雄州网-简阳人的网上社区

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 3593|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 10(下)

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-2-27 10:03:05 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
'Anything good in there?' asked Ron as Harry closed the magazine.
'Of course not,' said Hermione scathingly, before Harry could answer. The Quibbler's rubbish, everyone knows that.'
'Excuse me,' said Luna; her voice had suddenly lost its dreamy quality. 'My father's the editor.'
'I - oh,' said Hermione, looking embarrassed. 'Well . . . it's got some interesting . . . I mean, it's quite
'I'll have it back, thank you,' said Luna coldly, and leaning forwards she snatched it out of Harry's hands. Riffling through it to page fifty-seven, she turned it resolutely upside-down again and disappeared behind it, just as the compartment door opened for the third time.
Harry looked around; he had expected this, but that did not make the sight of Draco Malfoy smirking at him from between his cronies Crabbe and Goyle any more enjoyable.
'What?' he said aggressively, before Malfoy could open his mouth.
'Manners, Potter, or I'll have to give you a detention,' drawled Malfoy, whose sleek blond hair and pointed chin were just like his father's. 'You see, I, unlike you, have been made a prefect, which means that I, unlike you, have the power to hand out punishments.'
'Yeah,' said Harry, 'but you, unlike me, are a git, so get out and leave us alone.'
Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Neville laughed. Malfoy's lip curled.
“上面有什么好东西吗?”罗恩看到哈利合上了杂志,问道。
“当然没有,”赫敏不等哈利回答,就尖刻地说,“《唱唱反调》是一堆垃圾,这是每个人都知道的。”
“对不起,”卢娜说,她的声音突然不再那么恍恍惚惚了,“我父亲是杂志编辑。”
“我……哦,”赫敏显得非常尴尬地说道,“是这样,有一些还是蛮有趣的……我的意思是,它还是很……”
“把它还给我吧,谢谢。”卢娜冷冷地说,探过身来一把从哈利手里夺过杂志,哗啦哗啦地翻到第五十七页,坚定不移地把它颠倒过来,把自己的脸挡在后面。就在这时,包厢的门第三次被拉开了。
哈利扭头一看,他其实早就预料到了,但此刻看到德拉科·马尔福在他两个死党克拉布和高尔的陪伴下,得意洋洋地冲他冷笑时,他仍然感到很不愉快。
“怎么啦?”他不等马尔福开口,就挑衅地问道。
“注意礼貌,波特,不然我就让你关禁闭。”马尔福拖腔拖调地说,油光水滑的金黄色头发和尖尖的下巴跟他爸爸一模一样,“你看,我和你不同,我当上级长了,这就是说,我和你不同,我有权惩罚别人。”
“是嘛,”哈利说,“可是你,和我不同,你是个饭桶,所以请你走开,别来打搅我们。”
罗恩、赫敏、金妮和纳威都哈哈大笑起来。马尔福噘起了嘴。
'Tell me, how does it feel being second-best to Weasley, Potter?' he asked.
'Shut up, Malfoy,' said Hermione sharply.
'I seem to have touched a nerve,' said Malfoy, smirking. 'Well, just watch yourself, Potter, because I'll be dogging your footsteps in case you step out of line.'
'Get out!' said Hermione, standing up.
Sniggering, Malfoy gave Harry a last malicious look and departed, with Crabbe and Goyle lumbering along in his wake. Hermione slammed the compartment door behind them and turned to look at Harry, who knew at once that she, like him, had registered what Malfoy had said and been just as unnerved by it.
'Chuck us another Frog,' said Ron, who had clearly noticed nothing.
Harry could not talk freely in front of Neville and Luna. He exchanged another nervous look with Hermione, then stared out of the window.
