QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 2892|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 9(上)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-12-12 10:53:29 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
Mrs Weasley was wiping her face on her apron, and Fred, George and Ginny were doing a kind of war dance to a chant that went: 'He got off, he got off, he got off . . .'
That's enough! Settle down!' shouted Mr Weasley, though he too was smiling. 'Listen, Sirius, Lucius Malfoy was at the Ministry - '
'What?' said Sirius sharply.
'He got off, he got off, he got off . . .'
'Be quiet, you three! Yes, we saw him talking to Fudge on Level Nine, then they went up to Fudge's office together. Dumbledore ought to know.'
'Absolutely,' said Sirius. 'We'll tell him, don't worry.'
'Well, I'd better get going, there's a vomiting toilet waiting for me in Bethnal Green. Molly, I'll be late, I'm covering for Tonks, but Kingsley might be dropping in for dinner - '
'He got off, he got off, he got off . . .'
That's enough - Fred - George - Ginny!' said Mrs Weasley, as Mr Weasley left the kitchen. 'Harry, dear, come and sit down, have some lunch, you hardly ate breakfast.'
韦斯莱夫人正用她的围裙擦眼泪,弗雷德、乔治和金妮跳起了一种战舞,嘴里一遍又一遍地唱道:“他没事啦,他没事啦,他没事啦……”
“够了!安静一点!”韦斯莱先生喊道,但他脸上也笑眯眯的,“听着,小天狼星,卢修斯·马尔福也在部里——”
“什么?”小天狼星警觉地问。
“他没事啦,没事啦,没事啦,没事啦……”
“安静,安静,你们三个!是的,我们看见他在九楼跟福吉说话,然后他们一起进了福吉的办公室。这事儿应该让邓布利多知道。”
“一点不错,”小天狼星说,“我们会告诉他的,不要担心。”
“好了,我得走了,贝斯纳绿地还有一间正在呕吐的厕所等着我呢。莫丽,我大概会晚点儿回来,我要替换唐克斯,不过金斯莱可能过来吃晚饭——”
“他没事啦,没事啦,没事啦,没事啦……”
“够了——弗雷德——乔治——金妮!”韦斯莱先生走出厨房后,韦斯莱夫人说道,“哈利,亲爱的,过来坐下吃点午饭吧,你早饭几乎没怎么吃。”
Ron and Hermione sat themselves down opposite him, looking happier than they had done since he had first arrived at Grimmauld Place, and Harry's feeling of giddy relief, which had been somewhat dented by his encounter with Lucius Malfoy, swelled again. The gloomy house seemed warmer and more welcoming all of a sudden; even Kreacher looked less ugly as he poked his snoutlike nose into the kitchen to investigate the source of all the noise.
'Course, once Dumbledore turned up on your side, there was no way they were going to convict you,' said Ron happily, now dishing great mounds of mashed potato on to everyone's plates.
'Yeah, he swung it for me,' said Harry. He felt it would sound highly ungrateful, not to mention childish, to say, 'I wish he'd talked to me, though. Or even looked at me.'
And as he thought this, the scar on his forehead burned so badlyt:hat he clapped his hand to it..
'What's up?' said Hermione, looking alarmed.
'Scar,' Harry mumbled. 'But it's nothing . . . it happens all the time now . . .'
None of the others had noticed a thing; all of them were now helping themselves to food while gloating over Harry's narrow escape; Fred, George and Ginny were still singing. Hermione looked rather anxious, but before she could say anything, Ron had said happily, 'I bet Dumbledore turns up this evening, to celebrate with us, you know.'
