雄州网-简阳人的网上社区

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 3147|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 12(上)

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-4-24 10:43:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
Seamus dressed at top speed next morning and left the dormitory before Harry had even put on his socks.
'Does he think he'll turn into a nutter if he stays in a room with me too long?' asked Harry loudly as the hem of Seamus's robes wnipped out of sight.
'Don't worry about it, Harry,' Dean muttered, hoisting his schoolbag on to his shoulder, 'he's just . . .'
But apparently he was unable to say exactly what Seamus was, and after a slightly awkward pause followed him out of the room.
Neville and Ron both gave Harry an it's-his-problem-not-yours look, but Harry was not much consoled. How much more of this would he have to take?
'What's the matter?' asked Hermione five minutes later, catching up with Harry and Ron halfway across the common room as they all headed towards breakfast. 'You look absolutely - Oh for heavens sake.'
She was staring at the common-room noticeboard, where a large new sign had been put up.
GALLONS OF GALLEONS!
Pocket money failing to keep pace with your outgoings?
Like to earn a little extra gold?
Contact Fred and George Weasley, Gryffindor common room,
for simple, part-time, virtually painless jobs.
(We regret that all work is undertaken at applicant's own risk.)
第二天早晨,西莫飞快地穿好衣服,没等哈利穿上袜子就离开了宿舍。
“难道他以为跟我在一个房间里待得太久,他就会变成疯子吗?”西莫的衣摆一闪消失后,哈利大声问道。
“别把这事放在心上,哈利,”迪安低声地嘟哝了一句,把书包背上肩头,“他只是……”
可是,他似乎说不出来西莫到底是怎么回事,尴尬地顿了一下,便也跟着出了房间。
纳威和罗恩都用“这是他的问题,不怪你”的目光看着哈利,可是哈利并没有感到舒服多少。这样的情形,他还要忍受多久?
“出什么事了?”五分钟后,哈利和罗恩赶去吃早饭,刚走到公共休息室,赫敏追了上来,“你的脸色真是太——哦,我的天哪。”
她吃惊地望着公共休息室的布告栏,上面新贴了一张大启事。
大把大把的加隆!
零花钱不够应付你的开销吗?
想多挣一点儿金子吗?
请与格兰芬多公共休息室的弗雷德和乔治·韦斯莱联系,找一份简单的几乎毫无痛苦的课外临时工。
(很抱歉,所有的工作都由求职者自己承担风险。)
'They are the limit,' said Hermione grimly, taking down the sign, which Fred and George had pinned up ewer a poster giving the date of the first Hogsmeade weekend, which was to be in October. 'We'll have to talk to them, Ron.'
Ron looked positively alarmed.
'Why?'
'Because we're prefects!' said Hermione, as they climbed out through the portrait hole. 'It's up to us to stop this kind of thing!'
Ron said nothing; Harry could tell from his glum expression that the prospect of stopping Fred and George doing exactly what they liked was not one he found inviting.
'Anyway, what's up, Harry?' Hermione continued, as they walked down a flight of stairs lined with portraits of old witches and wizards, all of whom ignored them, being engrossed in their own conversation. 'You look really angry about something.'
'Seamus reckons Harry's lying about You-Know-Who,' said Ron succinctly, when Harry did not respond.
Hermione, who Harry had expected to react angrily on his behalf, sighed.
'Yes, Lavender thinks so too,' she said gloomily.
'Been having a nice little chat with her about whether or not I'm a lying, attention-seeking prat, have you?' Harry said loudly.
'No,' said Hermione calmly. 'I told her to keep her big fat mouth shut about you, actually. And it would be quite nice if you stopped jumping down our throats, Harry, because in case you haven't noticed, Ron and I are on your side.'
There was a short pause.
“他们太过分了。”赫敏板着脸说,一把将启事揭了下来,弗雷德和乔治原来是把启事钉在一张布告上的,布告上写着第一次到霍格莫德村过周末的日期是在十月份。“我们得跟他们谈谈了,罗恩。”
罗恩显得十分惊慌。
“为什么?”