“告诉我,败在韦斯莱手下的滋味如何呀,波特?”他问。
“闭嘴,马尔福。”赫敏厉声说道。
“看来我触到痛处了。”马尔福得意地笑着说,“好吧,波特,你可要放规矩点儿,因为我会像只猎狗一样跟着你,看你敢不敢越轨。”
“出去!”赫敏说着站了起来。
马尔福哧哧坏笑着,恶狠狠地朝哈利最后瞪了一眼,转身离开了,克拉布和高尔笨手笨脚地跟在后面。赫敏把包厢的门重重地关上,转脸望着哈利。哈利顿时就明白了,赫敏和他一样,也注意到了马尔福刚才说的话,并为此感到忧心忡忡。
“再扔一只青蛙过来。”罗恩说,他显然什么也没留意。
当着纳威和卢娜的面,哈利不能敞开心扉来说话。他又和赫敏交换了一下惶恐不安的目光,然后转脸望着窗外。
He had thought Sirius coming with him to the station was a bit of a laugh, but suddenly it seemed reckless, if not downright dangerous . . . Hermione had been right . . . Sirius should not have come. What if Mr Malfoy had noticed the black dog and told Draco? What if he had deduced that the Weasleys, Lupin, Tonks and Moody knew where Sirius was hiding? Or had Malfoy's use of the word 'dogging' been a coincidence?
The weather remained undecided as they travelled further and farther north. Rain spattered the windows in a half-hearted way, then the sun put in a feeble appearance before clouds drifted over it once more. When darkness fell and lamps came on inside the carriages, Luna rolled up The Quibbler, put it carefully away ii her bag and took to staring at everyone in the compartment instead.
Harry was sitting with his forehead pressed against the train window, trying to get a first distant glimpse of Hogwarts, but it was a moonless night and the rain-streaked window was grimy.
'We'd better change,' said Hermione at last, and all of them opened their trunks with difficulty and pulled on their school robes. She and Ron pinned their prefect badges carefully to their chests. Harry saw Ron checking his reflection in the black window.
At last, the train began to slow down and they heard the usual racket up and down it as everybody scrambled to get their luggage and pets assembled, ready to get on. As Ron and Hermione were supposed to supervise all this, they disappeared from the carriage again, leaving Harry and the others to look after Crookshanks and Pigwidgeon.
他原来以为,小天狼星陪他到车站来只是一个玩笑之举,现在才发现这么做即使不是非常危险,也是不够谨慎……赫敏说得对……小天狼星是不应该来的。如果马尔福先生注意到了那条黑狗,并告诉了德拉科呢?如果他由此推断出韦斯莱夫妇、卢平、唐克斯和穆迪知道小天狼星藏在哪里呢?或者,马尔福刚才说话用“像只猎狗一样跟着”这样的字眼只是一种巧合?
他们继续向北行进,天气还是变幻不定。雨点有一搭没一搭地敲打着车窗,然后太阳懒洋洋地探出脸来,很快云层飘过,又把它遮住了。夜幕降临了,车厢里的灯亮了,卢娜卷起《唱唱反调》,小心地放进书包,然后转过脸来,目不转睛地盯着包厢里的每个人。
哈利坐在那里,将额头贴在车窗上,想远远地就能看见霍格沃茨,但这是一个没有月亮的夜晚,而且被雨水打湿的车窗上脏兮兮的。
“我们得换衣服了。”最后赫敏说道,于是大家手忙脚乱地打开箱子,穿上校袍。她和罗恩仔细地把级长徽章戴在胸前。哈利看见罗恩对着漆黑的窗户照了照自己的模样。
终于,火车慢慢地减速了,他们又听见四下里一片纷乱嘈杂,因为每个人都在忙着把行李和宠物归拢在一起,准备下车。罗恩和赫敏要监督秩序,就又从车厢里消失了,留下哈利和其他人照看克鲁克山和小猪。
'I'll carry that owl, if you like,' said Luna to Harry, reaching out for Pigwidgeon as Neville stowed Trevor carefully in an inside pocket.
'Oh - er - thanks,' said Harry, handing her the cage and hoisting Hedwig's more securely into his arms.
