QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 3284|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 4(上)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-6-13 10:04:35 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
Ron was standing there with his mouth half-open, clearly stunned and at a loss for anything to say, whilst Hermione looked on the verge of tears.
'But why should i know what's going on? Why should anyone bother to tell me what's been happening?'
'Harry, we wanted to tell you, we really did - ' Hermione began.
'Can't've wanted to that much, can you, or you'd have sent me an owl, but dumbledore made you swear - '
'Well, he did - '
'Four weeks i've been stuck in privet drive, nicking papers out of bins to try and find out what's been going on - '
'We wanted to -
'I suppose you've been having a real laugh, haven't you, all holed up here together - '
'No, honest - '
'Harry, we're really sorry!' said Hermione desperately, her eyes now sparkling with tears. 'You're absolutely right, Harry - I'd be furious if it was me!'
Harry glared at her, still breathing deeply, then turned away from them again, pacing up and down. Hedwig hooted glumly from the top of the wardrobe. There was a long pause, broken only by the mournful creak of the floorboards below Harry's feet.
'What is this place, anyway?' he shot at Ron and Hermione.
'Headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix,' said Ron at once.
'Is anyone going to bother telling me what the Order of the Phoenix - ?'
'It's a secret society,' said Hermione quickly 'Dumbledore's in charge, he founded it. It's the people who fought against You-Know-Who last time.'
'Who's in it?' said Harry coming to a halt with his hands in his pockets.
'Quite a few people - '
'We've met about twenty of them,' said Ron, 'but we think there are more.'
Harry glared at them.
'Well?' he demanded, looking from one to the other.
'Er,' said Ron. 'Well what?'
'Voldemort!' said Harry furiously, and both Ron and Hermione winced. 'What's happening? What's he up to? Where is he? What are we doing to stop him?'
'We've told you, the Order don't let us in on their meetings,' said Hermione nervously 'So we don't know the details - but we've got a general idea,' she added hastily, seeing the look on Harry's face.
'Fred and George have invented Extendable Ears, see,' said Ron. They're really useful.'
'Extendable - ?'
罗恩站在那里,半张着嘴巴,目瞪口呆,完全不知道该说什么,赫敏看上去快要哭了。
“可是,我凭什么知道现在的情况呢?别人凭什么要费心告诉我正在发生什么事情呢?”
“哈利,我们是想告诉你来着,我们真的——”赫敏急切地说。
“大概也不是特别想吧,不然你们就会派一只猫头鹰给我送信了,可是邓布利多叫你们发誓——”
“是啊,他确实——”
“我被困在女贞路整整四个星期,从垃圾箱里捡报纸看,就为了弄清情况到底怎么——”
“我们想——”
“我想你们一定开心得要命,是不是,舒舒服服地一块儿藏在这里——”
“不,说老实话——”
“哈利,我们真的很抱歉!”赫敏不顾一切地说道,眼睛里已经闪着泪花,“你说得非常对,哈利——换了我也会生气的!”
哈利气冲冲地瞪着她,仍然急促地喘着粗气,然后一转身离开了他们俩,在房间里踱来踱去。海德薇在衣柜顶上闷闷不乐地尖叫着。一阵长长的沉默,只有哈利脚下的地板发出哀怨的嘎吱声。
“这里到底是什么地方?”他向罗恩和赫敏抛出这个问题。
“凤凰社。”罗恩毫不迟疑地回答。
“有没有谁能行行好,告诉我什么是凤凰社?”
“这是一个秘密社团,”赫敏赶紧说道,“由邓布利多负责,是他创建的。都是上次同神秘人作斗争的一些人。”
“里面都有谁?”哈利停住脚步,双手插在口袋里。
“有好些人呢——”
“我们见过其中二十来个,”罗恩说,“但肯定不止这些。”
哈利向他投去愤怒的目光。“然后呢?”他问道,目光从一个转向另一个。
“嗯,”罗恩说,“然后什么?”
“伏地魔!”哈利气愤地喊道,罗恩和赫敏都吓得缩起了脖子,“发生了什么事?他想干什么?他在哪儿?我们采取什么办法阻止他?”
“我们已经对你说过了,凤凰社不让我们参加他们的会议,”赫敏不安地说道,“所以一些具体细节我们也不清楚——不过我们好歹知道一点儿大概。”看到哈利脸上的表情,她赶紧补充道。
“弗雷德和乔治发明了伸缩耳,明白吗,”罗恩说,“真的很管用。”
“伸缩——?”
'Ears, yeah. Only we've had to stop using them lately because Mum found out and went berserk. Fred and George had to hide them all to stop Mum binning them. But we got a good bit of use out of them before Mum realised what was going on. We know some of the Order are following known Death Eaters, keeping tabs on them, you know - '
'Some of them are working on recruiting more people to the Order - ' said Hermione.
'And some of them are standing guard over something,' said Ron. They're always talking about guard duty.'
'Couldn't have been me, could it?' said Harry sarcastically.
'Oh, yeah,' said Ron, with a look of dawning comprehension.
Harry snorted. He walked around the room again, looking anywhere but at Ron and Hermione. 'So, what have you two been doing, if you're not allowed in meetings?' he demanded. 'You said you'd been busy.'
'We have,' said Hermione quickly. 'We've been decontaminating this house, it's been empty for ages and stuff's been breeding in here. We've managed to clean out the kitchen, most of the bedrooms and I think we're doing the drawing room tomo- AARGH!'
