QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 2997|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 chapter 9(下)

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-1-9 09:47:09 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
'Well, I think I'll sort out that Boggart before I turn in . . . Arthur, I don't want this lot up too late, all right? Night, Harry, dear.'
She left the kitchen. Harry set down his plate and wondered whether he could follow her without attracting attention.
'You all right, Potter?' grunted Moody.
'Yeah, fine,' lied Harry.
Moody took a swig from his hipflask, his electric-blue eye staring sideways at Harry.
'Come here, I've got something that might interest you,' he said.
From an inner pocket of his robes Moody pulled a very tattered old wizarding photograph.
'Original Order of the Phoenix,' growled Moody. 'Found it last night when I was looking for my spare Invisibility Cloak, seeing as Podmore hasn't had the manners to return my best one . . . thought people might like to see it.'
Harry took the photograph. A small crowd of people, some waving at him, others lifting their glasses, looked back up at him.
“好了,我先去把那个博格特弄出来再上床睡觉……亚瑟,我不希望这些人闹得太晚,好吗?晚安,哈利,亲爱的。”
她说完就离开了厨房。哈利把盘子放在桌上,不知道能不能神不知鬼不觉地跟她一起离去。
“你没事吧,波特?”穆迪瓮声瓮气地问。
“没事呀,挺好的。”哈利没说实话。
穆迪对着他的弧形酒壶喝了一大口,那只电光蓝色的魔眼斜过来望着哈利。
“来吧,我这儿有件东西,你可能会感兴趣。”他说。
穆迪从长袍里面的口袋里掏出一张很破旧的魔法照片。
“最初的凤凰社,”穆迪声音低沉地说,“昨天晚上找我那件备用的隐形衣时发现的,看来波德摩不太懂规矩,不打算把我最好的那件还给我了……我想可能有人愿意看看。”
哈利接过照片,上面有一小群人抬头望着他,有的朝他挥手致意,有的举起手里的酒杯。
'There's me,' said Moody, unnecessarily pointing at himself. The Moody in the picture was unmistakeable, though his hair was slightly less grey and his nose was intact. 'And there's Dumbledore beside me, Dedalus Diggle on the other side . . . that's Marlene McKinnon, she was killed two weeks after this was taken, they got her whole family. That's Frank and Alice Longbottom - '
Harry's stomach, already uncomfortable, clenched as he looked at Alice Longbottom; he knew her round, friendly face very well, even though he had never met her, because she was the image of her son, Neville.
' - poor devils,' growled Moody. 'Better dead than what happened to them . . . and that's Emmeline Vance, you've met her, and that there's Lupin, obviously . . . Benjy Fenwick, he copped it too, we only ever found bits of him . . . shift aside there,' he added, poking the picture, and the little photographic people edged sideways, so that those who were partially obscured could move to the front.
'That's Edgar Bones . . . brother of Amelia Bones, they got him and his family, too, he was a great wizard . . . Sturgis Podmore, blimey, he looks young . . . Caradoc Dearborn, vanished six months after this, we never found his body . . . Hagrid, of course, looks exactly the same as ever . . . Elphias Doge, you've met him, I'd forgotten he used to wear that stupid hat . . . Gideon Prewett, it took five Death Eaters to kill him and his brother Fabian, they fought like heroes . . . budge along, budge along . . .'
The little people in the photograph jostled among themselves and those hidden right at the back appeared at the forefront of the picture.