They shuffled out of the compartment feeling the first sting of the night air on their faces as they joined the crowd in the corridor. Slowly, they moved towards the doors. Harry could smell the pine trees that lined the path down to the lake. He stepped down on to the platform and looked around, listening for the familiar call of 'firs'-years over 'ere . . . firs'-years . . .'
But it did not come. Instead, a quite different voice, a brisk female one, was calling out, 'First-years line up over here, please! All first-years to me!'
A lantern came swinging towards Harry and by its light he saw the prominent chin and severe haircut of Professor Grubbly-Plank, the witch who had taken over Hagrid's Care of Magical Creatures lessons for a while the previous year.
'Where's Hagrid?' he said out loud.
'I don't know,' said Ginny, 'but we'd better get out of the way, we're blocking the door.'
'Oh, yeah . . .'
Harry and Ginny became separated as they moved off along the platform and out through the station. Jostled by the crowd, Harry squinted through the darkness for a glimpse of Hagrid; he had to be here, Harry had been relying on it - seeing Hagrid again was one of the things he'd been looking forward to most. But there was no sign of him.
“我来提那只猫头鹰,行吗?”卢娜对哈利说,伸手来接小猪,纳威在一旁小心地把莱福塞进长袍里面的口袋。
“哦——嗯——谢谢。”哈利说着把笼子递给了她,然后将海德薇更稳妥地抱在怀里。
他们拖着沉重的脚步走出包厢,汇入了过道里的人流,第一次感觉到夜晚的空气吹在脸上的刺痛。他们慢慢地朝门口挪动,哈利可以闻到通向湖畔的小路两旁那一棵棵松树的清香。他下车来到站台上,环顾四周,竖起耳朵寻找那熟悉的声音:“一年级新生上这儿来……一年级新生……”
可是他没有听见。取而代之的是一个完全陌生的声音,一个干脆利落的女性的声音,正在大声喊着:“一年级新生请上这儿来排队!所有一年级新生都跟我来!”
一盏提灯摇摇晃晃地朝哈利这边移了过来,就着它的亮光,他看见了格拉普兰教授那突出的下巴和修剪得一丝不苟的头发,这位女巫前一年曾代替海格上过一段时间的保护神奇生物课。
“海格呢?”哈利大声问。
“我不知道,”金妮说,“但我们最好赶紧让开,我们把门都挡住了。”
“噢,好的……”
哈利和金妮顺着站台往车站外面走去,渐渐地两人分开了。哈利被人群推挤着往前走,一边眯起眼睛在黑暗中寻找海格的身影。他不能不在这儿,哈利眼巴巴地盼着呢——再次见到海格是哈利内心最渴望的一件事。可是四下里没有海格的影子。
He can't have left, Harry told himself as he shuffled slowly through a narrow doorway on to the road outside with the rest of the crowd. He's just got a cold or something . . .
He looked around for Ron or Hermione, wanting to know what they thought about the reappearance of Professor Grubbly-Plank, but neither of them was anywhere near him, so he allowed himself to be shunted forwards on to the dark rain-washed road outside Hogsmeade Station.
Here stood the hundred or so horseless stagecoaches that always took the students above first year up to the castle. Harry glanced quickly at them, turned away to keep a lookout for Ron and Hermione, then did a double-take.
The coaches were no longer horseless. There were creatures standing between the carriage shafts. If he had had to give them a name, he supposed he would have called them horses, though there was something reptilian about them, too. They were completely fleshless, their black coats clinging to their skeletons, of which every bone was visible. Their heads were dragonish, and their pupil-less eyes white and staring. Wings sprouted from each wither - vast, black leathery wings that looked as though they ought to belong to giant bats. Standing still and quiet in the gathering gloom, the creatures looked eerie and sinister. Harry could not understand why the coaches were being pulled by these horrible horses when they v/ere quite capable of moving along by themselves.
