只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 2865|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 2(下)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-4-22 09:51:50 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
'But what ARE Dementoids?' asked Uncle Vernon furiously. 'What do they DO?'
'I told you - they suck all the happiness out of you,' said Harry, 'and if they get the chance, they kiss you - '
'Kiss you?' said Uncle Vernon, his eyes popping slightly. 'Kiss you?'
'It's what they call it when they suck the soul out of your mouth.'
Aunt Petunia uttered a soft scream.
'His soul? They didn't take - he's still got his - '
She seized Dudley by the shoulders and shook him, as though testing to see whether she could hear his soul rattling around inside hint.
'Of course they didn't get his soul, you'd know if they had,' said Harry, exasperated.
'Fought 'em off, did you, son?' said Uncle Vernon loudly, with the appearance of a man struggling to bring the conversation back on to a plane he understood. 'Gave 'em the old one-two, did you?'
'You can't give a Dementor the old one-two,' said Harry through clenched teeth.
'Why's he all right, then?' blustered Uncle Vernon. 'Why isn't e all empty, then?'
'Because I used the Patronus - '
“摄魂怪是什么东西?”弗农姨父狂怒地问,“他们是做什么的?”
“我告诉过你了——它们吸光你内心所有的快乐,”哈利说,“如果它们逮着机会还会亲吻你——”
“亲吻?”弗农姨父说,眼珠子微微凸了出来,“亲吻?”
“把灵魂从你的嘴里吸出来,他们管这叫亲吻。”
佩妮姨妈发出一声低低的惊叫。
“他的灵魂?他们没有吸走——他的灵魂没有被吸——”她抓住达力的两个肩膀拼命摇晃,好像要试试能不能听见他的灵魂在身体里哗啦啦作响似的。
“他们当然没有吸走他的灵魂,如果真是那样,你们会知道的。”哈利气恼地说。
“你把他们打跑了,是吗,儿子?”弗农姨父大声说,看他那模样,似乎正挣扎着把谈话拖回到一个他能理解的水平上,“你给了它们一个‘左直拳接右直拳’,是不是?”
“你不可能给摄魂怪一个左直拳接右直拳。”哈利从牙缝里说道。
“那他怎么会没事?”弗农姨父气势汹汹地问道,“他怎么会没有被吸空,嗯?”
“因为我念了守护神——”
WHOOSH. With a clattering, a whirring of wings and a soft fall of dust, a fourth owl came shooting out of the kitchen fireplace.
'FOR GOD'S SAKE!' roared Uncle Vernon, pulling great clumps of hair out of his moustache, something he hadn't been driven to do in a long time. 'I WILL NOT HAVE OWLS HERE, I WILL NOT TOLERATE THIS, I TELL YOU!'
But Harry was already pulling a roll of parchment from the owl's leg. He was so convinced that this letter had to be from Dumbledore, explaining everything - the Dementors, Mrs Figg, what the Ministry was up to, how he, Dumbledore, intended to sort everything out - that for the first time in his life he was disappointed to see Sirius's handwriting. Ignoring Uncle Vernons ongoing rant about owls, and narrowing his eyes against a second cloud of dust as the most recent owl took off back up the chimney, Harry read Sirius's message.
Arthur has just told us what's happened. Don't leave the house again, whatever you do.
Harry found this such an inadequate response to everything that had happened tonight that he turned the piece of parchment over, looking for the rest of the letter, but there was nothing else.
And now his temper was rising again. Wasn't anybody going to say 'well done' for fighting off two Dementors single-handed? Both Mr Weasley and Sirius were acting as though he'd misbehaved, and were saving their tellings-off until they could ascertain how much damage had been done.
呼呼。随着一阵撞击声、翅膀的扇动声,以及灰尘轻轻落下的声音,第四只猫头鹰从厨房的壁炉里冲了出来。
“看在老天的分儿上!”弗农姨父大叫,把一撮撮胡子连根拔了下来。他已经很长时间没有被逼到这份儿上了,“不许猫头鹰到这里来,我受不了啦,你给我听着!”
可是哈利已经从猫头鹰脚上扯下了一卷羊皮纸。他相信这封信肯定是邓布利多寄来的,而且把所有的事情都解释清楚了——摄魂怪、费格太太、魔法部的勾当,还有他邓布利多打算怎样把事情摆平——因此,平生第一次,他看到小天狼星的笔迹后感到非常失望。他没有理睬弗农姨父继续对猫头鹰的事情大叫大嚷,刚来的猫头鹰扑扇着翅膀从烟囱里飞出去时又卷起一片灰尘,他只好眯起眼睛,读着小天狼星的来信。
亚瑟刚刚把事情告诉了我们。无论如何,你千万别再离开那所房子。
哈利觉得,对今晚发生的事情做出这样的反应实在是太不够意思了。他把羊皮纸翻了过来,以为反面还有话,但什么也没有。
他的火气又上来了。他只身一人打跑了两个摄魂怪,难道就没有一个人对他说一声“干得漂亮”?看韦斯莱先生和小天狼星的反应就好像他做了什么错事,他们要等到弄清他造成了多大的破坏,再好好地训斥他一顿。
'. . . a peck, I mean, pack of owls shooting in and out of my house. I won't have it, boy, I won't - '
'I can't stop the owls coming,' Harry snapped, crushing Sirius's letter in his fist.