“这是我。”穆迪指着自己说,其实这毫无必要。照片上的穆迪是不可能认错的,尽管他那会儿头发不像现在这么白,鼻子也完好无损。“我旁边是邓布利多,另一边是德达洛·迪歌……这是马琳·麦金农,拍完这张照片两个星期后,她就被杀害了,他们还把她全家都抓了去。那是弗兰克·隆巴顿和艾丽斯·隆巴顿——”
哈利心里本来就不舒服,现在望着艾丽斯·隆巴顿,心里更是一阵发紧。他尽管从没见过她,却非常熟悉她那张圆圆的、充满友善的脸,因为她儿子纳威和她长得一模一样。
“——可怜的人,”穆迪粗声粗气地说,“死了也比遭那份罪强……这是爱米琳·万斯,你见过她的,这个显然是卢平……本吉·芬威克,他也遭了不幸,我们只找到了他的部分尸体……往旁边挪挪。”他用手碰碰照片,上面的小人儿都朝旁边移去,让那些本来被遮住的人挪到了前面。
“那是埃德加·博恩斯……阿米莉亚·博恩斯的哥哥,他们也抓走了他的全家,他是个很了不起的巫师……斯多吉·波德摩,天哪,他看上去真年轻……卡拉多克·迪尔伯恩,照片拍完后六个月就失踪了,一直没有找到他的尸体……海格,这不用说了,看上去还是这副老样子……埃非亚斯·多吉,你见过的,我都忘记他以前老戴着那顶傻乎乎的帽子……吉迪翁·普威特,动用了五个食死徒才将他和他弟弟费比安杀死,他们战斗得英勇顽强……且战且退,且战且退……”
照片上的小人儿挤在一起,让那些隐藏在后面的人出现在画面前。
That's Dumbledore's brother Aberforth, only time I ever met him, strange bloke . . . that's Dorcas Meadowes, Voldemort killed her personally . . . Sirius, when he still had short hair . . . and . . . there you go, thought that would interest you!'
Harry's heart turned over. His mother and father were beaming up at him, sitting on either side of a small, watery-eyed man whom Harry recognised at once as Wormtail, the one who had betrayed his parents' whereabouts to Voldemort and so helped to bring about their deaths.
'Eh?' said Moody.
Harry looked up into Moody s heavily scarred and pitted face. Evidently Moody was under the impression he had just given Harry a bit of a treat.
'Yeah,' said Harry, once again attempting to grin. 'Er . . . listen, I've just remembered, I haven't packed my . . .'
He was spared the trouble of inventing an object he had not packed. Sirius had just said, 'What's that you've got there, Mad-Eye?' and Moody had turned towards him. Harry crossed the kitchen, slipped through the door and up the stairs before anyone could call him back.
He did not know why it had been such a shock; he had seen pictures of his parents before, after all, and he had met Wormtail . . . but to have them sprung on him like that, when he was least expecting it . . . no one would like that, he thought angrily . . .
“这是邓布利多的弟弟阿不福思,我只见过他那一次,是个奇怪的家伙……这是多卡斯·梅多斯,伏地魔亲手杀害了她……小天狼星,那时候他还留着短头发……还有……就是这些,我想你可能会有兴趣!”
哈利心里像打翻了五味瓶。他的妈妈和爸爸笑眯眯地望着他,他们俩中间坐着一个眼睛水汪汪的小个子男人,哈利一眼就认了出来,那是虫尾巴,就是他向伏地魔告发了哈利父母的下落,造成了他们俩的惨死。
“嗯?”穆迪说。
哈利抬头看着穆迪伤痕累累、坑坑洼洼的脸。显然,穆迪还以为自己给了哈利一件很希罕的好东西呢。
“不错,”哈利说,又一次想勉强挤出一个笑容,“嗯……对了,我刚想起来,我忘记收拾我的……”
他用不着绞尽脑汁编造一个他忘记收拾的东西了,因为小天狼星正好说道:“你在那儿做什么,疯眼汉?”穆迪转身朝那边望去。哈利赶紧走向厨房那头,不等有人来得及把他叫回去,就轻手轻脚地出了房门向楼上走去。
他不知道他为什么感到如此震惊。其实他以前看见过爸爸妈妈的照片,还亲眼看见过虫尾巴……可是他们在他最不防备的时候那样突然地跳到他面前……谁都不会喜欢的,他生气地想……
And then, to see them surrounded by all those other happy faces . . . Benjy Fenwick, who had been found in bits, and Gideon Prewett, who had died like a hero, and the Longbottoms, who had been tortured into madness . . . all waving happily out of the photograph forever more, not knowing that they were doomed . . . well, Moody might find that interesting . . . he, Harry, found it disturbing . . .
