雄州网-简阳人的网上社区

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 4556|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 13(下)

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-7-18 10:29:25 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
'You haven't given me any ink,' he said.
'Oh, you won't need ink,' said Professor Umbridge, with the merest suggestion of a laugh in her voice.
Harry placed the point of the quill on the paper and wrote: I must not tell lies.
He let out a gasp of pain. The words had appeared on the parchment in what appeared to be shining red ink. At the same time, the words had appeared on the back of Harry's right hand, cut into his skin as though traced there by a scalpel - yet even as he stared at the shining cut, the skin healed over again, leaving the place where it had been slightly redder than before but quite smooth.
Harry looked round at Umbridge. She was watching him, her wide, toadlike mouth stretched in a smile.
'Yes?'
'Nothing,' said Harry quietly.
He looked back at the parchment, placed the quill on it once more, wrote I must not tell lies, and felt the searing pain on the back of his hand for a second time; once again, the words had been cut into his skin; once again, they healed over seconds later.
“你没有给我墨水。”他说。
“哦,你不需要墨水的。”乌姆里奇教授说,声音里带着一点浅浅的笑意。
哈利把羽毛笔的笔尖落在纸上,写道:我不可以说谎。
他疼得倒抽了一口冷气。出现在羊皮纸上的字,看上去是用鲜红的墨水写成的。与此同时,这行字出现在了哈利右手的手背上,而且深深陷进了皮肉里,像是用解剖刀刻上去的一样——然而,就在他眼睁睁瞪着这些红艳艳的伤口时,皮肤又愈合了,刚才有字的地方只比以前稍微红了一点,但摸上去很光滑。
哈利扭头去看乌姆里奇。她正注视着他,那张癞蛤蟆似的阔嘴咧成了一个微笑。
“怎么啦?”
“没什么。”哈利轻声说。
他低头望着羊皮纸,再一次把笔尖落在上面,写下了我不可以说谎。他又一次感到手背上烧灼般的疼痛,那些字又一次刻进他的皮肤,几秒钟后,伤口又一次愈合了。
And on it went. Again and again Harry wrote the words on the parchment in what he soon came to realise was not ink, but his own blood. And, again and again, the words were cut into the back of his hand, healed, and reappeared the next time he set quill to parchment.
Darkness fell outside Umbridge's window. Harry did not ask when he would be allowed to stop. He did not even check his watch. He knew she was watching him for signs of weakness and he was not going to show any, not even if he had to sit there all night, cutting open his own hand with this quill . . .
'Come here,' she said, after what seemed hours.
He stood up. His hand was stinging painfully. When he looked down at it he saw that the cut had healed, but that the skin there was red raw.
'Hand,' she said.
He extended it. She took it in her own. Harry repressed a shudder as she touched him with her thick, stubby fingers on which she wore a number of ugly old rings.
'Tut, tut, I don't seem to have made much of an impression yet,' she said, smiling. 'Well, we'll just have to try again tomorrow evening, won't we? You may go.'
Harry left her office without a word. The school was quite deserted; it was surely past midnight. He walked slowly up the corridor, then, when he had turned the corner and was sure she would not hear him, broke into a run.
就这样,哈利一遍又一遍地把这行字写在羊皮纸上。他很快就发现,他用的不是墨水,而是他自己的鲜血。一遍又一遍地,这些字刻进了他的手背,然后愈合,然后,当他再把笔尖落在羊皮纸上时,这些字又会再一次出现。
乌姆里奇办公室的窗外,夜幕渐渐降临。哈利没有问他什么时候可以停止。他甚至没有看看表上几点钟了。他知道她在注视他,看他有没有软弱的迹象,他不想显露出一丝一毫的软弱,即使他要在这里坐一整夜,用这支羽毛笔把自己的手深深地割开……
“过来。”过了似乎好几个小时之后,她说道。
哈利站了起来。他的手火辣辣地疼。他低头一看,发现伤口虽然愈合了,但那里的皮肤红红的,露着嫩肉。
“手。”乌姆里奇说。
哈利把手伸了出去。她把它握在自己的手里。当她用肥厚短粗、戴着一大堆丑陋的老式戒指的手指触摸哈利的手时,哈利拼命克制住一阵战栗。
“啧啧,看来我还没有给你留下一个深刻的烙樱”她笑容可掬地说,“没关系,我们明天晚上还要再试一试,对不对?你可以走了。”
哈利一言不发地离开了她的办公室。学校里几乎空无一人,时间肯定已经过了半夜。他慢慢地走过走廊,当他拐了个弯、确信她不会听见时,便撒腿跑了起来。
He had not had time to practise Vanishing Spells, had not written a single dream in his dream diary and had not finished the drawing of the Bowtruckle, nor had he written his essays. He skipped breakfast next morning to scribble down a couple of made-up dreams for Divination, their first lesson, and was surprised to find a dishevelled Ron keeping him company.
'How come you didn't do it last night?' Harry asked, as Ron stared wildly around the common room for inspiration. Ron, who had been fast asleep when Harry got back to the dormitory, muttered something about 'doing other stuff, bent low over his parchment and scrawled a few words.