他不可能离开的,哈利一边想着一边拖着沉重的脚步和众人一起慢慢穿过狭窄的门道,来到外面的马路上。他可能只是患了感冒什么的……
他东张西望地寻找罗恩或赫敏,想知道他们对格拉普兰教授的再次出现有什么想法,可是他们俩都不在旁边,他只好由着自己被推向霍格莫德车站外那条被雨水冲刷过的黑乎乎的街道。
这里停着约一百辆没有马拉的马车,每年都是它们把一年级以上的学生送到城堡去的。哈利很快地扫了它们一眼,又转脸寻找罗恩和赫敏,接着他又回过头来仔细看。
马车前面不再是空的了。辕杆之间站着一些动物,如果硬要给它们一个名字的话,他觉得他会管它们叫马,尽管它们的模样有点儿类似爬行动物。它们身上一点肉也没有,黑色的毛皮紧紧地贴在骨架上,每一根骨头都清晰可见。它们的头很像龙的脑袋,没有瞳孔的眼睛白白的,目不转睛地瞪着。在肩骨间隆起的地方生出了翅膀——又大又黑的坚韧翅膀,看上去似乎应该属于巨大的蝙蝠。这些动物一动不动,静悄悄地站在越来越浓的夜色中,显得怪异而不祥。哈利真不明白,这些马车明明自己就能行走,为什么还要用这些可怕的马来拉它们呢。
'Where's Pig?' said Ron's voice, right behind Harry.
That Luna girl was carrying him,' said Harry, turning quickly, eager to consult Ron about Hagrid. 'Where d'you reckon - '
' - Hagrid is? I dunno,' said Ron, sounding worried. 'He'd better be OK . . .'
A short distance away, Draco Malfoy, followed by a small gang of cronies including Crabbe, Goyle and Pansy Parkinson, was pushing some timid-looking second-years out of the way so that he and his friends could get a coach to themselves. Seconds later, Hermione emerged panting from the crowd.
'Malfoy was being absolutely foul to a first-year back there. I swear I'm going to report him, he's only had his badge three minutes and he's using it to bully people worse than ever . . . where's Crookshanks?'
'Ginny's got him,' said Harry. There she is . . .'
Ginny had just emerged from the crowd, clutching a squirming Crookshanks,
Thanks,' said Hermione, relieving Ginny of the cat. 'Come on, let's get a carriage together before they all fill up . . .'
'I haven't got Pig yet!' Ron said, but Hermione was already heading off towards the nearest unoccupied coach. Harry remained behind with Ron.
'What are those things, d'you reckon?' he asked Ron, nodding at the horrible horses as the other students surged past them.
'What things?'
'Those horse - '
“小猪呢?”罗恩的声音在哈利身后响起。
“那个叫卢娜的女生提着呢,”哈利说着急切地转过身来,想跟罗恩讨论一下海格的事,“你说,为什么不见——”
“——海格?不知道,”罗恩说,显得很是担忧,“他可别出什么事……”
在离他们不远的地方,德拉科·马尔福后面跟着一小伙死党,包括克拉布、高尔和潘西·帕金森,正在把几个神情很胆怯的二年级同学推到一边,好让他和他的朋友独占一辆马车。几秒钟后,赫敏气喘吁吁地从人群中钻了出来。
“马尔福刚才在那里对一个一年级新生的态度非常恶劣。我发誓一定要告他一状,他戴上徽章还不满三分钟呢,就利用它变本加厉地欺负别人……克鲁克山呢?”
“金妮抱着呢。”哈利说,“她来了……”
金妮刚从人群里闪身出来,紧紧抱着不断扭动的克鲁克山。
“谢谢。”赫敏说着把猫从金妮手里接了过来,“走吧,我们赶紧找一辆马车坐在一起,待会儿就没有地方了……”
“我还没拿到小猪呢!”罗恩说,可是赫敏已经朝最近的一辆空马车走去。哈利陪罗恩留在原地。
“你看,那是些什么东西?”哈利问罗恩,并冲那些可怕的怪马点点头,这时其他学生蜂拥着从他们身边走过。
“什么东西?”
“那些马——”

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表