雄州网-简阳人的网上社区

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 2141|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 11(下)

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-4-10 11:42:01 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
'I'll tell you what it means,' said Hermione through gritted teeth. 'It means the Ministry's interfering at Hogwarts.'
There was a great clattering and banging all around them; Dumbledore had obviously just dismissed the school, because everyone was standing up ready to leave the Hall. Hermione jumped up, looking flustered.
'Ron, we're supposed to show the first-years where to go!'
'Oh yeah,' said Ron, who had obviously forgotten. 'Hey - hey, you lot! Midgets!'
'Ron!'
'Well, they are, they're titchy . . .'
'I know, but you can't call them midgets! - First-years!' Hermione called commandingly along the table. 'This way, please!'
A group of new students walked shyly up the gap between the Gryffindor and Hufflepuff tables, all of them trying hard not to lead the group. They did indeed seem very small; Harry was sure he had not appeared that young when he had arrived here. He grinned at them. A blond boy next to Euan Abercrombie looked petrified; he nudged Euan and whispered something in his ear. Euan Abercrombie looked equally frightened and stole a horrified look at Harry, who felt the grin slide off his face like Stinksap.
“我来告诉你是什么意思吧,”赫敏咬着牙说,“这就说明魔法部在干预霍格沃茨。”
周围响起一片桌椅板凳的碰撞声,显然邓布利多已经宣布全校师生解散,因为大家都站起来准备离开礼堂了。赫敏一跃而起,显出很惊慌的样子。
“罗恩,我们应该去给一年级新生指路的!”
“哎呀,对了,”罗恩说,显然他已经把这件事忘得精光,“喂——喂,你们大家!小不点儿们!”
“罗恩!”
“咳,本来就是嘛,他们这么小……”
“我知道,但你也不能管他们叫小不点儿!——一年级新生!”赫敏很威严地冲着桌子那边喊,“请这边走!”
一群新生很害羞地从格兰芬多和赫奇帕奇桌子之间的过道中走了过来,一个个都尽量缩在后面,不敢出头。他们看上去确实很小,哈利可以肯定,自己当初来这儿的时候肯定没有显得这么稚嫩。他咧嘴微笑地看着他们。尤安·阿伯克龙比旁边的一个金黄头发的男孩似乎被吓呆了,他用胳膊肘捅捅尤安,对着他的耳朵说了几句什么。尤安·阿伯克龙比也显出十分害怕的样子,偷偷地用惊恐的目光看了看哈利,哈利感觉到自己脸上的笑容像臭汁一样消失了。
'See you later,' he said dully to Ron and Hermione and he made his way out of the Great Hall alone, doing everything he could to ignore more whispering, staring and pointing as he passed. He kept his eyes fixed ahead as he wove his way through the crowd in the Entrance Hall, then he hurried up the marble staircase, took a couple of concealed short cuts and had soon left most of the crowds behind.
He had been stupid not to expect this, he thought angrily as he walked through the much emptier upstairs corridors. Of course everyone was staring at him; he had emerged from the Triwizard maze two months previously clutching the dead body of a fellow student and claiming to have seen Lord Voldemort return to power. There had not been time last term to explain himself before they'd all had to go home - even if he had felt up to giving the whole school a detailed account of the terrible events in that graveyard.
Harry had reached the end of the corridor to the Gryffindor common room and come to a halt in front of the portrait of the Fat Lady before he realised that he did not know the new password.
'Er . . .' he said glumly, staring up at the Fat Lady, who smoothed the folds of her pink satin dress and looked sternly back at him.
'No password, no entrance,' she said loftily.
“待会儿见。”他对罗恩和赫敏说,然后独自朝礼堂外走去,一路上尽量不去注意人们盯视的目光,以及他们的悄声议论和指指点点。他目不斜视地穿过门厅里拥挤的人群,匆匆走上大理石楼梯,抄了两条隐蔽的近路,很快就把大多数人甩在了后面。
他真是昏了头,居然没有想到这一点。他一边走在楼上清静得多的走廊上,一边这样气愤地想道。肯定每个人都要盯着他看的。他两个月前刚从三强争霸赛的迷宫里钻出来,怀里抱着一位同学的尸体,口口声声宣称说看见伏地魔东山再起了。上学期,他没有来得及把事情解释清楚,大家就不得不放假回家了——尽管他当时鼓足勇气想把那片墓地上发生的可怕事情原原本本地告诉全校师生。
哈利来到通向格兰芬多公共休息室的走廊尽头,在胖夫人肖像前刹住脚步,这才想起他还不知道新的口令是什么。
“嗯……”他愁眉苦脸地抬头望着胖夫人,胖夫人抹平她那件粉红色缎子衣服上的褶皱,用严厉的目光看着他。
“没有口令,就不能通过。”她傲慢地说。
'Harry, I know it!' Someone panted up behind him and he turned to see Neville jogging towards him. 'Guess what it is? I'm actually going to be able to remember it for once - ' He waved the stunted little cactus he had shown them on the train. 'Mimbuius mimbletonia!'
