雄州网-简阳人的网上社区

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 3428|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 1 (下)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-3-18 09:51:53 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
'What d'you mean, I'm not brave when I'm in bed?' said Harry, Completely nonplussed. 'What am I supposed to be frightened of, pillows or something?'
'I heard you last night,' said Dudley breathlessly. Talking in your sleep. Moaning.'
'What d'you mean?' Harry said again, but there was a cold, plunging sensation in his stomach. He had revisited the graveyard last night in his dreams.
Dudley gave a harsh bark of laughter, then adopted a high-pitched whimpering voice.
' "Don't kill Cedric! Don't kill Cedric!" Who's Cedric - your boyfriend?'
'I - you're lying,' said Harry automatically. But his mouth had gone dry. He knew Dudley wasn't lying - how else would he know about Cedric?
' "Dad! Help me, Dad! He's going to kill me, Dad! Boo hoo!'' '
'Shut up,' said Harry quietly. 'Shut up, Dudley, I'm warning you!'
' "Come and help me, Dad! Mum, come and help me! He's killed Cedric! Dad, help me! He's going to - " Don't you point that thing at me!'
Dudley backed into the alley wall. Harry was pointing the wand directly at Dudley's heart. Harry could feel fourteen years' hatred of Dudley pounding in his veins - what wouldn't he give to strike now, to jinx Dudley so thoroughly he'd have to crawl home like an insect, struck dumb, sprouting feelers . . .
“你说什么,我躺在床上就不勇敢啦?”哈利问,被完全弄糊涂了,“我有什么可害怕的呢,是枕头还是什么?”
“我昨天夜里听见了,”达力喘着粗气说,“你说梦话。哼哼来着。”
“你说什么?”哈利又问了一遍,但他的心突然一阵发冷,忽地往下一沉。昨夜他在梦中又回到了那片墓地。
达力声音粗哑地笑了起来,然后发出一阵呜呜咽咽的尖厉声音:“‘别杀塞德里克!别杀塞德里克!’谁是塞德里克——你的朋友吗?”
“我——你在胡说。”哈利本能地说。但他嘴里突然发干。他知道达力没有胡说——不然他怎么会知道塞德里克呢?
“‘爸!救救我,爸!他要来杀我了,爸!呜呜!’”
“闭嘴!”哈利小声说,“闭嘴,达力,我警告你!”
“‘快来救救我,爸!妈,快来救救我!他杀死了塞德里克!爸,救救我!他要——’不许你用那玩意儿指着我!”
达力退缩到墙根下。哈利将魔杖不偏不倚地对准达力的心脏。哈利感觉到他对达力十四年的仇恨此刻正在他的血管里汹涌冲撞——他真愿意放弃一切。只要能痛痛快快地出手,给达力念一个厉害的恶咒,让他只能像爬虫一样爬回家,嘴里说不出话来,头顶上忽忽冒出两根触角……
'Don't ever talk about that again,' Harry snarled. 'D'you understand me?'
'Point that thing somewhere else!'
'I said, do you understand me?'
'Point it somewhere else!'
'DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?'
'GET THAT THING AWAY FROM - '
Dudley gave an odd. shuddering gasp, as though he had been doused in icy water.
Something had happened to the night. The star-strewn indigo sky was suddenly pitch black and lightless - the stars, the moon, the misty streetlamps at either end of the alley had vanished. The distant rumble of cars and the whisper of trees had gone. The balmy evening was suddenly piercingly, bitingly cold. They were surrounded by total, impenetrable, silent darkness, as though some giant hand had dropped a thick, icy mantle over the entire alleyway, blinding them.
“不许再提这件事,”哈利厉声说,“明白了吗?”
“把那玩意儿指着别处!”
“我问你呢,你明白了吗?”
“把它指着别处!”
“你明白了吗?”
“把那玩意儿拿开——”
达力突然奇怪地打了个激灵,抽了口冷气,好像被冰冷的水浇了个透湿。
黑夜里,怪事发生了。洒满星星的深蓝色夜空突然变得一片漆黑,没有一丝光亮——星星、月亮、小巷两端昏黄的路灯,一下子全都消失了。远处汽车开过的隆隆声、近处树叶的沙沙声,也都听不见了。刚才温和宜人的夜晚突然变得寒冷刺骨。他们被包围在无法穿透的深邃而无声的黑暗中,仿佛一只巨手用一层冷冰冰的厚厚帘幕覆盖住了整条小巷,使得他们看不见任何东西。
For a split second Harry thought he had done magic without meaning to, despite the fact that he'd been resisting as hard as he could - then his reason caught up with his senses - he didn't have the power to turn off the stars. He turned his head this way and that, trying to see something, but the darkness pressed on his eyes like a weightless veil.