Harry tiptoed up the stairs in the hall past the stuffed elf-heads, glad to be on his own again, but as he approached the first landing he heard noises. Someone was sobbing in the drawing room.
'Hello?' Harry said.
There was no answer but the sobbing continued. He climbed the remaining stairs two at a time, walked across the landing and opened the drawing-room door.
Someone was cowering against the dark wall, her wand in her hand, her whole body shaking with sobs. Sprawled on the dusty old carpet in a patch of moonlight, clearly dead, was Ron.
All the air seemed to vanish from Harry's lungs; he felt as though he were falling through the floor; his brain turned icy cold - Ron dead, no, it couldn't be - '
But wait a moment, it couldn't be - Ron was downstairs -
'Mrs Weasley?' Harry croaked.
还有,看见他们周围所有那些愉快的面孔……本吉·芬威克,只找到一些尸体的残片,吉迪翁·普威特,像英雄一样勇敢战死,还有隆巴顿夫妇,被折磨成了疯子……他们都永远在照片上愉快地挥着手,谁也不知道前面等着他们的厄运……唉,穆迪大概会觉得这很有趣……他,哈利,觉得这让人心神不安……
哈利踮着脚尖走上门厅的楼梯,走过那些挤在一起的家养小精灵的脑袋,他很高兴终于可以一个人清静一会儿了,可是就在他走近二楼的楼梯平台时他听见了一个声音。有人在客厅里哭泣。 “喂?”哈利说。
没有人回答,哭泣声在继续。他一步两级地走完最后几级楼梯,走过平台,推开了客厅的门。
有一个人蜷缩在黑暗的墙边,手里拿着魔杖,哭得整个身体都在颤抖。而四肢伸展着躺在灰扑扑的旧地毯上,躺在皎洁的月光下的,正是罗恩,显然已经死了。
哈利一下子觉得肺里的空气似乎都被吸空了,他觉得自己正朝着地板下面坠落,大脑里一片冰冷——罗恩死了,不,这不可能——
可是等一等,这不可能呀——罗恩在楼下呢——
“韦斯莱夫人?”哈利哑着嗓子说。
'R - r - riddikulus!' Mrs Weasley sobbed, pointing her shaking wand at Ron's body.
Crack,
Ron's body turned into Bill's, spread-eagled on his back, his eyes wide open and empty. Mrs Weasley sobbed harder than ever.
'R - riddikulus!' she sobbed again.
Crack.
Mr Weasley's body replaced Bill's, his glasses askew, a trickle of blood running down his face.
'No!' Mrs Weasley moaned. 'No . . . riddikulus! Riddikulus! RID-DIKULUS!'
Crack. Dead twins. Crack. Dead Percy. Crack. Dead Harry . . .
'Mrs Weasley, just get out of here!' shouted Harry, staring down at his own dead body on the floor. 'Let someone else - '
'What's going on?'
Lupin had come running into the room, closely followed by Sirius, with Moody stumping along behind them. Lupin looked from Mrs Weasley to the dead Harry on the floor and seemed to understand in an instant. Pulling out his own wand, he said, very firmly and clearly:
'Riddikulus!'
“滑——滑——滑稽滑稽!”韦斯莱夫人啜泣着说,用颤抖的魔杖指着罗恩的尸体。
啪!
罗恩的尸体变成比尔的,伸展四肢仰面躺着,空洞失神的眼睛睁得大大的。韦斯莱夫人哭得比刚才更厉害了。
“滑——滑稽滑稽!”她又抽抽搭搭地说。
啪!
韦斯莱先生的尸体取代了比尔的,眼镜歪在一边,一道鲜血从脸上流下来。
“不!”韦斯莱夫人呻吟道,“不……滑稽滑稽!滑稽滑稽!滑稽滑稽!”
