雄州网-简阳人的网上社区

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 5887|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 13(上)

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-7-10 09:57:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
'I didn't decide not to be there!' said Harry, stung by the injustice of these words. 'I got detention from that Umbridge woman, just because I told her the truth about You-Know-Who.'
'Well, you can just go straight to her and ask her to let you off en Friday,' said Angelina fiercely, 'and I don't care how you do it. Tell her You-Know-Who's a figment of your imagination if you like, just make sure you're there!'
She turned on her heel and stormed away.
'You know what.?' Harry said to Ron and Hermione as they entered the Great Hall. 'I think we'd better check with Puddlemere United whether Oliver Wood's been killed during a training session, because Angelina seems to be channelling his spirit.'
'What d'you reckon are the odds of Umbridge letting you off on Friday?' said Ron sceptically, as they sat down at the Gryffindor table.
'Less than zero,' said Harry glumly, tipping lamb chops on to his plate and starting to eat. 'Better try, though, hadn't I? I'll offer to do two more detentions or something, I dunno . . .' He swallowed a mouthful of potato and added, 'I hope she doesn't keep me too long this evening. You realise we've got to write three essays, practise Vanishing Spells for McGonagall, work out a counter-charm for Flitwick, finish the Bowtruckle drawing and start that stupid dream diary for Trelawney?'
Ron moaned and for some reason glanced up at the ceiling.
“我没有决定不去参加!”哈利说,觉得被这些不公平的话刺伤了,“是那个叫乌姆里奇的女人罚我关禁闭,就因为我跟她说了关于神秘人的实话。”
“好吧,你可以直接去找她,请她星期五放你一马,”安吉利娜情绪激烈地说,“我不管你怎么做。如果你愿意,不妨告诉她神秘人是你凭空想象出来的,只为了保证你能够到场!”
她气势汹汹地走了。
“你们知道吗?”罗恩和赫敏走进礼堂时,哈利对他们说,“我想我们最好去找普德米尔联队②核实一下,奥利弗·伍德是不是在训练期间不幸去世了,因为他的灵魂好像附在安吉利娜身上了。”
“你认为有多少可能乌姆里奇会在星期五放你一马呢?”他们在格兰芬多的桌旁坐下来时,罗恩怀疑地说。
“一点儿也没有,”哈利郁闷地说,一边把小羊排倒进自己的盘子里吃了起来,“不过最好还是试一试,对吗?我可以提出增加两次关禁闭什么的……”他咽下一大口土豆,接着说道:“我只希望她今天晚上别把我留得太晚。你们知道吗,我们要写三篇论文,给麦格练习消失咒,给弗立维设计一个破解咒,把护树罗锅的草图画完,还要开始给特里劳妮写那无聊的做梦日记!”
罗恩叹了口气,不知为什么抬头扫了一眼天花板。
'And it looks like it's going to rain.'
'What's that got to do with our homework?' said Hermione, her eyebrows raised.
'Nothing,' said Ron at once, his ears reddening.
At five to five Harry bade the other two goodbye and set off for Umbridge's office on the third floor. When he knocked on the door she called, 'Come in,' in a sugary voice. He entered cautiously, looking around.
He had known this office under three of its previous occupants.
In the days when Gilderoy Lockhart had lived here it had been plastered in beaming portraits of himself. When Lupin had occupied it, it was likely you would meet some fascinating Dark creature in a cage or tank if you came to call. In the impostor Moody's days it had been packed with various instruments and artefacts for the detection of wrongdoing and concealment.
Now, however, it looked totally unrecognisable. The surfaces had all been draped in lacy covers and cloths. There were several vases full of dried flowers, each one residing on its own doily, and on one of the walls was a collection of ornamental plates, each decorated with a large technicolour kitten wearing a different bow around its neck. These were so foul that Harry stared at them, transfixed, until Professor Umbridge spoke again.
'Good evening, Mr Potter.'
Harry started and looked around. He had not noticed her at first because she was wearing a luridly flowered set of robes that blended only too well with the tablecloth on the desk behind her.
“看样子天要下雨了。”
“那跟我们的家庭作业有什么关系?”赫敏扬起眉毛问道。
“没什么。”罗恩赶紧说道,耳朵变得通红。
五点差五分的时候,哈利告别了他们俩,朝四楼乌姆里奇的办公室走去。他敲了敲门,只听一个甜得发腻的声音喊道:“进来。”哈利小心翼翼地走进去,四下张望着。
前面三位主人住在这里的时候,哈利曾经很熟悉这间办公室。在吉德罗·洛哈特居住的那些日子,墙上到处贴着他本人笑容满面的照片。卢平住进来后,每次进来找他,都有可能遇见某个非常有趣的邪恶动物,关在笼子里或箱子里。而冒牌的穆迪住在这里的时候,房间里堆满了各种各样的器具和手工制品,用来探测别人的不轨行为和藏身之处。
此刻,这个房间简直完全认不出来了。所有的东西上都盖着带花边的罩布和台布。还有几只插满干花的花瓶,每只都放在单独的小垫子上。一面墙上挂着一组装饰性的盘子,每只盘子上都有一只色彩鲜艳的大猫咪,各自脖子上戴着一个不同的蝴蝶结。这些东西太令人恶心了,哈利简直被吓住了,只顾呆呆地望着它们,后来乌姆里奇教授又说话了。
“晚上好,波特先生。”
哈利吓得急忙回过头来。他一开始没有注意到她,因为她穿着一件火红耀眼的印花长袍,颜色同她身后书桌上的桌布融在一起,简直分不出来。
'Evening, Professor Umbridge,' Harry said stiffly.