“因为我们是级长!”赫敏说,这时他们三个从肖像洞口爬了出来,“得由我们来制止这样的事情!”
罗恩什么也没有说。哈利从他闷闷不乐的表情可以看出,他觉得要阻止弗雷德和乔治做他们喜欢的事情可不是什么美差。
“对了,出什么事了,哈利?”赫敏接着问道,这时他们走下一道楼梯,楼梯旁边挂着一排老巫师的肖像,一个个都忙着互相说话,顾不上理睬他们。“你好像为什么事情很生气。”
“西莫认为哈利在神秘人的事情上说了谎话。”罗恩看到哈利没有回答,便简明扼要地说道。
哈利以为赫敏会站在他一边做出愤怒的反应,可她只是叹了口气。
“是啊,拉文德也是这样想的。”赫敏愁眉苦脸地说。
“你一直在跟她愉快地聊天,讨论我到底是不是个谎话连篇、爱出风头的骗子,是吗?”哈利大声说。
“不是,”赫敏心平气和地说,“实际上,我叫她闭上她那张大胖嘴,不许再对你说三道四。哈利,真希望你不要再对我们横加指责,因为我和罗恩是和你站在一边的,除非你没有注意到。”
短暂的静默。
'Sorry,' said Harry in a low voice.
That's quite all right,' said Hermione with dignity. Then she shook her head. 'Don't you remember what Dumbledore said at the last end-of-term feast?'
Harry and Ron both looked at her blankly and Hermione sighed again.
'About You-Know-Who. He said his "gift for spreading discord and enmity is very great. We can fight it only by showing an equally strong bond of friendship and trust - " '
'How do you remember stuff like that?' asked Ron, looking at her in admiration.
'I listen, Ron,' said Hermione, with a touch of asperity.
'So do I, but I still couldn't tell you exactly what - '
The point,' Hermione pressed on loudly, 'is that this sort of thing is exactly what Dumbledore was talking about. You-Know-Who's only been back two months and we've already started fighting among ourselves. And the Sorting Hat's warning was the same: stand together, be united - '
'And Harry got it right last night,' retorted Ron. 'If that means we're supposed to get matey with the Slytherins - fat chance.'
'Well, I think it's a pity we're not trying for a bit of inter-house unity,' said Hermione crossly.
They had reached the foot of the marble staircase. A line of fourth-year Ravenclaws was crossing the Entrance Hall; they caught sight of Harry and hurried to form a tighter group, as though frightened he might attack stragglers.
“对不起。”哈利低声说。
“没关系,”赫敏端着架子说,接着又摇摇头,“你们不记得邓布利多在上学期结束的宴会上说的话了吗?”
哈利和罗恩傻乎乎地望着她,赫敏又叹了口气。
“关于神秘人的。邓布利多说他‘制造冲突和敌意的手段十分高明。我们只有表现出同样牢不可破的友谊和信任——’”
“你怎么能记住这样的话?”罗恩钦佩地望着她问道。
“我仔细听了,罗恩。”赫敏略微有些粗暴地说。
“我也听了呀,可是我还是说不出到底——”
“问题是,”赫敏很不客气地大声说,“这些才是邓布利多真正要说的话。神秘人回来才两个月,我们就已经开始自相争斗了。分院帽的警告也是同样的意思:团结一致——”
“哈利昨天晚上说得对,”罗恩反驳说,“如果这意味着我们要跟斯莱特林的人交朋友——可能性很校”
“哎,我认为我们不能为学院之间的团结做出努力是非常遗憾的。”赫敏火气很冲地说。
他们来到大理石楼梯底下,拉文克劳的一群四年级学生正鱼贯穿过门厅。他们一看见哈利就赶紧凑成一堆,似乎惟恐哈利会对落在后面的人下毒手。
'Yeah, we really ought to be trying to make friends with people like that,' said Harry sarcastically.