啪!死去的双胞胎。啪!死去的珀西。啪!死去的哈利……
“韦斯莱夫人,赶紧离开这里!”哈利瞪着地板上他自己的尸体喊道,“让别人——”
“出什么事了?”
卢平跑进了房间,后面紧跟着小天狼星,穆迪拖着沉重的脚步也来了。卢平望望韦斯莱夫人,又望望地板上哈利的尸体,似乎一下子全明白了。他拔出自己的魔杖,清清楚楚、毫不含糊地说:
“滑稽滑稽!”
Harry's body vanished. A silvery orb hung in the air over the spot where it had lain. Lupin waved his wand once more and the orb vanished in a puff of smoke.
'Oh - oh - oh!' gulped Mrs Weasley, and she broke into a storm of crying, her face in her hands.
'Molly' said Lupin bleakly, walking over to her. 'Molly don't . . .'
Next second, she was sobbing her heart out on Lupin's shoulder.
'Molly it was just a Boggart,' he said soothingly, patting her on the head. 'Just a stupid Boggart . , .'
'I see them d - d - dead all the time!' Mrs Weasley moaned into his shoulder. 'All the t - t - time! I d - d - dream about it . . .'
Sirius was staring at the patch of carpet where the Boggart, pretending to be Harry's body, had lain. Moody was looking at Harry, who avoided his gaze. He had a funny feeling Moody's magical eye had followed him all the way out of the kitchen.
'D - d - don't tell Arthur,' Mrs Weasley was gulping now, mopping her eyes frantically with her cuffs. 'I d - d - don't want him to know . . . being silly . . .'
Lupin handed her a handkerchief and she blew her nose.
哈利的尸体不见了。一个银色的圆球悬浮在尸体刚才躺着的上空。卢平又挥了一下魔杖,圆球化成一股烟雾消失了。
“哦——哦——哦!”韦斯莱夫人抽噎着,然后突然用手捂住了脸,号啕大哭。
“莫丽,”卢平忧郁地说,一边朝她走去,“莫丽,不要……”
一眨眼间,她扑在卢平的肩膀上,哭得伤心欲绝。
“莫丽,那只是一个博格特,”卢平拍着她的脑袋,安慰她道,“是一个愚蠢的博格特……”
“我总是看见他们死——死——死了!”韦斯莱夫人靠在他的肩膀上抽泣着说,“总是看——看见!做——做梦也梦见……”
小天狼星盯着刚才博格特装成哈利的尸体躺过的地方。穆迪看着哈利,哈利则躲避着他的目光。他有一种奇怪的感觉,似乎穆迪的那只带魔法的眼睛一直追随着他走出了厨房。
“不——不——不要告诉亚瑟,”韦斯莱夫人这时忍住呜咽,用袖口使劲地擦着眼睛,“我不——不——不想让他知道……我这么傻……”
卢平递给她一块手帕,她擤了擤鼻子。
'Harry, I'm so sorry. What must you think of me?' she said shakily. 'Not even able to get rid of a Boggart . . .'
'Don't be stupid,' said Harry, trying to smile.
'I'm just s - s - so worried,' she said, tears spilling out of her eyes again. 'Half the f - f - family's in the Order, it'll b - b - be a miracle if we all come through this . . . and P - P - Percy's not talking to us . . . what if something d-d - dreadful happens and we've never m - m - made it up with him? And what's going to happen if Arthur and I get killed, who's g - g - going to look after Ron and Ginny?'
'Molly, that's enough,' said Lupin firmly. This isn't like last time. The Order are better prepared, we've got a head start, we know what Voldemort's up to - '
Mrs Weasley gave a little squeak of fright at the sound of the name.
'Oh, Molly, come on, it's about time you got used to hearing his name - look, I can't promise no one's going to get hurt, nobody can promise that, but we're much better off than we were last time. You weren't in the Order then, you don't understand. Last time we were outnumbered twenty to one by the Death Eaters and they were picking us off one by one . . .'
Harry thought of the photograph again, of his parents' beaming faces. He knew Moody was still watching him.
