.'
'And why would starting fifth year mean I want a Skiving Snackbox?' asked Hermione.
'Fifth year's OWL year,' said George.
'So?'
'So you've got your exams coming up, haven't you? They'll be keeping your noses so hard to that grindstone they'll be rubbed raw,' said Fred with satisfaction.
“因为鼻血会一直流个不停,最后你整个人都缩成一团。我们还没有研究出解药呢。”乔治说着开始吃一块熏鱼。
“谢谢啦,”罗恩闷闷不乐地说,一边把课程表装进了口袋,“我想我还是去上课吧。”
“说到你们的速效逃课糖,”赫敏严厉地瞪着弗雷德和乔治说,“你们不能在格兰芬多的布告栏上贴广告招聘试验者。”
“谁说的?”乔治说,一副很吃惊的样子。
“我说的,”赫敏说,“还有罗恩。”
“这事儿跟我可没关系。”罗恩赶紧说道。
赫敏气呼呼地瞪着他。弗雷德和乔治哧哧地发笑。
“过不了多久,你就会改变腔调了,赫敏,”弗雷德说,一边往一块烤面饼上涂抹厚厚的黄油,“你们开始上五年级了,很快就会求着我们要逃课糖。”
“为什么上五年级就意味着我需要逃课糖呢?”赫敏问道。
“五年级是O.W.Ls年。”乔治说。
“那又怎么样?”
“那就是说,你们要没完没了地应付考试,是不是?它们会像一块砂轮在使劲打磨你们的鼻子,会把鼻尖的皮都磨破。”弗雷德幸灾乐祸地说。
'Half our year had minor breakdowns coming up to OWLs,' said George happily. Tears and tantrums . . . Patricia Stimpson kept coming over faint . . .'
'Kenneth Towler came out in boils, d'you remember?' said Fred remmiscently.
That's 'cause you put Bulbadox powder in his pyjamas,' said George.
'Oh yeah,' said Fred, grinning. 'I'd forgotten . . . hard to keep track sometimes, isn't it?'
'Anyway, it's a nightmare of a year, the fifth,' said George. 'If you care about exam results, anyway. Fred and I managed to keep our peckers up somehow.'
'Yeah . . . you got, what was it, three OWLs each?' said Ron.
'Yep,' said Fred unconcernedly. 'But we feel our futures lie outside the world of academic achievement.'
'We seriously debated whether we were going to bother coming back for our seventh year,' said George brightly, 'now that we've got-
He broke off at a warning look from Harry, who knew George had been about to mention the Triwizard winnings he had given them.
' - now that we've got our OWLs,' George said hastily. 'I mean, do we really need NEWTs? But we didn't think Mum could take us leaving school early not on top of Percy turning out to be the world's biggest prat.'
“就为了O.W.Ls,我们年级一半的同学都闹了点儿小毛病,”乔治兴高采烈地说,“哭鼻子抹泪啦,发脾气啦……帕翠霞·斯廷森动不动就晕倒……”
“肯尼思·托勒全身长满了疖子,你还记得吗?”弗雷德回忆道。
“那是因为你往他的睡衣里放了大泡粉。”乔治说。
“噢,对了,”弗雷德说着顽皮地笑了,“我忘记了……有时候真是很难记得清楚,是吧?”
“总之,五年级真是噩梦般的一年,”乔治说,“如果你们比较在乎考试成绩的话。还好,弗雷德和我总算精神头还不错。”
“是啊……你们后来,怎么说来着,每人通过了三门O.W.Ls?”罗恩说。
“没错,”弗雷德漠不关心地说,“但我们觉得我们的前途是在学术成就之外。”
“我们严肃地讨论过是不是还要回来上七年级,”乔治眉飞色舞地说,“既然我们已经有了——”
他看到哈利警告的目光,赶紧刹住了口,哈利知道乔治就要说到他送给他们的那笔三强争霸赛的奖金了。
“——既然我们现在已经有了O.W.Ls证书,”乔治赶紧改口道,“我是说——难道我们真的需要N.E.W.Ts证书吗?但是我们想妈妈肯定不会让我们提早离开学校的,现在珀西又成了世界上最大的傻瓜,妈妈就更不会同意了。”
'We're not going to waste our last year here, though,' said Fred, looking affectionately around at the Great Hall. 'We're going to use it to do a bit of market research, find out exactly what the average Hogwarts student requires from a joke shop, carefully evaluate the results of our research, then produce products to fit the demand.'