They followed the Ravenclaws into the Great Hall, all looking instinctively at the staff table as they entered. Professor Grubbly-Plank was chatting to Professor Sinistra, the Astronomy teacher, and Hagrid was once again conspicuous only by his absence. The enchanted ceiling above them echoed Harry's mood; it was a miserable rain-cloud grey.
'Dumbledore didn't even mention how long that Grubbly-Plank woman's staying,' he said, as they made their way across to the Gryffindor table.
'Maybe . . .' said Hermione thoughtfully.
'What?' said both Harry and Ron together.
'Well . . . maybe he didn't want to draw attention to Hagrid not being here.'
'What d'you mean, draw attention to it?' said Ron, half-laughing. 'How could we not notice?'
Before Hermione could answer, a tall black girl with long braided hair had marched up to Harry.
“是啊,我们确实应该努力跟那样的人交朋友。”哈利讽刺地说。
他们跟着拉文克劳的同学走进礼堂,一进门都不由自主地朝教工桌子望去。格拉普兰教授正跟天文学教师辛尼斯塔教授在聊天,海格又一次因为缺席而格外引人注意。被施了魔法的天花板正好反映了哈利的情绪:灰蒙蒙的,一片愁云惨雾。
“邓布利多一句也没提那个姓格拉普兰的女人要在这儿待多久。”他说,这时他们正朝格兰芬多的桌子走去。
“也许……”赫敏若有所思地说。
“什么?”哈利和罗恩同时问道。
“噢……也许他不想让大家注意到海格不在这儿。”
“你这是什么意思?不想让大家注意,”罗恩轻声笑了起来,“我们怎么可能不注意呢?”
赫敏还没有来得及回答,一个梳着长辫子的高个黑肤色女孩大步走到哈利跟前。
'Hi, Angelina.'
'Hi,' she said briskly, 'good summer?' And without waiting for an answer, 'Listen, I've been made Gryffindor Quidditch Captain.'
'Nice one,' said Harry, grinning at her; he suspected Angelina's pep talks might not be as long-winded as Oliver Wood's had been, which could only be an improvement.
'Yeah, well, we need a new Keeper now Oliver's left. Tryouts are on Friday at five o'clock and I want the whole team there, all right? Then we can see how the new person'll fit in.'
'OK,' said Harry.
Angelina smiled at him and departed.
'I'd forgotten Wood had left,' said Hermione vaguely as she sat down beside Ron and pulled a plate of toast towards her. 'I suppose that will make quite a difference to the team?'
'I s'pose,' said Harry, taking the bench opposite. 'He was a good Keeper . . .'
'Still, it won't hurt to have some new blood, will it?' said Ron.
With a whoosh and a clatter, hundreds of owls came soaring in through the upper windows. They descended all over the Hall, bringing letters and packages to their owners and showering the breakfasters with droplets of water; it was clearly raining hard outside. Hedwig was nowhere to be seen, but Harry was hardly surprised; his only correspondent was Sirius, and he doubted Sirius would have anything new to tell him after only twenty-four hours apart. Hermione, however, had to move her orange juice aside quickly to make way gor a large damp barn owl bearing a sodden Daily Prophet in its beak.
“你好,安吉利娜。”
“你好,”她轻快地说,“暑假过得怎么样?”没等回答,她接着又说道:“知道吗,我被选为格兰芬多魁地奇球队的队长了。”
“太好了。”哈利说,咧嘴朝她笑着。他怀疑安吉利娜给球员们鼓劲时可能不像奥利弗·伍德那样啰里啰嗦,这倒是一件好事。
“啊,对了,奥利弗走了,我们需要一个新的守门员。选拔将于星期五下午五点钟进行,我希望全体队员都能到场,行吗?这样我们可以看看那个新人能不能够跟大家很好地配合。”
“好的。”哈利说。
安吉利娜朝他笑了一下走了。
“我忘记伍德已经走了,”赫敏在罗恩身边坐下,把一盘面包拖到面前,淡淡地说,“我想那会给球队带来很大的影响吧?”