罗恩和赫敏坐在哈利对面,看上去比他刚到格里莫广场的那天还要高兴。哈利心头那份令他感到晕眩的如释重负的感觉,曾经因为与卢修斯·马尔福狭路相逢而受到了一点影响,现在又重新在心里激荡起来。突然之间,这座昏暗阴森的房子显得是那么温暖、那么热情好客。就连克利切把脑袋探进厨房、看看这里闹哄哄的在做什么时,他那猪鼻子般的大鼻子也不显得那么难看了。
“只要邓布利多出面支持你,他们就不可能给你定罪,这是不用说的。”罗恩兴高采烈地说,一边把大块大块的土豆泥分进每人的盘子里。
“是啊,他帮我摆平了这件事。”哈利说。他觉得如果自己现在说“我希望他跟我说两句话,哪怕看我一眼也好”,会显得很不知好歹,更不用说是多么幼稚了。
想到这里,他额头上的伤疤突然一阵剧痛,他赶紧伸手捂住了它。
“怎么啦?”赫敏问,显得很惊慌。
“伤疤,”哈利含混地说,“没关系……现在经常有这种情况……”
其他人谁都没有注意到。这会儿他们都在一边动手盛饭菜,一边为哈利的侥幸脱身而欢欣鼓舞。弗雷德、乔治和金妮还在唱歌。赫敏看上去忧心忡忡,但没等她再说什么,罗恩就开心地说:“我猜邓布利多今晚肯定会来,你知道的,跟我们一块儿庆祝呀。”
'Don't think he'll be able to, Ron,' said Mrs Weasley, setting a huge plate of roast chicken down in front of Harry. 'He's really very busy at the moment.'
'HE GOT OFF, HE GOT OFF. HE GOT OFF'
'SHUT UP!' roared Mrs Weasley.
Over the next few days Harry could not help noticing that there was one person within number twelve, Grimmauld Place, who did not seem wholly overjoyed that he would be returning to Hogwarts. Sirius had put up a very good show of happiness on first hearing the news, wringing Harry's hand and beaming just like the rest of them. Soon, however, he was moodier and surlier than before, talking less to everybody, even Harry, and spending increasing amounts of time shut up in his mother's room with Buckbeak.
'Don't you go feeling guilty!' said Hermione sternly, after Harry had confided some of his feelings to her and Ron while they scrubbed out a mouldy cupboard on the third floor a few days later. 'You belong at Hogwarts and Sirius knows it. Personally, I think he's being selfish.'
'That's a bit harsh, Hermione,' said Ron, frowning as he attempted to prise off a bit of mould that had attached itself firmly to his finger, 'you wouldn't want to be stuck inside this house without any company.'
'He'll have company!' said Hermione. 'It's Headquarters to the Order of the Phoenix, isn't it? He just got his hopes up that Harry would be coming to live here with him.'
'I don't think that's true,' said Harry, wringing out his cloth. 'He wouldn't give me a straight answer when I asked him if I could.'
'He just didn't want to get his own hopes up even more,' said Hermione wisely. 'And he probably felt a bit guilty himself, because I think a part of him was really hoping you'd be expelled. Then you'd both be outcasts together.'
“我想他可能来不了,罗恩,”韦斯莱夫人说着,把一大盘烤鸡放在哈利面前,“他眼下确实忙得够呛。”
“他没事啦,没事啦,没事啦……”
“闭嘴!”韦斯莱夫人大吼一声。
在接下来的几天里,哈利不由自主地注意到格里莫广场12号里有一个人似乎对他能够重返霍格沃茨并不十分高兴。最初听到这个消息时,小天狼星表现出非常喜悦的样子,紧紧地攥住了哈利的手,像其他人一样满脸喜色。可是,没过多久,他就变得比以前还要沉闷、忧郁,话越来越少了,甚至跟哈利也没有几句话可说,他把自己关在他母亲房间里的时间越来越多,只与巴克比克为伴。
“你不要觉得内疚!”赫敏斩钉截铁地说。这已是几天以后,他们三个在四楼擦洗一个发霉的小橱时,哈利把自己内心的想法透露给了她和罗恩,“你属于霍格沃茨,小天狼星知道这一点。我个人认为,他这样很自私。”
“这么说太尖刻了。”罗恩一边说一边皱着眉头,使劲刮掉一块牢牢粘在他手指上的霉斑,“换了你你也不愿意困在这个房子里,没有人做伴。”
“会有人跟他做伴的!”赫敏说,“这里是凤凰社的指挥部,是不是?他只是心里起了希望,觉得哈利可能会过来和他住在一起。”
“我认为不是这样的。”哈利拧干抹布说道,“当我问他我能不能住在这里时,他都不肯直截了当地回答我。”
“他只是不想让自己的希望变得更强烈。”赫敏显得很有见解地说,“他大概自己也感到有点内疚,因为我想他心里确实在隐约地希望你被开除。然后你们俩就都是被驱逐的人了。”
'Come off it!' said Harry and Ron together, but Hermione merely shrugged.