'But where are you going to get the gold to start a joke shop?' Hermione asked sceptically. 'You're going to need all the ingredients and materials - and premises too, I suppose . . .'
Harry did not look at the twins. His face felt hot; he deliberately dropped his fork and dived down to retrieve it. He heard Fred say overhead, 'Ask us no questions and we'll tell you no lies, Hermione. C'mon, George, if we get there early we might be able to sell a few Extendable Ears before Herbology.'
Harry emerged from under the table to see Fred and George walking away, each carrying a stack of toast.
'What did that mean?' said Hermione, looking from Harry to F.on. ' "Ask us no questions . . ." Does that mean they've already got some gold to start a joke shop?'
'You know, I've been wondering about that,' said Ron, his brow furrowed. 'They bought me a new set of dress robes this summer and I couldn't understand where they got the Galleons . . .'
Harry decided it was time to steer the conversation out of these dangerous waters.
'D'you reckon it's true this year's going to be really tough? Because of the exams?'
'Oh, yeah,' said Ron. 'Bound to be, isn't it? OWLs are really important, affect the jobs you can apply for and everything. We get career advice, too, later this year, Bill told me. So you can choose what NEWTs you want to do next year.'
“不过我们不会浪费在这里的最后一年的,”弗雷德说,一边留恋地环顾着礼堂,“我们要利用这一年时间做一些市场研究,弄清霍格沃茨的普通学生到底希望从笑话商店里买到什么,认真鉴定我们的研究成果,然后生产出满足需要的产品。”
“可是你们从哪儿去弄开办笑话商店的本钱呢?”赫敏怀疑地问,“你们需要所有的配料和原料——我想,还有场地……”
哈利没有看双胞胎,他感到脸上发烧,便故意把勺子掉在地上,然后俯身去捡。他听见弗雷德在他头顶上说:“别问我们,我们不会编谎话骗你,赫敏。走吧,乔治,我们如果去得早,还能在草药课前卖掉几只伸缩耳呢。”
哈利从桌子底下钻了出来,正好看见弗雷德和乔治走开的背影,每人手里拿着一摞面包。
“那是什么意思?”赫敏说,看看哈利,又看看罗恩,“‘别问我们……’莫非他们已经弄到了一些开办笑话商店所需要的资金?”
“其实,我也一直在纳闷这件事呢。”罗恩紧锁着眉头说,“他们今年暑假给我买了一套新礼袍,我真不明白他们是从哪儿弄来的钱……”
哈利认为必须赶紧转移话题,离开这片危险的水域。
“你们说,这个学年真的很够呛吗?因为那些考试?”
“噢,是的,”罗恩说,“那是肯定的,是吧?O.W.Ls确实非常重要,影响到以后可以申请什么工作等等。这个学年下学期我们会得到求职方面的建议,比尔告诉我的。这样明年我们就可以挑选自己需要的N.E.W.Ts科目了。”
'D'you know what you want to do after Hogwarts?' Harry asked the other two, as they left the Great Hall shortly afterwards and set off towards their History of Magic classroom.
'Not really,' said Ron slowly. 'Except . . . well . . .'
He looked slightly sheepish.
What?' Harry urged him.
Well, it'd be cool to be an Auror,' said Ron in an off-hand voice.
'Yeah, it would,' said Harry fervently.
'But they're, like, the elite,' said Ron. 'You've got to be really good. What about you, Hermione?'
'I don't know,' she said. 'I think I'd like to do something really worthwhile.'
'An Aurors worthwhile!' said Harry.
'Yes, it is, but it's not the only worthwhile thing,' said Hermione thoughtfully, 'I mean, if I could take SPEW further . . .'
