雄州网-简阳人的网上社区

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 2709|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 10(上)

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-2-6 14:52:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
'See you!' Harry called out of the open window as the train began to move, while Ron, Hermione and Ginny waved beside him. The figures of Tonks, Lupin, Moody and Mr and Mrs Weasley shrank rapidly but the black dog was bounding alongside the window, wagging its tail; blurred people on the platform were laughing to see it chasing the train, then they rounded a bend, and Sirius was gone.
'He shouldn't have come with us,' said Hermione in a worried voice.
'Oh, lighten up,' said Ron, 'he hasn't seen daylight for months, poor bloke.'
'Well,' said Fred, clapping his hands together, 'can't stand around chatting all day, we've got business to discuss with Lee. See you later,' and he and George disappeared down the corridor to the right.
The train was gathering still more speed, so that the houses outside the window flashed past, and they swayed where they stood.
'Shall we go and find a compartment, then?' Harry asked.
Ron and Hermione exchanged looks.
'Er,' said Ron.
'We're - well - Ron and I are supposed to go into the prefect carnage,' Hermione said awkwardly.
Ron wasn't looking at Harry; he seemed to have become intensely interested in the fingernails on his left hand.
“再见!”火车开动了,哈利从敞开的车窗向外喊道,罗恩、赫敏和金妮在他身边一个劲儿地挥手。唐克斯、卢平、穆迪、韦斯莱先生和韦斯莱夫人的身影很快地缩小了,只有那条大黑狗追着车窗奔跑,尾巴不住地摇晃。站台上一掠而过的人们看到狗追火车,都乐得哈哈大笑,接着火车拐过一个弯道,小天狼星不见了。
“他不应该跟我们一起来的。”赫敏用担心的语气说。
“哦,高兴点儿吧,”罗恩说,“他几个月没有看见阳光了,可怜的人。”
“好了,”弗雷德拍了一下手说,“总不能一整天都站在这里聊天吧,我们还有点儿事情要跟李谈谈。待会儿见。”说完,他和乔治便消失在了右边的过道上。
火车行进的速度更快了,窗外的房屋呼呼地往后闪,他们在原地站着直打晃儿。
“怎么样,我们去找间包厢吧?”哈利问。
罗恩和赫敏交换了一下目光。
“嗯。”罗恩说。
“我们——嗯——罗恩和我应该到级长车厢去的。”赫敏尴尬地说。
罗恩没有望着哈利,他似乎突然对左手的指甲产生了十分浓厚的兴趣。
'Oh,' said Harry. 'Right. Fine.'
'I don't think we'll have to stay there all journey,' said Hermione quickly. 'Our letters said we just get instructions from the Head Boy and Girl and then patrol the corridors from time to time.'
'Fine,' said Harry again. 'Well, I - I might see you later, then.'
'Yeah, definitely,' said Ron, casting a shifty, anxious look at Harry. 'It's a pain having to go down there, I'd rather - but we have to - 'I mean, I'm not enjoying it, I'm not Percy,' he finished defiantly.
'I know you're not,' said Harry and he grinned. But as Hermione and Ron dragged their trunks, Crookshanks and a caged Pigwidgeon off towards the engine end of the train, Harry felt an odd sense of loss. He had never travelled on the Hogwarts Express without Ron.
'Come on,' Ginny told him, 'if we get a move on we'll be able to save them places.'
'Right,' said Harry, picking up Hedwig's cage in one hand and the handle of his trunk in the other. They struggled off down the corridor, peering through the glass-panelled doors into the compartments they passed, which were already full. Harry could not help noticing that a lot of people stared back at him with great interest and that several of them nudged their neighbours and pointed him out. After he had met this behaviour in five consecutive carriages he remembered that the Daily Prophet had been telling its readers all summer what a lying show-off he was. He wondered dully whether the people now staring and whispering believed the stories.