Dudley's terrified voice broke in Harry's ear.
'W-what are you d-doing? St-stop it!'
'I'm not doing anything! Shut up and don't move!'
'I c-can't see! I've g-gone blind! I - '
'I said shut up!'
Harry stood stock still, turning his sightless eyes left and right. The cold was so intense he was shivering all over; goose bumps had erupted up his arms and the hairs on the back of his neck were standing up - he opened his eyes to their fullest extent, staring blankly around, unseeing.
It was impossible . . . they couldn't be here . . . not in Little Whinging . . . he strained his ears . . . he would hear them before he saw them . . .
'I'll t-tell Dad!' Dudley whimpered. 'W-where are you? What are you d-do-?'
'Will you shut up?' Harry hissed, 'I'm trying to lis- '
刹那间,哈利以为他在不知不觉中施了魔法,尽管他一直在拼命地克制自己——然后他的理智跟上了感觉的步伐——他没有能力让星星熄灭。他把脑袋转来转去,想看到点什么,但黑暗像一层轻薄的面纱贴在他的眼睛上。
达力恐惧的声音刺进了哈利的耳膜。
“你——你在做——做什么?快停——停下!”
“我什么也没做!你快闭嘴,不许动!”
“我——我看不见!我——我眼睛瞎了!我——”
“我叫你闭嘴!”
哈利一动不动地站着,失去视力的眼睛转向左边又转向右边。四下里冷得要命,他禁不住浑身发抖,手臂上起了一层鸡皮疙瘩,脖子后面的汗毛根根竖立起来——他极力睁大眼睛,茫然地瞪着四周,但是他什么也看不见。这不可能——他们不会来这里——不会来小惠金区——他竖起耳朵——他要在看到他们之前先听到他们的声音——
“我要告诉——告诉爸爸!”达力抽抽搭搭地说,“你——你在哪里?你在——在做什——?”
“你能不能闭嘴?”哈利从牙缝里说道,“我正在听——”
But he fell silent. He had heard just the thing he had been dreading.
There was something in the alleyway apart from themselves, something that was drawing long, hoarse, rattling breaths. Harry felt a horrible jolt of dread as he stood trembling in the freezing air.
'C-cut it out! Stop doing it! I'll h-hit you, I swear I will!'
'Dudley, shut - '
WHAM.
A fist made contact with the side of Harry's head, lifting him off his feet. Small white lights popped in front of his eyes. For the second time in an hour Harry felt as though his head had been cleaved in two; next moment, he had landed hard on the ground and his wand had flown out of his hand.
'You moron, Dudley!' Harry yelled, his eyes watering with pain as he scrambled to his hands and knees, feeling around frantically n the blackness. He heard Dudley blundering away, hitting the alley fence, stumbling.
'DUDLEY, COME BACK! YOU'RE RUNNING RIGHT AT IT!'
There was a horrible squealing yell and Dudley's footsteps topped. At the same moment, Harry felt a creeping chill behind him that could mean only one thing. There was more than one.
但他停住了。他听见了他一直害怕的东西。小巷里除了他们俩还有另外的东西,正在发出长长的呼噜呼噜的沙哑喘息。
哈利瑟瑟发抖地站在寒冷刺骨的黑夜里,感到一阵强烈的恐惧。
“停——停下!住手!我——我要揍你,我说到做到!”
“达力,闭——”
砰!一拳击中了哈利的脑袋,打得他双脚失去平衡,眼前直冒金星。哈利在一小时内第二次觉得他的脑袋被劈成了两半。接着,他重重地跌倒在地上,魔杖脱手飞了出去。
“你这个笨蛋,达力!”哈利喊道,疼得眼睛里涌出了泪花。他挣扎着手脚并用,在黑暗中胡乱地摸索着。他听见达力踉踉跄跄冲过去,撞在小巷边的栅栏上,脚底下摇摇晃晃。
“达力,快回来!你正好冲着它去了!”
一声可怕的、尖厉刺耳的喊叫,达力的脚步声停止了。与此同时,哈利感到身后一阵寒意袭来,这只能说明一件事情。他们不止一个。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表