'Well, sit down,' she said, pointing towards a small table draped in lace beside which she had drawn up a straight-backed chair. A piece of blank parchment lay on the table, apparently waiting for him.
'Er,' said Harry, without moving. 'Professor Umbridge. Er - before we start, I - I wanted to ask you a . . . a favour.'
Her bulging eyes narrowed.
'Oh, yes?'
'Well, I'm . . . I'm in the Gryffindor Quidditch team. And I was supposed to be at the tryouts for the new Keeper at five o'clock on Friday and I was - was wondering whether I could skip detention that night and do it - do it another night . . . instead . . .'
He knew long before he reached the end of his sentence that it was no good.
'Oh, no,' said Umbridge, smiling so widely that she looked as though she had just swallowed a particularly juicy fly. 'Oh, no, no, no. This is your punishment for spreading evil, nasty, attention-seeking stories, Mr Potter, and punishments certainly cannot be adjusted to suit the guilty one's convenience. No, you will come here at five o'clock tomorrow, and the next day, and on Friday too, and you will do your detentions as planned. I think it rather a good thing that you are missing something you really want to do. It ought to reinforce the lesson I am trying to teach you.'
“晚上好,乌姆里奇教授。”哈利不自然地说。
“好吧,坐下吧,”她说,指着一张垂着花边的小桌子。她已经在旁边放了一把直背椅,桌上有一张空白的羊皮纸,显然是为他准备的。
“嗯,”哈利没有动弹,说道,“乌姆里奇教授,嗯——在我们开始前,我——我想请求你一……一件事。”
她那双向外凸出的眼睛眯了起来。
“哦,什么?”
“是这样,我……我是格兰芬多魁地奇球队的队员。我应该在星期五下午五点钟参加新守门员的选拔,我——我不知道我能不能那天晚上不来关禁闭,另外——另外找一个晚上再补上……”
他不等把话说完,心里早就知道这是不会有用的。
“哦,不行。”乌姆里奇说道,咧开大嘴笑得那么肉麻,好像刚吞下了一只特别美味多汁的苍蝇,“哦,不行,不行,不行。这是对你散布邪恶、卑鄙、哗众取宠的谎言的惩罚。波特先生,惩罚当然不能为满足有过失者的方便而随意调整。不行,明天、后天,还有星期五,你都必须在下午五点钟到这里来,按计划关禁闭。我认为,你错过一些你特别喜欢的活动,这其实倒是一件好事。它应该能强化我打算给你的教训。”
Harry felt the blood surge to his head and heard a thumping noise in his ears. So he told 'evil, nasty, attention-seeking stones', did he?
She was watching him with her head slightly to one side, still smiling widely, as though she knew exactly what he was thinking and was waiting to see whether he would start shouting again. With a massive effort, Harry looked away from her, dropped his schoolbag beside the straight-backed chair and sat down.
'There,' said Umbridge sweetly, 'we're getting better at controlling our temper already, aren't we? Now, you are going to be doing some lines for me, Mr Potter. No, not with your quill,' she added, as Harry bent down to open his bag. 'You're going to be using a rather special one of mine. Here you are.'
She handed him a long, thin black quill with an unusually sharp point.
'I want you to write, I must not tell lies,' she told him softly.
'How many times?' Harry asked, with a creditable imitation of politeness.
'Oh, as long as it takes for the message to sink in,' said Umbridge sweetly. 'Off you go.'
She moved over to her desk, sat down and bent over a stack of parchment that looked like essays for marking. Harry raised the sharp black quill, then realised what was missing.
哈利感到血一下子冲上了脑袋,耳朵里嗡嗡作响。听她的意思,他是散布了“邪恶、卑鄙、哗众取宠的谎言”,不是吗?
她微微偏着脑袋注视着他,脸上仍然挂着肉麻的微笑,似乎她很清楚他心里在想什么,正等着看他会不会再次发作,大喊大叫。哈利费了很大的努力,转开目光不去看她,把书包扔在那把直背椅旁边坐了下来。
“不错,”乌姆里奇娇滴滴地说,“我们已经比较能控制自己的情绪了,是不是?现在,你要为我写几个句子,波特先生。不,不是用你的羽毛笔,”看见哈利弯腰去打开书包,她赶紧补充道,“你要用的是我的一支很不同寻常的笔。给。”
她递给他一支细细长长、笔尖特别尖利的黑色羽毛笔。
“我要你写:我不可以说谎。”她语调轻柔地对他说。
“写多少遍?”哈利问,也做出一副值得称赞的彬彬有礼的样子。
“哦,一直写到这句话刻在你心里。”乌姆里奇嗲声嗲气地说道,“开始写吧。”
她走到自己的书桌旁坐了下来,埋头对付一堆羊皮纸,看着像是一批等待批改的论文。哈利举起尖利的黑色羽毛笔,这才发现缺少了什么。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表