QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 3229|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 9(上)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-12-19 10:12:29 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
Ron did not answer. Harry looked round. Ron was standing very still with his mouth slightly open, gaping at his letter from Hogwarts.
'What's the matter?' said Fred impatiently, moving around Ron to look over his shoulder at the parchment.
Fred's mouth fell open, too.
'Prefect?' he said, staring incredulously at the letter. 'Prefect?'
George leapt forwards, seized the envelope in Ron's other hand and turned it upside-down. Harry saw something scarlet and gold fall into George's palm.
'No way,' said George in a hushed voice.
'There's been a mistake,' said Fred, snatching the letter out of Ron's grasp and holding it up to the light as though checking for a watermark. 'No one in their right mind would make Ron a prefect.'
The twins' heads turned in unison and both of them stared at Harry.
'We thought you were a cert!' said Fred, in a tone that suggested Harry had tricked them in some way.
'We thought Dumbledore was bound to pick you!' said George indignantly.
'Winning the Triwizard and everything!' said Fred.
罗恩没有回答。哈利转过头一看,罗恩一动不动地站在那里,嘴巴微张,呆呆地望着霍格沃茨给他的那封信。
“怎么回事呀?”弗雷德不耐烦地问,一边绕到罗恩身后,从他肩膀上探头望着那张羊皮纸。
弗雷德也吃惊地张大了嘴巴。
“级长?”他不敢相信地瞪着那封信,说道,“级长?”
乔治冲上前,一把抢过罗恩另一只手里的信封,把它倒了过来。哈利看见一个红色和金色的东西掉进了乔治的手心。
“不可能。”乔治压低声音说。
“肯定是弄错了,”弗雷德把信从罗恩手里一把抢了过去,高高举在光线底下,似乎要检查上面的水印,“头脑正常的人,谁会选罗恩当级长呢?”
双胞胎的脑袋齐刷刷地转了过来,四只眼睛同时盯着哈利。
“我们还以为肯定是你呢!”弗雷德说,听他的口气,好像哈利在某种程度上欺骗了他们似的。
“我们以为邓布利多肯定会选你!”乔治愤愤不平地说。
“赢得了三强争霸赛,做了那么多事!”弗雷德说。
'I suppose all the mad stuff must've counted against him,' said George to Fred.
'Yeah,' said Fred slowly. 'Yeah, you've caused too much trouble, mate. Well, at least one of you's got their priorities right.'
He strode over to Harry and clapped him on the back while giving Ron a scathing look.
'Prefect . . . ickle Ronnie the Prefect.'
'Ohh, Mum's going to be revolting,' groaned George, thrusting the prefect badge back at Ron as though it might contaminate him.
Ron, who still had not said a word, took the badge, stared at it for a moment, then held it out to Harry as though asking mutely for confirmation that it was genuine. Harry took it. A large 'P' was superimposed on the Gryffindor lion. He had seen a badge just like this on Percy's chest on his very first day at Hogwarts.
The door banged open. Hermione came tearing into the room, her cheeks flushed and her hair flying. There was an envelope in her hand.
'Did you - did you get - ?'
She spotted the badge in Harry's hand and let out a shriek.
'I knew it!' she said excitedly, brandishing her letter. 'Me too, Harry, me too!'
'No,' said Harry quickly, pushing the badge back into Ron's hand. 'It's Ron, not me.'
'It - what?'