“我想也是,”哈利在对面板凳上坐了下来,“他是个出色的守门员……”
“不过,吸收一点新鲜血液也不坏呀,是不是?”罗恩说。
突然,嗖嗖嗖,咔啦咔啦咔啦,几百只猫头鹰从高处的窗口飞了进来。它们落到礼堂各处,把信件和包裹带给它们的主人,同时也把水珠洒在了吃早饭的人头上。显然,外面正在下着大雨。海德薇不见踪影,但哈利并不感到意外。给他写信的只有小天狼星,现在刚分别了二十四个小时,估计小天狼星不会有什么新鲜事儿要告诉他。赫敏不得不手忙脚乱地把橘子汁挪到一边,给一只嘴里叼着一份湿漉漉的《预言家日报》的谷仓猫头鹰腾出地方。
'What are you still getting that for?' said Harry irritably, thinking of Seamus as Hermione placed a Knut in the leather pouch on the owl's leg and it took off again. 'I'm not bothering . . . load of rubbish.'
'It's best to know what the enemy is saying,' said Hermione darkly, and she unfurled the newspaper and disappeared behind it, not emerging until Harry and Ron had finished eating.
'Nothing,' she said simply, rolling up the newspaper and laying it down by her plate. 'Nothing about you or Dumbledore or anything.'
Professor McGonagall was now moving along the table handing out timetables.
'Look at today!' groaned Ron. 'History of Magic, double Potions,
Divination and double Defence Against the Dark Arts . . . Binns, Snape, Trelawney and that Umbridge woman all in one day! I wish Fred and George'd hurry up and get those Skiving Snackboxes sorted . . ."
'Do mine ears deceive me?' said Fred, arriving with George and squeezing on to the bench beside Harry. 'Hogwarts prefects surely don't wish to skive off lessons?'
'Look what we've got today,' said Ron grumpily, shoving his timetable under Fred's nose. 'That's the worst Monday I've ever seen.'
'Fair point, little bro,' said Fred, scanning the column. 'You can have a bit of Nosebleed Nougat cheap if you like.'
'Why's it cheap?' said Ron suspiciously.
“你怎么还订那玩意儿?”哈利气恼地说,又想起了西莫,这时赫敏把一个纳特放在猫头鹰脚上的小皮钱袋里,猫头鹰扑扇着翅膀飞走了,“我才不费那功夫……都是一堆垃圾。”
“最好了解一下敌人在说什么。”赫敏一本正经地说。她展开报纸,把自己挡在后面,一直到哈利和罗恩都吃完早饭了,才重新把脸露了出来。
“没有什么,”她简单地说,把报纸卷起来放在了盘子旁边,“没有说到你和邓布利多,什么都没有说。”
这时候,麦格教授顺着桌子挨个儿分发课程表。
“看看今天!”罗恩唉声叹气地说,“魔法历史、两节魔药课、占卜课、两节黑魔法防御术课……宾斯、斯内普、特里劳妮,还有那个叫乌姆里奇的女人,都在这同一天里!我希望弗雷德和乔治加快速度,赶紧把那些速效逃课糖弄出来……”
“别是我的耳朵出毛病了吧?”弗雷德说道,他和乔治刚来,挤坐在哈利旁边,“霍格沃茨的级长总不会想要逃课吧?”
“看看我们今天有多倒霉。”罗恩发着牢骚,把他的课程表塞到了弗雷德鼻子底下,“我还从没有碰到过这么糟糕的星期一呢。”
“说得对呀,老弟,”弗雷德一边浏览课程表一边说道,“如果你愿意,可以来点儿鼻血牛轧糖,很便宜的。”
“为什么便宜?”罗恩怀疑地说。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表