Harry and Ron carefully avoided looking at each other.
“你知道你从霍格沃茨毕业后想做什么吗?”哈利问他们俩,这时他们已经离开礼堂,朝魔法史课的教室走去。
“还没想好,”罗恩慢吞吞地说,“除非……嗯……”他显得有点儿不好意思。
“什么?”哈利催促道。
“嗯,当一个傲罗倒是蛮酷的。”罗恩用半真半假的口吻说。
“是埃”哈利热情高涨地说。
“可是他们差不多都是精英,”罗恩说,“你必须非常出色才行呢。你呢,赫敏?”
“我不知道。”她说,“我想做一些真正有价值的事情。”
“当一个傲罗就很有价值!”哈利说。
“是的,但是有价值的事情并不止这一件,”赫敏若有所思地说道,“我是说,如果我能进一步推动家养小精灵权益促进会……”
哈利和罗恩都小心地不去看对方的眼睛。
History of Magic was by common consent the most boring subject ever devised by wizardkind. Professor Binns, their ghost teacher, had a wheezy, droning voice that was almost guaranteed to cause severe drowsiness within ten minutes, five in warm weather. He never varied the form of their lessons, but lectured them without pausing while they took notes, or rather, gazed sleepily into space. Harry and Ron had so far managed to scrape passes in this subject only by copying Hermione's notes before exams; she alone seemed able to resist the soporific power of Binns's voice.
Today, they suffered an hour and a half's droning on the subject of giant wars. Harry heard just enough within the first ten minutes to appreciate dimly that in another teacher's hands this subject might have been mildly interesting, but then his brain disengaged, and he spent the remaining hour and twenty minutes playing hangman on a corner of his parchment with Ron, while Hermione shot them filthy looks out of the corner of her eye.
'How would it be,' she asked them coldly, as they left the classroom for break (Binns drifting away through the blackboard), 'if I refused to lend you my notes this year?'
'We'd fail our OWL, said Ron. 'If you want that on your conscience, Hermione . . .'
'Well, you'd deserve it,' she snapped. 'You don't even try to listen to him, do you?'
'We do try,' said Ron. 'We just haven't got your brains or your memory or your concentration - you're just cleverer than we are - is it nice to rub it in?'
'Oh, don't give me that rubbish,' said Hermione, but she looked slightly mollified as she led the way out into the damp courtyard.
魔法史被公为是巫师界设计的最枯燥的一门课程。他们的鬼魂老师宾斯先生说起话来呼哧带喘,拖腔拖调,几乎肯定能在十分钟内使人昏昏欲睡;如他们就在底下做笔记,或者更准确地说,是在睡眼矇眬地发愣。哈利和罗恩的这门功课一直勉强能够及格,多亏了在考试前照抄赫敏的笔记。似乎只有赫敏一个人能够抵挡住宾斯声音的催眠力量。
今天,他们忍受着宾斯教授拖着腔调地讲述巨人战争的话题,足足忍受了一个半小时。哈利刚听了十分钟,就模模糊糊地意识到如果换了另外一位老师,这个题目大概会比较引人入胜,接着他的大脑就走神了,在剩下来的一小时二十分钟里,他和罗恩一直在他羊皮纸的一角玩刽子手的游戏,赫敏不时用眼角的余光狠狠地瞪着他们。
“如果我今年不把笔记借给你们,会怎么样呢?”他们离开教室出去休息时(宾斯教授穿过黑板飘走了),赫敏冷冷地问他们。
“我们的魔法史O.W.Ls就会不及格。”罗恩说,“如果你想受到良心的责备,赫敏……”
“哼,那是你们活该,”她厉声反驳道,“你们根本就没有认真听他讲课,对吗?”
“我们努力来着,”罗恩说道,“我们只是没有你那样的大脑,你那样的记性、那样好的注意力——你就是比我们聪明嘛——你就不要哪壶不开提哪壶了好不好?”
“哼,别给我灌这些迷魂汤。”赫敏说,但她的表情微微缓和了些,领头来到外面湿乎乎的院子里。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表