只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 2873|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 6(下)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-9-5 14:10:41 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
'Stand up straight,' said Sirius impatiently. 'Now, what are you up to?'
'Kreacher is cleaning,' the elf repeated. 'Kreacher lives to serve lie Noble House of Black - '
'And it's getting blacker every day, it's filthy,' said Sirius.
'Master always liked his little joke,' said Kreacher, bowing again, and continuing in an undertone, 'Master was a nasty ungrateful swine who broke his mother's heart - '
'My mother didn't have a heart, Kreacher,' snapped Sirius. 'She kept herself alive out of pure spite.'
Kreacher bowed again as he spoke.
'Whatever Master says,' he muttered furiously. 'Master is not fit to wipe slime from his mother's boots, oh, my poor mistress, what would she say if she saw Kreacher serving him, how she hated him, what a disappointment he was - '
'I asked you what you were up to,' said Sirius coldly. 'Every time you show up pretending to be cleaning, you sneak something off to your room so we can't throw it out.'
“快站起来,”小天狼星不耐烦地说,“好了,你想做什么?”
“克利切在打扫卫生,”小精灵又说了一遍,“克利切终生为高贵的布莱克家族效力——”
“可是房子一天比一天黑暗,它太脏了。”小天狼星说。
“少爷总是喜欢开点儿小玩笑,”克利切说着又鞠了一躬,随即压低声音念叨开了,“少爷是个讨厌的、忘恩负义的下流坯,伤透了他母亲的心——”
“我母亲没有心,克利切,”小天狼星没好气地说,“她完全是靠怨恨维持生命的。”
克利切说话时又鞠了一躬。
“不管少爷怎么说,”他愤愤不平地嘟哝道,“少爷连给他母亲擦鞋底都不配,哦,我可怜的女主人啊,如果他看见克利切在服侍少爷会怎么说呢,女主人是多么恨他啊,他多么令人失望——”
“我问你到底打算做什么。”小天狼星冷冷地说,“每次你出来假装打扫卫生,可是把什么东西都偷偷拿到你的房间,不让我们扔掉。”
'Kreacher would never move anything from its proper place in Master's house,' said the elf, then muttered very fast, 'Mistress would never forgive Kreacher if the tapestry was thrown out, seven centuries it's been in the family, Kreacher must save it, Kreacher will not let Master and the blood traitors and the brats destroy it - '
'I thought it might be that,' said Sirius, casting a disdainful look at the opposite wall. 'She'll have put another Permanent Sticking Charm on the back of it, I don't doubt, but if I can get rid of it I certainly will. Now go away, Kreacher.'
It seemed that Kreacher did not dare disobey a direct order; nevertheless, the look he gave Sirius as he shuffled out past him was full of deepest loathing and he muttered all the way out of the room.
' - comes back from Azkaban ordering Kreacher around, oh, my poor mistress, what would she say if she saw the house now, scum living in it, her treasures thrown out, she swore he was no son of hers and he's back, they say he's a murderer too - '
'Keep muttering and I will be a murderer!' said Sirius irritably as he slammed the door shut on the elf.
'Sirius, he's not right in the head,' Hermione pleaded, 'I don't think he realises we can hear him.'
'He's been alone too long,' said Sirius, 'taking mad orders from my mothers portrait and talking to himself, but he was always a foul little - '
'If you could just set him free,' said Hermione hopefully, 'maybe - '
“克利切永远不会把少爷家里的任何东西从合适的地方拿走。”小精灵说,然后又很快地念叨起来,“如果挂毯被扔掉了,女主人永远都不会原谅克利切,挂毯在这个家里已经有七个世纪了,克利切一定要保住它,克利切决不让少爷,还有那些杂种、败类和小崽子把挂毯毁掉——”
“我就知道是这么回事。”小天狼星说,朝对面墙上投去轻蔑的一瞥,“她会在挂毯后面再念一个永久粘贴咒,对此我毫不怀疑,但是如果我能够摆脱它,我决不会犹豫。好了,你走吧,克利切。”
克利切似乎不敢违抗直接的命令,不过,当他拖着两只脚走出去时,他投给小天狼星的目光充满了刻骨铭心的憎恨,而且他走出房间时嘴里一直念念有词。
“——从阿兹卡班回来,倒对克利切指手画脚了,哦,我可怜的女主人埃如果她看到房子变成这样,会说什么呢,卑鄙小人住了进来,她的宝贝被扔了出去,她发誓不认他这个儿子的,如今他又回来了,据说他还是个杀人犯——”
“你再念叨,我就真的要杀人啦!”小天狼星烦躁地说,对着小精灵把门重重地关上了。
“小天狼星,他的脑子不正常,”赫敏恳求道,“我想他并不知道我们能听见他的话。”
“他独自待的时间太长了,”小天狼星说,“从我母亲的肖像里接受了一些疯疯癫癫的命令,自己对自己说话,不过他以前就是一个可恶的小——”
“如果你放他自由呢,”赫敏抱有希望地说,“说不定——”
'We can't set him free, he knows too much about the Order; said Sirius curtly. 'And anyway, the shock would kill him. You suggest to him that he leaves this house, see how he takes it.'