“哈利,真对不起。你会怎么看我呢?”她声音颤抖地说,“连一个博格特都对付不了……”
“别说傻话了。”哈利说,想勉强露出一点儿笑容。
“我只是太——太——太担心了,”她说,眼泪又从眼睛里扑簌簌地滚落下来,“家——家——家里一半的人都在凤凰社里,除非出现奇迹我们才都会死里逃生……珀——珀——珀西不跟我们说话了……如果发生了可——可——可怕的事情,我们永远没有机会跟——跟——跟他和解怎么办呢?如果亚瑟和我被杀害了,那可如何是好呢,谁会来照——照——照顾罗恩和金妮呢?”
“莫丽,够了。”卢平果断地说,“这和上次不一样。现在凤凰社的组织更加严密,我们有了一个有利的开端,知道伏地魔打算做什么——”
韦斯莱夫人一听见那个名字,惊恐地发出了一声尖叫。
“哦,莫丽,勇敢点儿,现在你应该习惯听到他的名字了——听着,我没法保证不会有人受到伤害,谁也不可能保证这一点,但我们的情况比上次好得多。你那时候不在凤凰社里,你不明白。上次食死徒的人数是我们的二十倍,他们是把我们一个一个地干掉的……”
哈利又想起了那张照片,想起了他爸爸妈妈洋溢着欢笑的脸。他知道穆迪还在注视着他。
'Don't worry about Percy,' said Sirius abruptly. 'He'll come round. It's only a matter of time before Voldemort moves into the open; once he does, the whole Ministry's going to be begging us to forgive them. And I'm not sure I'll be accepting their apology,' he added bitterly.
'And as for who's going to look after Ron and Ginny if you and Arthur died,' said Lupin, smiling slightly, 'what do you think we'd do, let them starve?'
Mrs Weasley smiled tremulously.
'Being silly,' she muttered again, mopping her eyes.
But Harry, closing his bedroom door behind him some ten minutes later, could not think Mrs Weasley silly. He could still see his parents beaming up at him from the battered old photograph, unaware that their lives, like so many of those around them, were drawing to a close. The image of the Boggart posing as the corpse of each member of Mrs Weasley's family in turn kept flashing before his eyes.
Without warning, the scar on his forehead seared with pain again and his stomach churned horribly.
'Cut it out,' he said firmly, rubbing the scar as the pain receded.
'First sign of madness, talking to your own head,' said a sly voice from the empty picture on the wall.
Harry ignored it. He felt older than he had ever felt in his life and it seemed extraordinary to him that barely an hour ago he had been worried about a joke shop and who had got a prefects badge.
“不要担心珀西,”小天狼星突然说道,“他会回心转意的。伏地魔总有一天会暴露他的真面目,到那个时候,整个魔法部都会请求我们原谅他们。而我还不知道会不会接受他们的道歉呢。”他又尖刻地添上最后一句。
“至于如果你和亚瑟遇害了,由谁来照顾罗恩和金妮,”卢平微微带笑地说道,“你以为我们会怎么做,会让他们饿肚子吗?”
韦斯莱夫人颤抖地笑了笑。
“真是太傻了。”她又低声说了一句,擦了擦眼睛。
可是十分钟后,当哈利反手关上卧室的房门时,他无法认为韦斯莱夫人是在犯傻。他仍然能够看见他爸爸妈妈从那张破烂的旧照片上笑眯眯地望着他,他们像周围的那么多人一样,浑然不知他们的生命就要终结。哈利眼前不断闪现着博格特轮番变出韦斯莱夫人家每个人的尸体的景象。
突然,他额头上的伤疤一阵剧痛,胃里也翻腾开了。
“停下!”他坚决地说,一边揉着伤疤,疼痛减轻了。
“疯狂的第一个迹象,就是自己跟自己说话。”墙上那张空白画里一个诡秘的声音说道。
哈利没去理它。他感到自己一下子长大了很多,以前从没有过这种感觉,可就在一个小时前,他还在担心笑话商店的事,担心谁得到了级长的徽章,这使他觉得不可思议。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表