“我猜想肯定是那些离奇的话拖了他的后腿。”乔治对弗雷德说。
“是啊,”弗雷德慢吞吞地说道,“是啊,你制造的麻烦太多了,哥们儿。嘿,至少你们俩中间有一个人被他们优先考虑到了。”
他大步走到哈利身边,拍了拍他的后背,同时朝罗恩刻薄地瞪了一眼。
“级长……小罗尼当上了级长。”
“哦哦,妈妈肯定要令人恶心了。”乔治唉声叹气地说,把级长的徽章塞进罗恩手里,好像生怕它会玷污了自己似的。
罗恩仍然一句话也没有说,只是接过徽章呆呆地望了一会儿,然后递过来给哈利,似乎在无声地请求哈利证实徽章是货真价实的。哈利接了过来。格兰芬多的狮子身上镶着一个大大的字母“P”字。他在进入霍格沃茨的第一天,曾在珀西的胸前看见过一个这样的徽章。
砰的一声,门被推开了,赫敏一头冲进房间,脸上红通通的,头发都飘了起来。她手里拿着一个信封。
“你——你得到了——?”
她一眼看到哈利手里的徽章,发出一声尖叫。
“我早就知道!”她兴奋地说,挥舞着手里的信封,“我也是,哈利,我也是!”
“不,”哈利赶紧说道,把徽章塞还到罗恩手里,“是罗恩,不是我。”
“是——什么?”
'Ron's prefect, not me,' Harry said.
'Ron?' said Hermione, her jaw dropping. 'But . . . are you sure? I mean - '
She turned red as Ron looked round at her with a defiant expression on his lace.
'It's my name on the letter,' he said.
'I . . .' said Hermione, looking thoroughly bewildered. 'I . . . well . . . wow! Well done, Ron! That's really - '
'Unexpected,' said George, nodding.
'No,' said Hermione, blushing harder than ever, 'no it's not . . . Ron's done loads of . . . he's really . . .'
The door behind her opened a little wider and Mrs Weasley bucked into the room carrying a pile of freshly laundered robes.
'Ginny said the booklists had come at last,' she said, glancing around at all the envelopes as she made her way over to the bed and started sorting the robes into two piles. 'If you give them to me I'll take them over to Diagon Alley this afternoon and get your books while you're packing. Ron, I'll have to get you more pyjamas, these are at least six inches too short, I can't believe how fast you're growing . . . what colour would you like?'
'Get him red and gold to match his badge,' said George, smirking.
“罗恩是级长,不是我。”哈利说。
“罗恩?”赫敏说,吃惊得嘴巴都合不拢了,“可是……你能肯定吗?我是说——”
这时罗恩转过脸望着她,脸上带着一副挑衅的表情,她的脸腾地红了。
“信上是我的名字。”他说。
“我……”赫敏说,似乎完全被弄糊涂了,“我……好吧……哇!罗恩,太棒了!这真是——”
“没有想到。”乔治说着点了点头。
“不是,”赫敏说,脸红得比刚才更厉害了,“不,不是的……罗恩也做了许多……他真的很……”
她身后的房门又被推开了一点儿,韦斯莱夫人抱着一堆刚洗干净的衣服后退着走了进来。
“金妮说书目终于来了。”她说着扫了一眼大家手里的信封,一边朝床边走去,然后开始把衣服分成两堆,“如果你们把书目给我,我今天下午就到对角巷去给你们把书买来,你们在家收拾行李。罗恩,我要给你再买一套睡衣,这一套短了至少六英寸,真不敢相信你怎么长得这么快……你想要什么颜色的?”
“给他买红色和金色相间的,配他的徽章。”乔治坏笑着说。
'Match his what?' said Mrs Weasley absently, rolling up a pair of maroon socks and placing them on Ron's pile.
'His badge,' said Fred, with the air of getting the worst over quickly. 'His lovely shiny new prefect's badge.'
Fred's words took a moment to penetrate Mrs Weasley's preoccupation with pyjamas.
'His . . . but . . . Ron, you're not . . .?'
Ron held up his badge.
Mrs Weasley let out a shriek just like Hermione's.
'I don't believe it! I don't believe it! Oh, Ron, how wonderful! A prefect! That's everyone in the family!'
'What are Fred and I, next-door neighbours?' said George indignantly, as his mother pushed him aside and flung her arms around her youngest son.