Sirius walked across the room to where the tapestry Kreacher had been trying to protect hung the length of the wall. Harry and the others followed.
The tapestry looked immensely old; it was laded and looked as though Doxys had gnawed it in places. Nevertheless, the golden thread with which it was embroidered still glinted brightly enough to show them a sprawling family tree dating back (as far as Harry could tell) to the Middle Ages. Large words at the very top of the tapestry read:
The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black
Toujours pur'
'You're not on here!' said Harry, after scanning the bottom of the tree closely.
'I used to be there,' said Sirius, pointing at a small, round, charred hole in the tapestry, rather like a cigarette burn. 'My sweet old mother blasted me off after I ran away from home - Kreacher's quite fond of muttering the story under his breath.'
'You ran away from home?'
'When I was about sixteen,' said Sirius. 'I'd had enough.'
'Where did you go?' asked Harry, staring at him.
“我们不能放他自由,他对凤凰社的事情知道得太多了。”小天狼星粗暴地说,“而且,不管怎么说,那份惊吓也会要了他的命。你突然对他提出要他离开这个家,看看他会有什么反应。”
小天狼星走到房间那头,克利切千方百计地要保护的那个挂毯覆盖着整面墙壁。哈利和其他人跟了过去。
挂毯看上去很旧很旧了,颜色已经暗淡,似乎狐猸子把好几处都咬坏了。不过,上面绣的金线仍然闪闪发亮,他们清楚地看到了一幅枝枝蔓蔓的家谱图,一直可以追溯到(就哈利所知)中世纪。挂毯顶上绣着几个大字:高贵的最古老的布莱克家族永远纯洁。
“你不在上面!”哈利看了看家谱最底下一行说道。
“曾经在上面的。”小天狼星说着指了指挂毯上一个焦黑的小圆洞,像是被香烟烧焦的痕迹,“我从家里逃走之后,我亲爱的老母亲就把我销毁了——克利切很喜欢低声念叨这个故事。”
“你从家里逃走?”
“那年我大约十六岁,”小天狼星说,“我受够了。”
“你去了哪儿?”哈利盯着他问道。
'Your dad's place,' said Sirius. 'Your grandparents were really good about it; they sort of adopted me as a second son. Yeah, I camped out at your dads in the school holidays, and when I was seventeen I got a place of my own. My Uncle Alphard had left me a decent bit of gold - he's been wiped off here, too, that's probably why - anyway, after that I looked after myself. I was always welcome at Mr and Mrs Potters for Sunday lunch, though.'
'But . . . why did you . . .?'
'Leave?' Sirius smiled bitterly and ran his fingers through his long, unkempt hair. 'Because I hated the whole lot of them: my parents, with their pure-blood mania, convinced that to be a Black made you practically royal . . . my idiot brother, soft enough to believe them . . . that's him.'
Sirius jabbed a finger at the very bottom of the tree, at the name 'Regulus Black'. A date of death (some fifteen years previously) followed the date of birth.
'He was younger than me,' said Sirius, 'and a much better son, as I was constantly reminded.'
'But he died,' said Harry.
'Yeah,' said Sirius. 'Stupid idiot . . . he joined the Death Eaters.'
'You're kidding!'
“你爸爸家里,”小天狼星说,“你的爷爷奶奶非常善解人意,他们差不多把我当成了第二个儿子。是啊,学校放假时,我就暂时住在你爸爸家里,到了十七岁,我就自己找了个地方。我叔叔阿尔法德给我留下了数量可观的金子——他也从这里被清除出去了,大概就是因为这个——反正,从那以后,我就自己照顾自己了,不过,波特先生和夫人总是欢迎我每个星期六到他们家吃饭。”
“可是——你为什么——?”
“离家出走?”小天狼星苦笑一下,用手梳理着他乱蓬蓬的长发,“因为我讨厌他们所有的人。我的父母,疯狂地痴迷纯正血统,他们相信,身为布莱克家的人,天生就是高贵的——我那个傻瓜弟弟,性情太软弱,居然相信了他们的话——那就是他。”
小天狼星伸出一个手指,指了指家谱图最下面的一个名字:雷古勒斯·布莱克。在出生日期后面有一个死亡日期(大约在十五年前)。
“他比我小,”小天狼星说道,“不断地有人提醒我,他这个儿子比我强得多。”
“可是他死了。”哈利说。
“是啊,”小天狼星说,“愚蠢的白痴——他加入了食死徒的行列。”
“你在开玩笑吧!”

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表