'Correct,' said the Fat Lady, and her portrait swung open towards them like a door, revealing a circular hole in the wall behind, through which Harry and Neville now climbed.
The Gryffindor common room looked as welcoming as ever, a cosy circular tower room full of dilapidated squashy armchairs and rickety old tables. A fire was crackling merrily in the grate and a few people were warming their hands by it before going up to their dormitories; on the other side of the room Fred and George Weasley were pinning something up on the noticeboard. Harry waved goodnight to them and headed straight for the door to the boys' dormitories; he was not in much of a mood for talking at the moment. Neville followed him.
Dean Thomas and Seamus Finnigan had reached the dormitory first and were in the process of covering the walls beside their beds with posters and photographs. They had been talking as Harry pushed open the door but stopped abruptly the moment they saw him. Harry wondered whether they had been talking about him, then whether he was being paranoid.
'Hi,' he said, moving across to his own trunk and opening it.
'Hey, Harry,' said Dean, who was putting on a pair of pyjamas in the West Ham colours. 'Good holiday?'
“哈利,我知道!”身后有个人气喘吁吁地说,哈利转身看见纳威慢慢朝他跑来,“你猜是什么?我这次居然能记住了——”他挥动着他在火车上拿给他们看过的那盆发育不良的小仙人掌:“米布米宝!”
“对啦。”胖夫人说,她的肖像突然像门一样朝他们打开了,露出墙上的一个圆洞,哈利和纳威钻了过去。
格兰芬多公共休息室看上去像以前一样让人觉得愉快,这是塔楼中的一个圆形房间,摆满了已经磨破的、又松又软的扶手椅和摇摇晃晃的旧桌子。壁炉里噼噼啪啪地燃着旺火,几个人在那里把手烤热了再回楼上宿舍。在房间的另一边,弗雷德和乔治·韦斯莱正把什么东西钉在布告栏里。哈利挥挥手祝他们晚安,就径直朝通向男生宿舍的那扇门走去。此刻他没有多少心情跟别人说话。纳威跟在他后面。
迪安·托马斯和西莫·斐尼甘已经先到了宿舍,正在往他们床边的墙上贴海报和照片。哈利把门推开时他们在说话,可是一看见他就突然停住不说了。哈利先是怀疑他们刚才是在议论他,接着又怀疑他自己有点疑神疑鬼。
“嘿。”他说,一边走到自己的箱子跟前,把它打开了。
“你好,哈利,”迪安说,他正在穿一套颜色像火腿一样的睡衣,“暑假过得好吗?”
'Not bad,' muttered Harry, as a true account of his holiday would have taken most of the night to relate and he could not face it. 'You?'
'Yeah, it was OK,' chuckled Dean. 'Better than Seamus's, anyway, he was just telling me.'
'Why, what happened, Seamus?' Neville asked as he placed his Mimbuius mimbletonia tenderly on his bedside cabinet.
Seamus did not answer immediately; he was making rather a meal of ensuring that his poster of the Kenmare Kestrels Quidditch team was quite straight. Then he said, with his back still turned to Harry, 'Me mam didn't want me to come back.'
'What?' said Harry, pausing in the act of pulling off his robes.
'She didn't want me to come back to Hogwarts.'
Seamus turned away from his poster and pulled his own pyjamas out of his trunk, still not looking at Harry.
'But - why?' said Harry, astonished. He knew that Seamus's mother was a witch and could not understand, therefore, why she should have come over so Dursleyish.
Seamus did not answer until he had finished buttoning his pyjamas.
“还行吧。”哈利含混地应付了一句。要原原本本地叙述他在暑假的经历,恐怕说到下半夜都说不完,他没有精力这么做。“你呢?”
“啊,挺好的,”迪安轻轻地笑着说道,“反正比西莫强,他刚才正跟我说呢。”
“哟,出什么事了,西莫?”纳威一边把他的米布米宝小心翼翼地放在床头柜上一边问道。
西莫没有马上回答。他正在格外细致地调整那张肯梅尔红隼魁地奇球队①的海报,确保贴得端端正正。然后,他仍然背冲着哈利说道:“我妈本来不想让我来的。”
“什么?”哈利正在脱袍子,听了这话怔住了。
“她不想让我回霍格沃茨。”
西莫离开了那张海报,从他的箱子里拿出自己的睡衣,眼睛仍然没看哈利。
“可是——为什么呢?”哈利问,感到十分震惊。他知道西莫的母亲是个巫师,因此他不明白她怎么会变得像德思礼家的人一样了。
西莫没有马上回答,一直把睡衣上的纽扣都扣好了才说话。
'Well,' he said in a measured voice, I suppose . . . because of you.'
