只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 2612|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 5(上)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-7-4 10:30:00 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
'Your - ?'
'My dear old mum, yeah,' said Sirius. 'We've been trying to get her down for a month but we think she put a Permanent. Sticking Charm on the back of the canvas. Lets get downstairs, quick, before they all wake up again.'
'But what's a portrait of your mother doing here?' Harry asked, bewildered, as they went through the door from the hall and led the way down a flight of narrow stone steps, the others just behind them.
'Hasn't anyone told you? This was my parents' house,' said Sirius. 'But I'm the last Black left, so it's mine now. I offered it to Dumbledore for Headquarters - about the only useful thing I've been able to do.'
Harry, who had expected a better welcome, noted how hard and bitter Sirius's voice sounded. He followed his godfather to the bottom of the steps and through a door leading into the basement kitchen.
It was scarcely less gloomy than the hall above, a cavernous room with rough stone walls. Most of the light was coming from a large fire at the far end of the room. A haze of pipe smoke hung in the air like battle fumes, through which loomed the menacing shapes of heavy iron pots and pans hanging from the dark ceiling.
Many chairs had been crammed into the room for the meeting and a long wooden table stood in the middle of them, littered with rolls of parchment, goblets, empty wine bottles, and a heap of what appeared to be rags. Mr Weasley and his eldest son Bill were talking quietly with their heads together at the end of the table.
“你的——?”
“是啊,我亲爱的好妈妈。”小天狼星说,“一个月来,我们一直想把她弄下来,但她似乎在帆布后面念了一个永久粘贴咒。我们下楼去吧,快点儿,别等他们又醒过来。”
“可是你母亲的肖像放在这里做什么?”哈利疑惑地问,这时他们已经穿过那扇门出了门厅,正顺着一道狭窄的石头台阶往下走,其他人都跟在后面。
“没人告诉过你吗?这是我父母的房子。”小天狼星说,“但布莱克家族就剩下我一个人了,所以这房子现在归我所有。我把它交给邓布利多当指挥部——我能做的大概也就这点有用的事情了。”
哈利原来以为他会得到比较热情的欢迎,却发现小天狼星说话的口气是那么生硬、冷漠。他跟着教父走到楼梯底下,穿过一道门,进入了地下室的厨房。
这里几乎和上面的门厅里一样昏暗,一个洞穴般幽深的房间,四周是粗糙的石头墙壁。大部分光线都来自房间那头的一个大壁炉。管子里冒出的烟雾弥漫在空气中,如同战场上的硝烟,黑乎乎的天花板上挂下来的沉甸甸的铁锅铁盆,在烟雾中显得面目狰狞,阴森可怖。
因为开会,房间里摆满了许多椅子,中间是一张长长的木头桌子,桌上散乱地放着羊皮纸卷、高脚酒杯、空酒瓶和一堆看上去像是破布的东西。韦斯莱先生和他的长子比尔坐在桌子那一头,脑袋凑在一起小声说着什么。
Mrs Weasley cleared her throat. Her husband, a thin, balding, red-haired man who wore horn-rimmed glasses, looked around and jumped to his feet.
'Harry!' Mr Weasley said, hurrying forward to greet him, and shaking his hand vigorously. 'Good to see you!'
Over his shoulder Harry saw Bill, who still wore his long hair in a ponytail, hastily rolling up the lengths of parchment left on the table.
'Journey all right, Harry?' Bill called, trying to gather up twelve scrolls at once. 'Mad-Eye didn't make you come via Greenland, then?'
'He tried,' said Tonks, striding over to help Bill and immediately toppling a candle on to the last piece of parchment. 'Oh no - sorry - '
'Here, dear,' said Mrs Weasley, sounding exasperated, and she repaired the parchment with a wave of her wand. In the flash of light caused by Mrs Weasley's charm Harry caught a glimpse of what looked like the plan of a building.
Mrs Weasley had seen him looking. She snatched the plan off the table and stuffed it into Bill's already overladen arms.
This sort of thing ought to be cleared away promptly at the end of meetings,' she snapped, before sweeping off towards an ancient dresser from which she started unloading dinner plates.
Bill took out his wand, muttered, 'Evanesce!' and the scrolls vanished.
'Sit down, Harry' said Sirius. 'You've met Mundungus, haven't you?'
韦斯莱夫人清了清嗓子。她的丈夫,一个秃顶、红发、戴着角质架眼镜的瘦男人抬头望了望,赶紧站了起来。
“哈利!”韦斯莱先生说,三步并作两步走过来迎接他,热情地同他握手,“见到你真是太高兴了!”
哈利的目光越过他的肩头,看见比尔匆匆卷起留在桌上的羊皮纸,他脑袋后面仍然扎着长长的马尾辫。
“路上还顺利吧,哈利?”比尔大声问道,同时试着一下子抱起了十二卷羊皮纸,“这么说,疯眼汉没有让你取道格陵兰岛过来?”
