雄州网-简阳人的网上社区

找回密码
 注册

QQ登录

只需一步,快速开始

搜索
查看: 2433|回复: 0

[晨韵英语] 晨韵推荐:双语美文--哈利波特与凤凰社 Chapter 10(上)

[复制链接]
发表于 2017-2-13 10:02:06 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
IP:四川成都
'Does it - er - do anything?' he asked.
'Loads of stuff!' said Neville proudly. 'It's got an amazing defensive mechanism. Here, hold Trevor for me . . .'
He dumped the toad into Harry's lap and took a quill from his schoolbag. Luna Lovegood's popping eyes appeared over the top of her upside-down magazine again, to watch what Neville was
doing. Neville held the Mimbulus mimblctonia up to his eyes, his tongue between his teeth, chose his spot, and gave the plant a sharp prod with the tip of his quill.
Liquid squirted from every boil on the plant; thick, stinking, dark green jets of it. They hit the ceiling, the windows, and spattered Luna Lovegood's magazine; Ginny, who had flung her arms up in front of her face just in time, merely looked as though she was wearing a slimy green hat, but Harry, whose hands had been busy preventing Trevor's escape, received a faceful. It smelled like rancid manure.
Neville, whose face and torso were also drenched, shook his head to get the worst out of his eyes.
'S - sorry,' he gasped. 'I haven't tried that before . . . didn't realise it would be quite so . . . don't worry, though, Stinksap's not poisonous,' he added nervously, as Harry spat a mouthful on to the floor.
At that precise moment the door of their compartment slid open.
“它——嗯——它能做什么用吗?”他问。
“用场多着呢!”纳威骄傲地说,“它有一种惊人的自卫机制。看,替我拿着莱福……”
他把蟾蜍扔在哈利的膝盖上,从书包里拿出一支羽毛笔。卢娜·洛夫古德那双凸出的眼睛又从颠倒的杂志上露出来,注视着纳威的举动。纳威把舌尖含在牙齿间,把那盆米布米宝举到眼前,找准一个地方,用羽毛笔尖使劲捅了一下那棵植物。
汁液从植物身上的每个疖子里喷射出来。一股股黏糊糊、臭烘烘的墨绿色汁液喷到了车厢的天花板上、窗户上,溅到卢娜·洛夫古德的杂志上。金妮幸好及时用胳膊挡住了脸,只是头上像戴了一顶黏糊糊的肮脏绿帽子。哈利可就惨了,他两只手都忙着捉住莱福不让它逃走,结果被喷了个满脸花。那气味就像恶臭难闻的大粪。
纳威的脸上和身上也都被喷湿了,他晃了晃脑袋,想把遭殃最厉害的眼睛里的汁液挤出来。
“对——对不起,”他喘着气说,“我以前没有试过……没想到会是这个样子,不过别担心,臭汁是没有毒的。”他看到哈利往地上吐了一口,不安地补充道。
不早不晚就在这个时候,他们包厢的门被拉开了。
'Oh . . . hello, Harry,' said a nervous voice. 'Urn . . . bad time?'
Harry wiped the lenses of his glasses with his Trevor-free hand. A very pretty girl with long, shiny black hair was standing in the doorway smiling at him: Cho Chang, the Seeker on the Ravenclaw Quidditch team.
'Oh . . . hi,' said Harry blankly.
'Um . . .' said Cho. 'Well . . . just thought I'd say hello . . . bye then.'
Rather pink in the face, she closed the door and departed. Harry slumped back in his seat and groaned. He would have liked Cho to discover him sitting with a group of very cool people laughing their heads off at a joke he had just told; he would not have chosen to be sitting with Neville and Loony Lovegood, clutching a toad and dripping in Stinksap.
'Never mind,' said Ginny bracingly. 'Look, we can easily get rid of all this.' She pulled out her wand. 'Scourgify!'
The Stinksap vanished.
'Sorry.' said Neville again, in a small voice.
“噢,你好,哈利,”一个怯生生的声音说,“嗯……碰到倒霉事儿啦?”
哈利用没拿莱福的那只手擦了擦镜片。一个长得非常漂亮、一头长发乌黑油亮的姑娘正站在包厢门口,笑眯眯地望着他。是秋·张,拉文克劳魁地奇球队的找球手。
“噢……你好。”哈利不知所措地说。
“嗯……”秋说,“好吧……我就是想过来问声好……再见吧。”
她脸上红红的,关上门走了。哈利垂头耷脑地倒在座位上,唉声叹气。他真希望秋看见他和一群很酷的人坐在一起,他们被他讲的一个笑话逗得乐不可支。他真不愿意被她看见自己跟纳威和疯姑娘洛夫古德坐在一起,手里拿着一只癞蛤蟆,脸上淌着臭汁。
“没关系,”金妮安慰他说,“瞧,我们不费吹灰之力就能弄干净。”她抽出自己的魔杖。“清理一新!”
臭汁都消失了。
“对不起。”纳威又小声说了一遍。