What d'you mean?' said Harry quickly.
His heart was beating rather fast. He felt vaguely as though something was closing in on him.
Well,' said Seamus again, still avoiding Harry's eye, she . . . er . . . well, it's not just you, it's Dumbledore, too . . .'
'She believes the Daily Prophet?' said Harry. 'She thinks I'm a liar and Dumbledore's an old fool?'
Seamus looked up at him.
'Yeah, something like that.'
Harry said nothing. He threw his wand down on to his bedside table, pulled off his robes, stuffed them angrily into his trunk and pulled on his pyjamas. He was sick of it: sick of being the person who is stared at and talked about all the time. If any of them knew, if any of them had the faintest idea what it felt like to be the one all these things had happened to . . . Mrs Finnigan had no idea, the stupid woman, he thought savagely.
He got into bed and made to pull the hangings closed around him, but before he could do so, Seamus said, 'Look . . . what did happen that night when . . . you know, when . . . with Cedric Diggory and all?'
“嗯,”他斟词酌句地说,“我想大概是……因为你吧。”
“你这是什么意思?”哈利追问道。
他的心突然跳得很快,他隐约感到似乎有什么东西正在朝他一步步逼近。
“嗯,”西莫又说道,仍然躲避着哈利的目光,“她……嗯……唉,也不光是因为你,还有邓布利多……”
“她相信了《预言家日报》?”哈利问,“她认为我是个骗子,邓布利多是个老糊涂?”
西莫抬头望着他。
“是啊,大概就是这个意思吧。”
哈利什么也没说。他把魔杖扔在床边的桌子上,脱下长袍,气呼呼地塞进箱子里,然后换上了睡衣。他感到厌倦,做一个总是被人盯着看、被人评头论足的人,实在让他感到厌倦。他们有谁明白,他们有谁哪怕只是明白那么一点点,这么多事情发生在一个人头上会是什么滋味……斐尼甘夫人不知道,这个愚蠢的女人,哈利恶狠狠地想。
他爬到床上,正要把幔帐拉上遮住自己,可是没等他这么做,西莫说话了:“哎……那天晚上……到底是怎么回事……你知道,就是……塞德里克·迪戈里和所有的事情?”
Seamus sounded nervous and eager at the same time. Dean, who had been bending over his trunk trying to retrieve a slipper, went oddly still and Harry knew he was listening hard.
'What are you asking me for?' Harry retorted. 'Just read the Daily Prophet like your mother, why don't you? That'll tell you all you need to know.'
'Don't you have a go at my mother,' Seamus snapped.
'I'll have a go at anyone who calls me a liar,' said Harry.
'Don't talk to me like that!'
'I'll talk to you how I want,' said Harry, his temper rising so fast he snatched his wand back from his bedside table. 'If you've got a problem sharing a dormitory with me, go and ask McGonagall if you can be moved . . . stop your mummy worrying - '
'Leave my mother out of this, Potter!'
'What's going on?'
Ron had appeared in the doorway. His wide eyes travelled from Harry, who was kneeling on his bed with his wand pointing at Seamus, to Seamus, who was standing there with his fists raised.
西莫的声音既紧张又充满好奇。迪安正弯腰从箱子里取出一双拖鞋,听了这话,突然奇怪地僵住了,哈利知道他也在侧耳细听。
“你为什么还要问我呢?”哈利反驳道,“就像你妈妈那样读读《预言家日报》好了,为什么不呢?你需要知道的东西它都会告诉你的。”
“不许你对我妈妈说三道四。”西莫气愤地说。
“谁管我叫骗子,我就要对谁说三道四。”哈利说。
“不许你跟我这样说话!”
“我爱怎么说话就怎么说话。”哈利说,他的火气蹭蹭地往上蹿,一把抓起床边桌子上的魔杖,“如果你觉得没法跟我住一个宿舍,就去问问麦格教授能不能让你搬出去……别再念叨你妈妈怎么担心——”
“不要涉及我的妈妈,波特!”
“怎么了?”
罗恩出现在门口。他睁大着眼睛看着正跪在床上用魔杖指着西姆斯的哈利,然后转到举起拳头站在那里的西莫身上。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表