“他想这么做来着,”唐克斯快步走过去想帮比尔一把,但转眼间就把一根蜡烛碰倒在最后一卷羊皮纸上,“哦,糟糕——对不起——”
“没关系,亲爱的。”韦斯莱夫人说,声音显得有点恼火。她一挥魔杖,把羊皮纸修复好了。韦斯莱夫人念咒时闪过一道亮光,哈利瞥见那纸上好像是一座建筑物的平面图。
韦斯莱夫人发现哈利在看,赶紧把平面图从桌上抓起来,塞进比尔已经不堪重负的怀里。
“这些东西应该会议一结束就赶紧收起来。”她厉声地说,然后快步走向一个很古老的碗橱,从里面拿出晚餐的盘子。
比尔抽出他的魔杖,低声说了一句:“消隐无踪!”那些羊皮纸卷一下子就不见了。
“坐下吧,哈利,”小天狼星说,“你已经见过蒙顿格斯了,是不是?”
The thing Harry had taken to be a pile of rags gave a prolonged, grunting snore, then jerked awake.
'Some'n say m'name?' Mundungus mumbled sleepily. 'I agree with Sirius . . .' He raised a very grubby hand in the air as though voting, his droopy, bloodshot eyes unfocused.
Ginny giggled.
The meeting's over, Dung,' said Sirius, as they all sat down around him at the table. 'Harry's arrived.'
'Eh?' said Mundungus, peering bale fully at Harry through his matted ginger hair. 'Blimey, so 'e 'as. Yeah . . . you all right, 'Airy?'
'Yeah,' said Harry.
Mundungus fumbled nervously in his pockets, still staring at Harry, and pulled out a grimy black pipe. He stuck it in his mouth, ignited the end of it with his wand and took a deep pull on it. Great billowing clouds of greenish smoke obscured him within seconds.
'Owe you a 'pology,' grunted a voice from the middle of the smelly cloud.
'For the last time, Mundungus,' called Mrs Weasley, 'will you please not smoke that thing in the kitchen, especially not when we're about to eat!'
'Ah,' said Mundungus. 'Right. Sorry, Molly.'
哈利刚才以为是一堆破布的东西,这时发出一声长长的呼噜呼噜的鼾声,猛地惊醒过来。
“是谁在说我的名字?”蒙顿格斯迷迷糊糊地嘟哝道,“我同意小天狼星的——”他高高举起一只脏兮兮的手,像是要投票表决,那双眼皮耷拉的、充血的眼睛茫然地瞪着。
金妮咯咯地笑了。
“会议结束了,顿格。”小天狼星说,他们都围着蒙顿格斯在桌旁坐下,“哈利来了。”
“嗯?”蒙顿格斯说,目光透过乱糟糟的姜黄色头发痛苦地望着哈利,“天哪,他来了。没错——你好吗,哈利?”
“挺好的。”哈利说。
蒙顿格斯局促不安地在几个口袋里摸索着,但眼睛仍然盯着哈利,最后他掏出一个满是污垢的黑烟斗。他把烟斗塞进嘴里,用魔杖把它点燃,深深地吸了一口。几秒钟后,大股大股泛着绿色的烟雾就把他包围了。
“我得向你道歉。”一个声音从那团臭烘烘的烟雾中间嘟哝着说。
“我最后再提醒你一次,蒙顿格斯,”韦斯莱夫人大声说道,“拜托,你能不能不要在厨房里抽那玩意儿,特别是我们马上就要吃饭了!”
“啊,”蒙顿格斯说,“好的。对不起,莫丽。”
The cloud of smoke vanished as Mundungus stowed his pipe back in his pocket, but an acrid smell of burning socks lingered.
'And if you want dinner before midnight I'll need a hand,' Mrs Weasley said to the room at large. 'No, you can stay where you are, Harry dear, you've had a long journey.'
'What can I do, Molly?' said Tonks enthusiastically, bounding forwards.
Mrs Weasley hesitated, looking apprehensive.
'Er - no, it's all right, Tonks, you have a rest too, you've done enough today.'
'No, no, I want to help!' said Tonks brightly, knocking over a chair as she hurried towards the dresser, from which Ginny was collecting cutlery.
Soon, a series of heavy knives were chopping meat and vegetables of their own accord, supervised by Mr Weasley, while Mrs Weasley stirred a cauldron dangling over the fire and the others took out plates, more goblets and food from the pantry. Harry was left at the table with Sirius and Mundungus, who was still blinking at him mournfully.
蒙顿格斯把烟斗重新塞进口袋,烟雾散去了,但那股袜子烧焦的刺鼻气味儿迟迟没有散荆
“如果你们想在午夜之前吃到晚饭,就需要有人来帮我一把。”韦斯莱夫人对房间里所有的人说,“不,你坐在那里别动,啥利,亲爱的,你刚经过长途旅行。”
“我能做点什么,莫丽?”唐克斯热情洋溢地说,跳起来冲了过去。
韦斯莱夫人迟疑着,显得心有余悸。“嗯——不用,没事儿,唐克斯,你也休息一会儿吧,今天你已经做了不少了。”
“不,不,我想帮帮你!”唐克斯欢快地说,匆匆奔向金妮正在拿餐具的碗橱,不留神撞翻了一把椅子。
很快,一套沉甸甸的刀子就在韦斯莱先生的监督下,开始自动切肉剁菜,韦斯莱夫人搅拌着一只悬挂在火上的大锅,其他人从食品储藏间拿出盘子、高脚酒杯和食物。哈利陪小天狼星和蒙顿格斯留在桌边,蒙顿格斯仍然悲哀地冲他眨巴着眼睛。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表