“噢,”哈利说,“行,好的。”
“我想我们不会一路上都待在那儿的,”赫敏很快地说,“信上说,我们只是分别去接受男生学生会主席和女生学生会主席的指示,然后时不时地在走廊上巡视一下。”
“好的,”哈利又说了一遍,“好吧,那么我——我们待会儿再见吧。”
“哎……没问题。”罗恩说着用惶恐不安、躲躲闪闪的目光扫了一眼哈利,“我真不愿意上那儿去,我情愿——可我们又不得不去——我是说,我根本就不喜欢去,我不是珀西。”他最后一句话说得斩钉截铁。
“我知道你不是。”哈利说着咧开嘴笑了。但是当赫敏和罗恩拖着箱子、抱着克鲁克山、拎着小猪的笼子朝火车头的方向走去时,哈利还是有了一种奇怪的失落感。以前每次乘坐霍格沃茨特快列车,他都是跟罗恩在一起的。
“走吧,”金妮对他说,“如果我们抓紧时间,还能为他们占到座位呢。”
“好吧。”哈利说,一只手提起海德薇的笼子,另一只手抓住箱子把手。他们在过道里艰难地行走着,一边透过玻璃门朝一间间包厢里张望,里面都已经坐满了人。哈利不由自主地注意到,许多人都在怀着极大的兴趣盯着他看,有几个人还用胳膊肘捅捅坐在旁边的人,对他指指点点。接连五节车厢都是这种情况,他这才想起《预言家日报》整个夏天都在告诉读者,他是怎样一个谎话连篇、特别爱卖弄的人。他郁闷地想,不知这些一边盯着他看、一边交头接耳的人是不是相信了那些谎言。
In the very last carriage they met Neville Longbottom, Harry's fellow fifth-year Gryffindor, his round face shining with the effort of pulling his trunk along and maintaining a one-handed grip on his struggling toad, Trevor.
'Hi, Harry,' he panted. 'Hi, Ginny . . . everywhere's full . . . I can't find a seat . . . '
'What are you talking about?' said Ginny, who had squeezed past Neville to peer into the compartment behind him. There's room in this one, there's only Loony Lovegood in here - '
Neville mumbled something about not wanting to disturb anyone.
'Don't be silly,' said Ginny, laughing, 'she's all right.'
She slid the door open and pulled her trunk inside. Harry and Neville followed.
'Hi, Luna.' said Ginny, 'is it OK if we take these seats?'
The girl beside the window looked up. She had straggly, waist-length, dirty blonde hair, very pale eyebrows and protuberant eyes that gave her a permanently surprised look. Harry knew at once why Neville had chosen to pass this compartment by. The girl gave oil an aura of distinct dottiness. Perhaps it was the fact that she had stuck her wand behind her left ear for safekeeping, or that she had chosen to wear a necklace of Butterbeer corks, or that she was reading a magazine upside-down. Her eyes ranged over Neville and came to rest on Harry. She nodded.
在最后一节车厢里,他们遇到了纳威·隆巴顿,他是哈利在格兰芬多五年级的同学。因为使劲拖着箱子,同时还要用一只手紧紧抓住他那只不断挣扎的蟾蜍莱福,纳威圆圆的脸上满是汗水。
“嘿,哈利,”他气喘吁吁地说,“嘿,金妮……到处都满了……我找不到座位……”
“你在说什么呀?”金妮从纳威身边挤过去,朝他身后的包厢里张望一眼,说道,“这里面还有地方呢,只有疯姑娘洛夫古德一个人——”
纳威嘟囔了一句什么,似乎是不想去打扰别人。
“别傻了,”金妮大笑着说,“她没事儿的。”
她把门拉开,拖着箱子走进了包厢。哈利和纳威也跟了进去。
“你好,卢娜,”金妮说,“我们可以坐这些座位吗?”
坐在窗边的那个姑娘抬起了头。她长着一头乱蓬蓬、脏兮兮、长达腰际的金黄色头发,眉毛颜色非常浅,两只眼睛向外凸出,这使她老有一种吃惊的表情。哈利立刻明白为什么纳威情愿放过这间包厢了。这姑娘身上明显地透着一种疯疯癫癫的劲儿。这也许是因为她为了保险起见,居然把魔杖插在了左耳朵后面,或者是因为她居然戴着一串用黄油啤酒的软木塞串成的项链,或者是因为她读杂志时居然把杂志拿颠倒了。她的目光扫过纳威落在哈利身上。她点了点头。
'Thanks,' said Ginny, smiling at her.
Harry and Neville stowed the three trunks and Hedwig's cage in the luggage rack and sat down. Luna watched them over her upside-down magazine, which was called The Quibbler. She did not seem to need to blink as much as normal humans. She stared and stared at Harry, who had taken the seat opposite her and now wished he hadn't.
'Had a good summer, Luna?' Ginny asked.