'Wait until your father hears! Ron, I'm so proud of you, what wonderful news, you could end up Head Boy just like Bill and Percy, it's the first step! Oh, what a thing to happen in the middle of all this worry, I'm just thrilled, oh, Ronnie - '
Fred and George were both making loud retching noises behind her back but Mrs Weasley did not notice; arms tight around Ron's neck, she was kissing him all over his face, which had turned a brighter scarlet than his badge.
“配他的什么?”韦斯莱夫人心不在焉地说,卷起一双褐紫色的袜子放在罗恩的那堆衣服上。
“他的徽章,”弗雷德说道,似乎长痛不如短痛,索性一口气都说了出来,“他那可爱的、崭新的、闪闪发亮的级长徽章。”
韦斯莱夫人脑子里还在想着睡衣,过了好一会儿才明白了弗雷德的话。
“他的……可是……罗恩,你该不是……?”
罗恩举起了他的徽章。
韦斯莱夫人发出一声尖叫,跟赫敏刚才一模一样。
“我真不敢相信!我真不敢相信!哦,罗恩,真是太棒了!级长!家里的每个人都是级长!”
“弗雷德和我算什么?隔壁邻居吗?”乔治愤愤不平地说,他母亲把他推到一边,张开双臂搂住了她最小的儿子。
“你父亲听说了该有多高兴啊!罗恩,我真是太为你感到骄傲了,多么令人高兴的消息,你以后可能会像比尔和珀西一样当上男生学生会主席呢,这是第一步啊!哦,最近烦心事这么多,没想到有了这么一个大喜讯,我真是太激动了,哦,罗尼——”
弗雷德和乔治都在韦斯莱夫人后面发出很响的干呕声,但韦斯莱夫人没有注意到。她用胳膊紧紧搂住罗恩的脖子,在他脸上左一下右一下地亲着,罗恩的脸涨得比他的徽章还要鲜红耀眼。
'Mum . . . don't . . . Mum, get a grip . . .' he muttered, trying to push her away.
She let go of him and said breathlessly, 'Well, what will it be? We gave Percy an owl, but you've already got one, of course.'
'W-what do you mean?' said Ron, looking as though he did not dare believe his ears.
'You've got to have a reward for this!' said Mrs Weasley fondly. 'How about a nice new set of dress robes?'
'We've already bought him some,' said Fred sourly, who looked as though he sincerely regretted this generosity.
'Or a new cauldron, Charlie's old one's rusting through, or a new rat, you always liked Scabbers -
'Mum,' said Ron hopefully, 'can I have a new broom?'
Mrs Weasley's face fell slightly; broomsticks were expensive.
'Not a really good one!' Ron hastened to add. 'Just - just a new one for a change , . .'
Mrs Weasley hesitated, then smiled.
“妈妈……不要……妈妈,控制一下……”他喃喃地说,拼命想把她推开。
韦斯莱夫人放开了他,气喘吁吁地说:“那么,想要什么呢?我们给了珀西一只猫头鹰,可是当然啦,你已经有一只了。”
“你——你说什么?”罗恩说,似乎不敢相信自己的耳朵。
“你必须因此得到奖励!”韦斯莱夫人慈爱地说,“一套漂亮的新礼袍怎么样?”
“我们已经给他买了一套了。”弗雷德没好气地说,看样子他从心底里懊悔他的这份慷慨。
“或者一只新坩埚,查理的那只旧坩埚已经生满了锈,或者一只新老鼠,你以前一直那么喜欢斑斑——”
“妈妈,”罗恩满怀希望地说,“我能得到一把新扫帚吗?”
韦斯莱夫人的脸微微沉了沉,飞天扫帚是很贵的。
“不要特别好的!”罗恩赶紧说道,“只要——只要一把新的就行,换换口味……”
韦斯莱夫人犹豫了一下,然后笑了。
'Of course you can . . . well, I'd better get going if I've got a broom to buy too. I'll see you all later . . . little Ronnie, a prefect! And don't forget to pack your trunks . . . a prefect . . . oh, I'm all of a dither!'