'That'll have to do,' he said, slamming the diary shut. 'I've said I dreamed I was buying a new pair of shoes, she can't make anything weird out of that, can she?'
They hurried off to North Tower together.
'How was detention with Umbridge, anyway? What did she make you do?'
Harry hesitated for a fraction of a second, then said, 'Lines.'
That's not too bad, then, eh?' said Ron.
'Nope,' said Harry.
'Hey - I forgot - did she let you off for Friday?'
'No,' said Harry.
Ron groaned sympathetically.
他没有时间练习消失咒,做梦日记里一个梦也没有记录下来,护树罗锅的草图还没有画完,那么多篇论文一篇也没有写。第二天早上,他没吃早饭,匆匆忙忙地编造了两个梦,草草写下来,准备拿到上午第一节的占卜课上交差。他吃惊地发现罗恩衣冠不整,蓬头垢面,也在临时抱佛脚。
“你昨天晚上怎么没做呢?”哈利问道,罗恩漫无目标地在公共休息室里东张西望,寻找灵感。昨夜哈利回到宿舍时,他已经沉沉地睡着了。听了哈利的问话,他嘀咕了一句,像是“干别的事了”,然后埋头在羊皮纸上划拉了几行字。
“这肯定能对付了,”他啪地合上日记本说道,“我说我梦见我在买一双新鞋,这下子她总编派不出离奇的算命鬼话了吧?”
他们一起匆匆赶往北塔楼。
“对了,在乌姆里奇那里关禁闭怎么样?她叫你做什么了?”
哈利迟疑了一刹那,说:“写句子。”
“那倒不算太糟糕,是吧?”罗恩说。
“是埃”哈利说。
“哟——我忘记了——她准你星期五的假了吗?”
“没有。”哈利说。
罗恩同情地叹了口气。
It was another bad day for Harry; he was one of the worst in Transfiguration, not having practised Vanishing Spells at all. He had to give up his lunch hour to complete the picture of the Bowtruckle and, meanwhile, Professors McGonagall, Grubbly-Plank and Sinistra gave them yet more homework, which he had no prospect of finishing that evening because of his second detention with Umbridge. To cap it all, Angelina Johnson tracked him down at dinner again and, on learning that he would not be able to attend Friday's Keeper tryouts, told him she was not at all impressed by his attitude and that she expected players who wished to remain on the team to put training before their other commitments.
'I'm in detention!' Harry yelled after her as she stalked away. 'D'you think I'd rather be stuck in a room with that old toad or playing Quidditch?'
'At least it's only lines,' said Hermione consolingly, as Harry sank back on to his bench and looked down at his steak and kidney pie, which he no longer fancied very much. 'It's not as it it's a dreadful punishment, really . . .'
Harry opened his mouth, closed it again and nodded. He was not really sure why he was not telling Ron and Hermione exactly what was happening in Umbridge's room: he only knew that he did not want to see their looks of horror; that would make the whole thing seem worse and therefore more difficult to face. He also felt dimly that this was between himself and Umbridge, a private battle of wills, and he was not going to give her the satisfaction of hearing that he had complained about it.
'I can't believe how much homework we've got,' said Ron miserably.
'Well, why didn't you do any last night?' Hermione asked him. 'Where were you, anyway?'
'I was . . . I fancied a walk,' said Ron shiftily.
Harry had the distinct impression that he was not alone in concealing things at the moment.
对哈利来说,这又是很难熬的一天。变形课上他是表现最差的几个人之一,因为他根本就没有练习消失咒。午饭时间他不得不放弃休息,把护树罗锅的那张草图画完。这还不算,麦格、格拉普兰和辛尼斯塔教授又给他们布置了一大堆家庭作业,他根本不可能在当天晚上完成,因为他还要到乌姆里奇那里去进行第二次关禁闭。更糟糕的是,安吉利娜·约翰逊听说他不能参加星期五选拔守门员的训练,就在吃晚饭的时候又找到他,告诉他说,她对他的态度很不满意,她希望每个打算留在球队的人都应把训练放在一切活动的首位。
“我在关禁闭!”她昂首挺胸地走开时,哈利冲着她的背影嚷道,“你以为我不愿意去打魁地奇球,情愿跟那个老癞蛤蟆关在一间屋子里吗?”
“还好,只是写写句子,”赫敏安慰他道,哈利一屁股坐在板凳上,低头望着面前的牛排腰子馅饼,他现在已经没有多少胃口了,“看起来倒不算是很可怕的惩罚……”
哈利张了张嘴又闭上了,随即点了点头。他也不明白自己为什么不想把乌姆里奇办公室里发生的一切告诉罗恩和赫敏。他只知道他不想看到他们脸上惊恐的表情,那只会使事情显得更加糟糕,因而也就更难面对。他还隐隐约约地感到,这是他和乌姆里奇之间的事情,是一场秘密的意志较量,他不想让她听到他在哭诉埋怨并因此而感到快意。
“真不敢相信我们有这么多家庭作业要做。”罗恩烦恼地说。
“那你昨天晚上干吗什么都不做呢?”赫敏问他,“你到底上哪儿去了?”
“我……我当时想散散步。”罗恩闪烁其词地说。
哈利有一个很清楚的感觉:此刻隐瞒事情真相的不止他一个人。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表