'Yes,' said Luna dreamily, without taking her eyes off Harry. 'Yes, it was quite enjoyable, you know. You're Harry Potter,' she added.
'I know I am,' said Harry.
Neville chuckled. Luna turned her pale eyes on him instead.
'And I don't know who you are.'
'I'm nobody,' said Neville hurriedly.
'No you're not,' said Ginny sharply. 'Neville Longbottom - Luna Lovegood. Luna's in my year, but in Ravenclaw.'
'Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure,' said Luna in a singsong voice.
“谢谢。”金妮说着对她微微一笑。
哈利和纳威把三只箱子和海德薇的笼子放在行李架上,然后坐了下来。卢娜从颠倒的杂志上望着他们,那本杂志的名字是《唱唱反调》。她似乎不像普通人那样需要经常眨眼睛,只是一个劲儿地盯着哈利看。哈利坐在她的对面,现在后悔不迭。
“暑假过得好吗,卢娜?”金妮问。
“是啊,”卢娜恍恍惚惚地说,眼睛仍然死死盯着哈利,“是啊,过得挺愉快的。你是哈利·波特。”她紧跟着说了一句。
“这我知道。”哈利说。
纳威哧哧地笑了。卢娜把浅色的眼睛转向了他。
“我不知道你是谁。”
“我是个小人物。”纳威赶紧说道。
“不,才不是呢,”金妮尖锐地说,“纳威·隆巴顿——这是卢娜·洛夫古德。卢娜和我同级,但在拉文克劳。”
“过人的聪明才智是男人最大的财富。”卢娜用唱歌般的声音说。
She raised her upside-down magazine high enough to hide her face and fell silent. Harry and Neville looked at each other with their eyebrows raised. Ginny suppressed a giggle.
The train rattled onwards, speeding them out into open country. It was an odd, unsettled sort of day; one moment the carriage was full of sunlight and the next they were passing beneath ominously grey clouds.
'Guess what I got for my birthday?' said Neville.
'Another Remembrall?' said Harry, remembering the marble-like device Neville's grandmother had sent him in an effort to improve his abysmal memory.
'No,' said Neville. 'I could do with one, though, I lost the old one ages ago . . . no, look at this . . .'
He dug the hand that was not keeping a firm grip on Trevor into his schoolbag and after a little bit of rummaging pulled out what appeared to be a small grey cactus in a pot, except that it was covered with what looked like boils rather than spines.
'Mimbulus mimbletonia,' he said proudly.
Harry stared at the thing. It was pulsating slightly, giving it the rather sinister look of some diseased internal organ.
'It's really, really rare,' said Neville, beaming. 'I don't know if there's one in the greenhouse at Hogwarts, even. I can't wait to show it to Professor Sprout. My Great Uncle Algie got it for me in Assyria. I'm going to see if I can breed from it.'
Harry knew that Neville's favourite subject was Herbology but for the life of him he could not see what he would want with this stunted little plant.
她高高举起那本颠倒的杂志挡住自己的脸,不再出声了。哈利和纳威扬起眉毛互相望望。金妮强忍着不让自己咯咯笑出声来。
火车哐啷哐啷地往前开,把他们带到了空旷的乡村。这真是古怪的、变幻无常的一天。一会儿车厢里洒满阳光,一会儿又是天色阴沉,乌云密布。
“猜猜我生日得到了什么礼物?”纳威说。
“又是一个记忆球?”哈利说,他想起了纳威的奶奶为了改善纳威那糟糕透顶的记忆力,曾给他捎来的那个大理石般的玩意儿。
“不是,”纳威说道,“我有一个就够了,不过那个旧的我已经丢了好久了……不是,看看这个……”
他一只手紧紧攥着莱福,另一只手伸进书包翻找了一会儿,掏出一样东西,像是一棵栽在盆里的灰色小仙人掌,但上面不是长满了刺,而是布满一个个疖子般的东西。
“米布米宝。”他得意地说。
哈利瞪着那东西。它在微微地跳动,看上去像一个病变的内脏器官,让人感到不祥。
“这是非常、非常希罕的,”纳威满脸放光地说,“就连霍格沃茨的温室里都不一定有呢。我真想现在就拿给斯普劳特教授看。这是我伯父阿尔吉从亚述③给我弄来的。我想看看我能不能培植它。”
哈利知道纳威最喜欢的一门课就是草药学,但是他怎么也弄不明白要这种发育不良的小植物有什么用。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表