Ron and Hermione did not turn up for nearly an hour, by which time the food trolley had already gone by. Harry, Ginny and Neville had finished their pumpkin pasties and were busy swapping Chocolate Frog Cards when the compartment door slid open and they walked in, accompanied by Crookshanks and a shrilly hooting Pigwidgeon in his cage.
'I'm starving,' said Ron, stowing Pigwidgeon next to Hedwig, grabbing a Chocolate Frog from Harry and throwing himself into the seat next to him. He ripped open the wrapper, bit off the frog's head and leaned back with his eyes closed as though he had had a very exhausting morning.
'Well, there are two fifth-year prefects from each house,' said Hermione, looking thoroughly disgruntled as she took her seat. 'Boy and girl from each.'
'And guess who's a Slytherin prefect?' said Ron, still with his eyes closed.
'Malfoy,' replied Harry at once, certain his worst fear would be confirmed.
'Course,' said Ron bitterly, stuffing the rest of the Frog into his mouth and taking another.
'And that complete cow Pansy Parkinson,' said Hermione viciously. 'How she got to be a prefect when she's thicker than a concussed troll . . .
'Who are Hufflepuff's?' Harry asked.
罗恩和赫敏差不多一小时后才回来。卖食品的手推车已经来过了,哈利、金妮和纳威吃完了南瓜馅饼,正忙着交换巧克力蛙的卡片,这时包厢的门被推开,他们俩走了进来,跟他们在一起的还有克鲁克山和关在笼子里厉声尖叫的小猪。
“我饿惨了。”罗恩说着把小猪塞在海德薇旁边,从哈利手里抓过一个巧克力蛙,一屁股坐在哈利旁边的座位上。他撕开包装纸,一口咬掉了青蛙的脑袋,然后倒在椅背上,闭上了眼睛,似乎这一上午把他累坏了。
“是这样,每个学院的五年级都有两个级长,”赫敏说,她坐下时显得特别不高兴,“一男一女。”
“猜猜谁是斯莱特林的级长?”罗恩说,眼睛仍然闭着。
“马尔福。”哈利不假思索地回答,相信他最担心的事情会得到证实。
“没错。”罗恩苦闷地说,一边把青蛙的身体塞进嘴里,然后又拿了一个。
“还有那个十足的母牛潘西·帕金森,”赫敏尖刻地说,“她怎么能当级长呢,她比一个患了脑震荡的山怪还要笨呢……”
“赫奇帕奇的是谁?”哈利问。
'Ernie Macmillan and Hannah Abbott,' said Ron thickly.
'And Anthony Goldstein and Padma Patil for Ravenclaw,' said Hermione.
'You went to the Yule Ball with Padma Patil,' said a vague voice.
Everyone turned to look at Luna Lovegood, who was gazing unblinkingly at Ron over the top of The Quibbler. He swallowed his mouthful of Frog.
'Yeah, I know I did,' he said, looking mildly surprised.
'She didn't enjoy it very much,' Luna informed him. 'She doesn't think you treated her very well, because you wouldn't dance with her. I don't think I'd have minded,' she added thoughtfully, 'I don't like dancing very much.'
She retreated behind The Quibbler again. Ron stared at the cover with his mouth hanging open for a few seconds, then looked around at Ginny for some kind of explanation, but Ginny had stuffed her knuckles in her mouth to stop herself giggling. Ron shook his head, bemused, then checked his watch.
'We're supposed to patrol the corridors every so often,' he told Harry and Neville, 'and we can give out punishments if people are misbehaving. I can't wait to get Crabbe and Goyle for something . . . '
'You're not supposed to abuse your position, Ron!' said Hermione sharply.
“厄尼·麦克米兰和汉娜·艾博。”罗恩很快地说。
“拉文克劳的是安东尼·戈德斯坦和帕德玛·佩蒂尔。”赫敏说。
“你和帕德玛·佩蒂尔一起参加过圣诞节的舞会。”一个含混不清的声音说道。
大家都转过脸来望着卢娜·洛夫古德,她的眼睛从《唱唱反调》上方一眨不眨地盯着罗恩。罗恩赶紧把满嘴的巧克力蛙咽了下去。
“是啊,我知道的。”他说,显得有点儿吃惊。
“可是她玩得不很开心,”卢娜对他说道,“她认为你对她不太好,因为你不肯跟她跳舞。我想我是不会在乎的,”她若有所思地又说道,“我不太喜欢跳舞。”
她又缩到《唱唱反调》后面去了。罗恩张大嘴巴呆呆地望着杂志封面,好几秒钟缓不过神来,随即转脸看看金妮,希望得到一些解释。可是金妮用手指堵着嘴,不让自己咯咯笑出声来。罗恩摇了摇头,整个儿给弄糊涂了,然后他看了看表。
“我们应该偶尔在过道里巡视巡视,”他对哈利和纳威说,“如果有人在做坏事,我们可以惩罚他们。我真想马上就抓住克拉布和高尔的什么把柄……”
“你不应该滥用职权,罗恩!”赫敏严厉地说。

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

扫二维码关注我们

小黑屋|手机版|雄州网 ( 蜀ICP备10022193号-9

Copyright 2015 最新最精彩-社区论坛 版权所有 All Rights Reserved.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表