'I want the truth about what happened tonight!' barked Uncle Vernon. 'If it was Demenders who hurt Dudley, how come you've been expelled? You did you-know-what, you've admitted, it!'
Harry took a deep, steadying breath. His head was beginning to ache again. He wanted more than anything to get out of the kitchen, and away from the Dursleys.
'I did the Patronus Charm to get rid of the Dementors,' he said, forcing himself to remain calm. 'It's the only thing that works against them.'
'But what were Dementoids doing in Little Whinging?' said Uncle Vernon in an outraged tone.
'Couldn't tell you,' said Harry wearily. 'No idea.'
His head was pounding in the glare of the strip-lighting now. His anger was ebbing away. He felt drained, exhausted. The Dursleys were all staring at him.
'It's you,' said Uncle Vernon forcefully. 'It's got something to do with you, boy, I know it. Why else would they turn up here? Why else would they be down that alleyway? You've got to be the only - the only - ' Evidently, he couldn't bring himself to say the word 'wizard'. The only you-know-what for miles.'
'I don't know why they were here.'
“——一堆,我的意思是,一群猫头鹰在我的家里飞出飞进。我不允许,小子,我不——”
“猫头鹰要来,我也没有办法。”哈利没好气地说,使劲把小天狼星的来信捏在手心里。
“我想知道今晚事情的真相!”弗农姨父厉声吼道,“如果是摄魂怪伤害了达力,为什么你会被开除呢?你干了那事儿,你已经承认了!”
哈利深深吸了口气,镇定了一下情绪。他的头又开始疼了。他最渴望的就是离开厨房,离开德思礼一家三口。
“为了摆脱摄魂怪我念了守护神魔咒,”他说,竭力使自己保持平静,“对付他们只有这个办法管用。”
“可是摄魂鬼跑到小惠金区来做什么?”弗农姨父怒不可遏地问。
“没法告诉你。”哈利疲倦地说,“不知道。”现在他的脑袋突突作响,眼前好像闪过一道道耀眼的强光。他的愤怒逐渐消退,人觉得特别疲倦,浑身一点力气也没有。德思礼一家三口都在瞪着他。
“是你,”弗农姨父恶狠狠地说道,“肯定跟你有点关系,小子,我知道。不然它们为什么会出现在这儿?不然它们为什么会跑到那条小巷子里去?方圆多少里内,你是惟一的一个——惟一的——”显然,他没有勇气说出“巫师”这个词。“一个你知道是什么的东西。”
“我也不知道它们为什么会上这儿来。”
But at Uncle Vernon's words, Harry's exhausted brain had ground back into action. Why had the Dementors come to Little Whinging? How could it be coincidence that they had arrived in the alleyway where Harry was? Had they been sent? Had the Ministry of Magic lost control of the Dementors? Had they deserted Azkaban and joined Voldemort, as Dumbledore had predicted they would?
'These Demembers guard some weirdo prison?' asked Uncle Vernon, lumbering along in the wake of Harry's train of thought.
'Yes,' said Harry.
If only his head would stop hurting, if only he could just leave the kitchen and get to his dark bedroom and think . . .
'Oho! They were coming to arrest you!' said Uncle Vernon, with the triumphant air of a man reaching an unassailable conclusion. That's it, isn't it, boy? You're on the run from the law!'
'Of course I'm not,' said Harry, shaking his head as though to scare off a fly, his mind racing now.
Then why - ?'
但是听了弗农姨父的话,哈利已经极度疲劳的大脑又开始吱吱嘎嘎地运转起来。摄魂怪为什么到小惠金区来?它们正好落在哈利所在的那条小巷里,这怎么可能是巧合呢?它们是被派来的吗?难道魔法部失去了对摄魂怪的控制?难道摄魂怪擅自逃离了阿兹卡班,加入了伏地魔一伙,就像邓布利多曾经预言的那样?
“这些死魂灵是看守一家古怪监狱的?”弗农姨父问,吃力地紧跟着哈利的思路。
“是的。”哈利说。只希望脑袋能够不疼,只希望能够离开厨房,回到黑暗的卧室,好好想想——
“啊哈!它们是来抓你的!”弗农姨父一脸得意地说,像是得出了一个不容辩驳的结论,“就是这么回事,对不对,小子?你想逃脱法律的制裁!”
“当然不是这样。”哈利说,使劲晃晃脑袋,像要赶走一只苍蝇,现在他的脑子在快速运转了。
“那么为什么——?”

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表