'Suit yourselves. But I sometimes think Ron's mum's right and Sirius gets confused about whether you're you or your father, Harry.'
'So you think he's touched in the head?' said Harry heatedly.
'No, I just think he's been very lonely for a long time,' said Hermione simply.
At this point, Mrs Weasley entered the bedroom behind them.
'Still not finished?' she said, poking her head into the cupboard.
'I thought you might be here to tell us to have a break!' said Ron bitterly. 'D'you know how much mould we've got rid of since we arrived here?'
'You were so keen to help the Order,' said Mrs Weasley, 'you can do your bit by making Headquarters fit to live in.'
'I feel like a house-elf,' grumbled Ron.
'Well, now you understand what dreadful lives they lead, perhaps you'll be a bit more active in SPEW!' said Hermione hopefully, as Mrs Weasley left them to it. 'You know, maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to show people exactly how horrible it is to clean all the time - we could do a sponsored scrub of Gryffindor common room, all proceeds to SPEW, it would raise awareness as well as funds.'
'I'll sponsor you to shut up about SPEW,' Ron muttered irritably, but only so Harry could hear him.
“别胡说了!”哈利和罗恩异口同声地说,赫敏只是耸了耸肩膀。
“随你们怎么想吧。但我有时认为罗恩的妈妈说得对,哈利,小天狼星确实搞不清你到底是你还是你父亲。”
“这么说你认为他头脑有点儿不正常?”哈利恼火地问。
“不是,我只是认为他很长时间来一直很孤独。”赫敏简单地说。
就在这时,韦斯莱夫人走进了他们身后的卧室。
“还没有弄完吗?”她说着把脑袋探进了小橱。
“我还以为你会过来叫我们休息一会儿呢!”罗恩气呼呼地说,“你知道我们来这里已经清除多少霉菌了吗?”
“你们这么热心想帮助凤凰社,”韦斯莱夫人说,“把指挥部打扫得能够住人也算是你们的一份贡献嘛。”
“我觉得自己像个家养小精灵。”罗恩嘟囔道。
“是啊,现在你该明白他们过着多么悲惨的生活了吧,也许你会更积极地对待S.P.E. W.了!”赫敏满怀希望地说,韦斯莱夫人径自走开了。“你们知道吗,让人们体会到从早到晚都在打扫卫生是多么可怕,这个主意倒不坏——我们可以发起一个打扫格兰芬多公共休息室的活动,所有的收益都归S.P.E.W.,这样不仅可以筹集资金,还能提高人们的觉悟。”
“我拜托你别再谈什么‘呕吐’了。”罗恩不耐烦地咕哝道,但声音很低,只有哈利能听见。
Harry found himself daydreaming about Hogwarts more and more as the end of the holidays approached; he could not wait to see Hagrid again, to play Quidditch, even to stroll across the vegetable patches to the Herbology greenhouses; it would be a treat just to leave this dusty, musty house, where half of the cupboards were still bolted shut and Kreacher wheezed insults out of the shadows as you passed, though Harry was careful not to say any of this within earshot of Sirius.
The fact as that living at the Headquarters of the anti-Voldemort movement was not nearly as interesting or exciting as Harry would have expected before he'd experienced it. Though members of the Order of the Phoenix came and went regularly, sometimes staying for meals, sometimes only for a few minutes of whispered conversation, Mrs Weasley made sure that Harry and the others were kept well out of earshot (whether Extendable or normal) and nobody, not even Sirius, seemed to feel that Harry needed to know anything more than he had heard on the night of his arrival.
On the very last day of the holidays Harry was sweeping up Hedwig's owl droppings from the top of the wardrobe when Ron entered their bedroom carrying a couple of envelopes.
'Booklists have arrived,' he said, throwing one of the envelopes up to Harry, who was standing on a chair. 'About time, I thought they'd forgotten, they usually come much earlier than this . . .'