With two loud cracks, Fred and George, Ron's elder twin brothers, had materialised out of thin air in the middle of the room. Pigwidgeon twittered more wildly than ever and zoomed off to join Hedwig on top of the wardrobe.
'Stop doing that!' Hermione said weakly to the twins, who were as vividly red-haired as Ron, though stockier and slightly shorter.
'Hello, Harry' said George, beaming at him. 'We thought we heard your dulcet tones.'
'You don't want to bottle up your anger like that, Harry, let it all out,' said Fred, also beaming. There might be a couple of people fifty miles away who didn't hear you.'
'You two passed your Apparation tests, then?' asked Harry grumpily.
'With distinction,' said Fred, who was holding what looked like a piece of very long, flesh-coloured string.
罗恩站在那里,半张着嘴巴,目瞪口呆,完全不知道该说什么,赫敏看上去快要哭了。
“可是,我凭什么知道现在的情况呢?别人凭什么要费心告诉我正在发生什么事情呢?”
“哈利,我们是想告诉你来着,我们真的——”赫敏急切地说。
“大概也不是特别想吧,不然你们就会派一只猫头鹰给我送信了,可是邓布利多叫你们发誓——”
“是啊,他确实——”
“我被困在女贞路整整四个星期,从垃圾箱里捡报纸看,就为了弄清情况到底怎么——”
“我们想——”
“我想你们一定开心得要命,是不是,舒舒服服地一块儿藏在这里——”
“不,说老实话——”
“哈利,我们真的很抱歉!”赫敏不顾一切地说道,眼睛里已经闪着泪花,“你说得非常对,哈利——换了我也会生气的!”
哈利气冲冲地瞪着她,仍然急促地喘着粗气,然后一转身离开了他们俩,在房间里踱来踱去。海德薇在衣柜顶上闷闷不乐地尖叫着。一阵长长的沉默,只有哈利脚下的地板发出哀怨的嘎吱声。
“这里到底是什么地方?”他向罗恩和赫敏抛出这个问题。
“凤凰社。”罗恩毫不迟疑地回答。
“有没有谁能行行好,告诉我什么是凤凰社?”
“这是一个秘密社团,”赫敏赶紧说道,“由邓布利多负责,是他创建的。都是上次同神秘人作斗争的一些人。”
“里面都有谁?”哈利停住脚步,双手插在口袋里。
“有好些人呢——”
“我们见过其中二十来个,”罗恩说,“但肯定不止这些。”
哈利向他投去愤怒的目光。“然后呢?”他问道,目光从一个转向另一个。
“嗯,”罗恩说,“然后什么?”
“伏地魔!”哈利气愤地喊道,罗恩和赫敏都吓得缩起了脖子,“发生了什么事?他想干什么?他在哪儿?我们采取什么办法阻止他?”
“我们已经对你说过了,凤凰社不让我们参加他们的会议,”赫敏不安地说道,“所以一些具体细节我们也不清楚——不过我们好歹知道一点儿大概。”看到哈利脸上的表情,她赶紧补充道。
“弗雷德和乔治发明了伸缩耳,明白吗,”罗恩说,“真的很管用。”
“伸缩——?”
“伸缩耳,对呀。可是我们最近只好不用它们了,因为妈妈发现了,气得要命。弗雷德和乔治只好把它们藏了起来,免得妈妈把它们扔到垃圾箱里去。不过在妈妈发现是怎么回事之前,我们可用它们派了大用场呢。我们知道凤凰社的一些成员正在跟踪那些已暴露身份的食死徒,密切注意他们的行踪,你知道——”
“他们当中有些人正在吸收更多的人加入凤凰社——”赫敏说。
“还有些人正在为什么事情站岗放哨,”罗恩说,“他们一直在谈论什么警卫任务。”
“不会是保护我吧,啊?”哈利讥讽地说。
“哦,没错。”罗恩说,脸上露出了恍然大悟的神情。
哈利轻蔑地哼了一声。他又在房间里一圈圈地踱起步来,看看这里又看看那里,就是不看罗恩和赫敏。“那么你们俩最近在做什么呢,既然不让你们参加会议?”他问道,“你们说你们一直很忙。”
“是很忙啊,”赫敏急忙说,“我们给这座房子来了个彻底大扫除,这房子已经空了许多年头,里面滋生繁殖了许多东西。我们总算把厨房和大部分卧室打扫干净了,我想明天该去对付客厅——哎呀!”
啪、啪,随着两声刺耳的爆响,罗恩的两个双胞胎哥哥——弗雷德和乔治突然出现在房间中央。小猪吱吱地叫得更慌乱了,嗖地飞过去和海德薇一起歇在衣柜顶上。
“不许这么做!”赫敏惊魂未定地对双胞胎说。他们和罗恩一样长着一头红得耀眼的头发,不过身材比罗恩壮实,个头比罗恩略矮一些。
“你好,哈利,”乔治一边说一边朝哈利开心地笑着,“我们刚才好像听见你悦耳动听的演说了。”
“你用不着那样压抑自己的怒火,哈利,把它都发泄出来吧,”弗雷德也是满脸带笑,“五十英里之外大概还有两个人听不见你的声音呢。”
“这么说,你们俩通过幻影显形的考试啦?”哈利没好气地问。
“成绩优异。”弗雷德说道,他手里拿着一个东西,像是一根长长的肉色细绳。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表