She gave Ron yet another kiss on the cheek, sniffed loudly, and bustled from the room.
Fred and George exchanged looks.
'You don't mind if we don't kiss you, do you, Ron?' said Fred in a falsely anxious voice.
'We could curtsey, if you like,' said George.
'Oh, shut up,' said Ron, scowling at them.
'Or what?' said Fred, an evil grin spreading across his face. 'Going to put us in detention?'
'I'd love to see him try' sniggered George.
'He could if you don't watch out!' said Hermione angrily.
Fred and George burst out laughing, and Ron muttered, 'Drop it, Hermione.'
“当然可以,好了,我怎么也得走了,还要买一把扫帚呢。我们待会儿再见……小罗尼,级长!你们别忘了收拾箱子……级长……哦,我真是太高兴了!”
她又在罗恩的脸上亲了一口,很响地抽了抽鼻子,匆匆忙忙地走出了房间。
弗雷德和乔治交换了一下目光。
“我们不亲你,你不介意吧,罗恩?”弗雷德装出一种诚惶诚恐的声音问。
“如果你愿意,我们可以行屈膝礼。”乔治说。
“哦,闭嘴!”罗恩说,气呼呼地瞪着他们。
“不然就怎么样?”弗雷德说,脸上露出一副坏笑,“要关我们禁闭吗?”
“我倒想看看他敢不敢呢。”乔治哧哧笑着说。
“如果你们不小心点儿,他就能!”赫敏气愤地说。
弗雷德和乔治哈哈大笑,罗恩低声说:“别这么说,赫敏。”
'We're going to have to watch our step, George,' said Fred, pretending to tremble, 'with these two on our case . . .'
'Yeah, it looks like our law-breaking days are finally over,' said Cieorge, shaking his head.
And with another loud crack, the twins Disapparated.
'Those two!' said Hermione furiously, staring up at the ceiling, through which they could now hear Fred and George roaring with laughter in the room upstairs. 'Don't pay any attention to them, Ron, they're only jealous!'
'I don't think they are,' said Ron doubtfully, also looking up at the ceiling. They've always said only prats become prefects . . . still,' he added on a happier note, 'they've never had new brooms! I wish I could go with Mum and choose . . . she'll never be able to afford a Nimbus, but there's the new Cleansweep out, that'd be great . . . yeah, I think I'll go and tell her I like the Cleansweep, just so she knows . . .'
He dashed from the room, leaving Harry and Hermione alone.
For some reason, Harry found he did not want to look at Hermione. He turned to his bed, picked up the pile of clean robes Mrs Weasley had laid on it and crossed the room to his trunk.
'Harry?' said Hermione tentatively.
“乔治,我们以后可得多加小心了,”弗雷德假装浑身发抖地说道,“有这两个人盯着我们……”
“是啊,我们违法乱纪的日子眼看就要结束了。”乔治说着摇了摇头。
随着又一声震耳欲聋的“啪”,一对双胞胎幻影移形了。
“这两个人!”赫敏气恼地说,抬眼望着天花板,他们可以听见弗雷德和乔治在楼上的房间里放声大笑,“别理睬他们,罗恩,他们只是在嫉妒!”
“我认为不是的,”罗恩怀疑地说,也抬头望着天花板,“他们总是说,只有傻瓜才会当级长……不过,”他的语气又高兴起来,“他们从来没有得到过新扫帚!真希望我能跟妈妈一起去,亲自挑选……她肯定买不起‘光轮’,但现在有新款的‘横扫’上市了,那肯定很棒……对啊,我想我得去告诉她,我要‘横扫’,这样她就知道了……”
他一头冲出房间,把哈利和赫敏撇在身后。
不知怎的,哈利发现自己不愿意看着赫敏。他转身走到床边,抱起韦斯莱夫人刚才放在上面的那堆干净衣服,朝房间那头他的箱子走去。
“哈利?”赫敏迟疑不决地说。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表