Harry swept the last of the droppings into a rubbish bag and threw the bag over Ron's head into the wastepaper basket in the corner, which swallowed it and belched loudly. He then opened his letter. It contained two pieces of parchment: one the usual reminder that term started on the first of September; the other telling him which books he would need for the coming year.
随着假期即将结束,哈利发现自己一天比一天更想念霍格沃茨了。他迫不及待地想看到海格,想打魁地奇球,甚至想穿过菜地走向草药课的温室。离开这座肮脏、腐臭的老房子真是太让人愉快了,这里还有一半的橱柜都锁得紧紧的,克利切总在你经过时躲在阴影里恶声恶气地谩骂,不过哈利得留心不在小天狼星能听见的地方说这些抱怨的话。
事实上,住在反伏地魔的总指挥部里,一点儿也不像哈利原先想像的那样有趣,那样激动人心。尽管凤凰社的成员定期出出进进,有时留下来吃饭,有时则只停留几分钟,说几句悄悄话,但韦斯莱夫人确保不让哈利和其他人(无论是用人耳还是伸缩耳) 听到任何消息。没有一个人认为哈利除了刚来的那天晚上听到的那些,还需要知道更多的事情,就连小天狼星也是这样想的。
假期最后一天,哈利正在清扫衣柜顶上海德薇的粪便,罗恩拿着两个信封走进了卧室。
“书目来了。”他说,把一个信封扔给了站在椅子上的哈利,“也该来了,我还以为他们忘记了呢,往年早就来了……”
哈利把最后一点粪便扫进一只垃圾袋,然后从罗恩的头顶上把袋子扔进墙角的废纸篓。废纸篓吞下垃圾袋,大声打起嗝来。哈利这才拆开他的信,里面有两张羊皮纸:一张照例是提醒他9月1日开学,另一张告诉他下一学年需要哪些书。
'Only two new ones,' he said, reading the list, The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 5, by Miranda Goshawk, and Defensive Magical Theory, by Wilbert Slinkhard.'
Crack.
Fred and George Apparated right beside Harry. He was so used to them doing this by now that he didn't even fall off his chair.
'We were just wondering who set the Slinkhard book,' said Fred conversationally
'Because it means Dumbledore's found a new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher,' said George.
'And about time too,' said Fred.
'What d'you mean?' Harry asked, jumping down beside them.
Well, we overheard Mum and Dad talking on the Extendable Ears a few weeks back,' Fred told Harry, 'and from what they were saying, Dumbledore was having real trouble finding anyone to do the job this year.'
'Not surprising, is it, when you look at what's happened to the last four?' said George.
'One sacked, one dead, one's memory removed and one locked in a trunk for nine months,' said Harry, counting them off on his fingers. 'Yeah, I see what you mean.'
'What's up with you, Ron?' asked Fred.
“只有两本新书,”他读着那张单子说道,“《标准咒语(五级) 》,米兰达·戈沙克著,和《魔法防御理论》,威尔伯特·斯林卡著。”
啪!
弗雷德和乔治幻影显形,突然出现在哈利身边。他现在对他们这一套已经习以为常,不会再被吓得从椅子上摔下来。
“我们正在纳闷是谁订下斯林卡的那本书的。”弗雷德很温和地说。
“因为这就意味着邓布利多找到黑魔法防御术课的新老师了。”乔治说。
“也该找到了。”弗雷德说。
“这是什么意思?”哈利一边问一边跳下来落在他们旁边。
“噢,几个星期前,我们用伸缩耳偷听了妈妈和爸爸的谈话。”弗雷德告诉哈利,“从他们的谈话中可以听出,邓布利多为了找到一个这学年能胜任这份工作的人,可是费尽了周折。”
“你看看以前那四个老师的遭遇,就觉得这并不奇怪了,是吧?”乔治说。
“一个被开除了,一个死了,一个被消除了记忆,还有一个被锁在箱子里整整九个月。”哈利掰着指头一个个地数,“是啊,我明白你们的意思了。”
“罗恩,你怎么啦?”弗雷德问。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表